• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mel Kiper smoking crack

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mel saying on first take that Lions trade up to get Milliner and KC gets there 2nd rd pick back. KC is trading Branden Albert to Dolphins for a 2nd rd pick. Which means to me, you get the guy you want out of the three OT there. Too many teams could trade up then KC is screwed without getting one of those three.
Dee to me is not worth that. We need that 2nd pick also!!:bullshit:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumbest crap (are we allowed to swear here? do I have to use crap, instead of the grown-up word?) I've ever heard.

We need to gain picks, not give any up. I wonder if Kiper even believes that, or if he was just trying to generate clicks.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mel saying on first take that Lions trade up to get Milliner and KC gets there 2nd rd pick back. KC is trading Branden Albert to Dolphins for a 2nd rd pick. Which means to me, you get the guy you want out of the three OT there. Too many teams could trade up then KC is screwed without getting one of those three.
Dee to me is not worth that. We need that 2nd pick also!!:bullshit:

Ya, that is pretty dumb. Corner is the deepest position in the Draft. Milliner is Not an Elite prospect like a Patrick Peterson, he, IMO, will only be effective in a Cover Zone scheme for the first 2 years, maybe forever.

Any Team can draft a Corner in the 2nd round and they might be better than any 1st round CB this year.

Lions can draft a CB with both their first 2 picks and be more than fine. No Need to trade up and lose one of those picks for a prospect that is barely better than the 5th or 6th rated CB prospect.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumbest crap (are we allowed to swear here? do I have to use crap, instead of the grown-up word?) I've ever heard.

We need to gain picks, not give any up. I wonder if Kiper even believes that, or if he was just trying to generate clicks.

I agree it's dumb. Is Milliner the guy? Is it necessary to trade up in order to get him? Even if it is, you can't do it. Just take whatever's sitting there for you and keep your picks. If Milliner goes top 4, you're going to land one of the guys you really want/need at 5. ...You have to admit, though, it is not completely unheard of for this team to trade up unnecessarily.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jayfan, that is what scares me. Mayhew has traded up before. Too many CB's with same skillset to lose a pick over!

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"There's a lot of rumors and speculation -- we're gonna trade up to No. 1 -- which is not going to happen," Mayhew said, in a light-hearted jab at ESPN draft analyst Mel Kiper, who argued this week that the Lions should swap into the Kansas City Chiefs' top overall spot to land Alabama cornerback Dee Milliner.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Mel is the smoker. I'm pretty sure he's the smokee.