• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mediocre and pedestrian receivers

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle's wide receivers have been disrespected all season long by a handful of sports pundits. And that is understandable. Seattle just doesn't focus on passing. Its all about the run. So it is going to be difficult for our receivers to put up big numbers when they don't get the ball that much.
Granted, only Harvin has incredible speed but he has play very little. Rice went down half way thru the season.
As a result of this perceived disrespect the Seattle receivers have a chip on their shoulders almost as big as Sherman's.
Part of his rant about Crabtree was sticking up for Seattle's "mediocre' wide receivers.

There is only a handful of receivers in the league that have the speed to outrun coverage and only a handful who can catch every ball in a crowd.
So the rest of the league is (pedestrian)? I don't say that in a negative way. I think who your QB is has a major effect on wide receivers.

Peyton Manning is incredible. He is human, but still in my mind, the best QB to ever play the game. He makes everyone around him better. Really he is the Magic Johnson of football. The Denver receivers have put up great numbers behind him. Some of that is talent and desire, a lot of that is Peyton putting the ball exactly where they need it to be successful. I am not disrespecting Denver's receivers. They are a scary team to play. I am just saying a lot of the accolades going to wide receivers belongs to the guy throwing them the ball.

Brady made Deion Branch a super bowl MVP. Seattle gave the Patriots a first round pick for him and he was not the magic bullet to get us back to the superbowl. Our GM didn't think it through before making the trade.

This is going to be a very interesting superbowl. One of the best offenses of all time vs a very very good defense. And everybody has a chip on their shoulder.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think like every game the trenches will decide it...SEA must make Manning move around...4 man rush, 5 man, 6 whatever it takes because he will get jittery if the guys are around his feet a lot.

The elite players on the SEA DEF are in the back 4 imo, but not all of them are Richard Sherman like...plus Manning will find the LB in coverage every time....plus he's willing to run it 5 straight times if you keep giving him the right front...I still contend that DEN will win it unless they take the reins off RW and let him air it out early.

Last edited by a moderator:

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really think It will simply come down to TOs. None and the Broncos win it, otherwise Seattle takes the Lombardi.

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny to me, because I think offensively these two teams are actually pretty similar. Both teams can run the ball, maybe Seattle focuses on the run game a little more. But, Knowshon Moreno and Montee Ball are both solid backs. Denver's receivers are maybe a little better, but both teams can so some damage off of the play action game. Denver has a tremendous edge at quarterback.

When the Broncos have the ball I'm interested to see how the game will be officiated. If the refs let some contact go I see advantage Seahawks. If the refs call the game tight advantage Broncos.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think DEN can probably survive a turnover better than SEA. If SEA is able to get a lead and shorten the game, I like their chances, but I don't see Del Rio allowing Lynch to be the bell cow...RW is going to have to make some plays early and I think Carroll has the balls to allow him to do it...execution idk about.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the refs making the difference. Both teams will adjust to how they are calling the game. I agree it is going to be won in the trenches. Our big monster fat guys against their big monster fat guys.

The offensive lineman are maybe the most important group on a team and they get almost zero press. Zero accolades. Nobody runs anywhere if there is no hole. Nobody throws anything if they are dodging big mean bubba's who want to knock you down and dry hump you every play.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny to me, because I think offensively these two teams are actually pretty similar. Both teams can run the ball, maybe Seattle focuses on the run game a little more. But, Knowshon Moreno and Montee Ball are both solid backs. Denver's receivers are maybe a little better, but both teams can so some damage off of the play action game. Denver has a tremendous edge at quarterback.

When the Broncos have the ball I'm interested to see how the game will be officiated. If the refs let some contact go I see advantage Seahawks. If the refs call the game tight advantage Broncos.

Idk about that...SEA wants to impose their will on you with Lynch and playaction off of him, maybe a WR screen, a deep ball or two. DEN seems to focus on matchups more in the passing game and use the run to keep you honest up front or if they get numbers he will check to a run.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Refs...I don't either, but I do get his point...if the refs are allowing contact after 5 yds, it will knock the timing off and buy the DL another second to get pressure on Manning.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the title of this thread, yeah, I would consider Seattles receivers to be mediocre or average at best and they play on my team. They are definitely blue collar guys but they make plays.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with the part in bold... that and that the Broncos have a big edge at QB. It seems that the refs have been allowing DBs a lot more contact in the playoffs and I think the Hawks back 4 tends to get away with even more because they're so good... sort of like NBA stars.