• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Meeting with draft prospects.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got this off the general board and thought it was worth mentioning here. Seahawks have met with two prospects so far, both WRs. Mmmm...interesting. Anyway these are the two players.

Seattle Seahawks:
Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M (COM)
Jordan Matthews, WR, Vanderbilt (COM

Here's the thread.

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/...-nfl-draft-prospect-meetings-sorted-team.html

Could mean nothing, but it does make one think, doesn't it?

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Mike Evans a lot, but I find it highly unlikely he falls to us. He is a guy that I think is worth trading up for though.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Mike Evans a lot, but I find it highly unlikely he falls to us. He is a guy that I think is worth trading up for though.

True, but looks like they are looking at WRs.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that they chose to meet with so little players. Maybe they know who they want and don't want to show their hand

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that they chose to meet with so little players. Maybe they know who they want and don't want to show their hand

I was wondering about that myself. The have a reputation for leaving no stone unturned, so I was expecting a much longer list. However it's early and perhaps they want to focus on resigning or extending their own player first.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He'd be the guy i want. But he's not gonna fall. We must have deal in place with a team.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evans aint gonna be there.

I like matthews alot tho, he did himself a favor with the forty he ran. All he does is catch passes.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You KNOW they will draft someone unexpected.
I have no idea who, and neither do any of us/

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is coming from a good friend that I trust.
Luke Wilson's dad was telling my friend this story about last years draft. My friend met and became friends with Mr. Wilson (sr) as he went to every road game this past year and had a some beers with Luke's dad on a few occasions.
I'm not sure if it was at the combine or at Rice University, but the Seahawks reps were paying gobs of attention to Vance McDonald. I think they took him out to lunch and/or dinner and spent some quality time with him. Of course, during these events other team reps can easily see who gets targeted by other teams.
On draft day the 9ers traded with GB in the second round to move ahead of Seattle to select Vance McDonald.
In the 5th round Luke Wilson got a call from the Seahawks TE coach. The coach asked him a question.
"Did we have you faked out?"
"Faked out? What do you mean coach?"
"Watch the TV." Then the coach hung up.
We drafted Luke a few minutes later. according to Mr. W, we spent no time on Luke and showed absolutely no interest.
He was targeted all along. Looking at the #'s from last year, Luke had a better year as a receiving TE in comparing his #'s to VM's.
None of us will have an idea which way our FO will go and draft day and that makes it just a little more fun.

Go Seahawks.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is coming from a good friend that I trust.
Luke Wilson's dad was telling my friend this story about last years draft. My friend met and became friends with Mr. Wilson (sr) as he went to every road game this past year and had a some beers with Luke's dad on a few occasions.
I'm not sure if it was at the combine or at Rice University, but the Seahawks reps were paying gobs of attention to Vance McDonald. I think they took him out to lunch and/or dinner and spent some quality time with him. Of course, during these events other team reps can easily see who gets targeted by other teams.
On draft day the 9ers traded with GB in the second round to move ahead of Seattle to select Vance McDonald.
In the 5th round Luke Wilson got a call from the Seahawks TE coach. The coach asked him a question.
"Did we have you faked out?"
"Faked out? What do you mean coach?"
"Watch the TV." Then the coach hung up.
We drafted Luke a few minutes later. according to Mr. W, we spent no time on Luke and showed absolutely no interest.
He was targeted all along. Looking at the #'s from last year, Luke had a better year as a receiving TE in comparing his #'s to VM's.
None of us will have an idea which way our FO will go and draft day and that makes it just a little more fun.

Go Seahawks.

Would not surprise me at all if John Schneider put up a smoke screen on player he wanted... Thompson does the same thing for the Packers.

You guys have a great GM.