• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

McNabb resigned

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really a signing we where looking for :doh:

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
need all the depth we can get on D; a $1.75M AAV isn't bad. With Looch likely going elsewhere the Kings will have more $ to play with it on D.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$1.7 million isn't bad for him, he still has upside although I think he regressed a little this season. Made some poor decisions, more than 2014-15, that I noticed anyway. Hopefully just some growing pains and he comes back a better player this year.

This is a "show me" contract, if I am not mistaken he will be a GIII UFA at the end of this so he will either get a big bump if he shows improvement, if not he will hit the open market and get what he can.

Right now I don't know where to place him, he's not quite a 3/4 but also not a 5/7 and definitely not a 1/2. This is where the Kings miss a Mitchell and Regehr, true shut down defenders who can help the youth although maybe if Greene is back i the fold he should be able to give him some pointers.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While the contract isn't bad, he played worse as the season went on. I don't hate the signing, but he isn't the "depth" I think the team needs at D.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not an awful deal for that price. I have been surprised before with the way defensemen develop, so we'll just have to wait and see. When Muzzin came in and played a ton during the 2013 season, I sort of hated him, but he was a huge part of the 2014 run just a year later.

Despite the Kings losing in 5 to SJ, there were some young guys that got some Playoff experience, and that has some value as well.

My only worry is that the league just keeps getting faster and faster and yet the Kings are bringing back Greene, McNabb,and Scuderi. On paper, that is not good enough. Still holding out hope for signing a top 4 guy and that should settle everyone on the backend into more comfortable matchups, including freeing up Doughty from babysitting duty. Imagine Doughty paired with Martinez/Muzzin or someone else for a whole year?