• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

McNabb & 2 2nd rounders from Buffalo...

Bluesince62

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob McKenzie
Pending trade call, sounds like BUF sends Brayden McNabb and two 2nd round picks to LA for two prospects - one of them Hudson Fasching.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Kings also got a young forward Jonathan Parker in the deal. Sure hope McNabb turns out to be worth it because from what I've seen in the few games I've seen Fasching play (World Juniors and with Minnesota U.) he is a beast of a forward. Big guy who spends a lot of time in front of the net and has good hands. Add in that he's only a freshman at Minnesota but still a regular on a very good college hockey club. I had high hopes for him as a future King. More for the picks to replace those they had to give up in the Gaborik deal is my guess.

Ox

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McNabb is rated 7.5 by HF - Deslauriers 7.0 & Fasching 7.0, but DL got two 2nd rounders also.

:first:

Last edited by a moderator:

xis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not excited to see Fasching go but getting McNabb is a good move in my opinion. I think this is the kid that takes over for Green next year. He's got a lot more offensive side and I can see him as a solid 3-4 d-man on this team.

Deader2818

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had been lacking on the defensive depth but have a lot of good forwards in the system so makes sense to make this move considering he is close to NHL ready.

He'll prob make the team next season. I dont think they want to put him in with little NHL experience and then have him in the playoffs.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is the kid that takes over for Green next year. He's got a lot more offensive side and I can see him as a solid 3-4 d-man on this team.

That's exactly who he will be a replacement for, only difference is he will be a lefty where as Greene is a righty McNabb has a cannon for a shot too, although I don't expect that to translate much at the NHL level because he is more of a stay at home type and plays a little nasty.

Good pick up for LA, Greene is on his way out this summer me thinks unless he takes a considerable pay cut. He went from almost unbreakable to glass overnight it seems. McNabb will be groomed to be his replacement and will most like be on the opening night roster next season.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually both of them were.

Ah bummer - would have been nice to get one from them, so essentially it was Regehr for the two prospects.

Fasching is the one I was interested in, he is a top player already in college at age 18. Of course that doesn't mean squat - most Hobey Baker winners go on to have pedestrian NHL careers - but it was a position of depth so it makes sense.

Kings need some solid defense prospects with guys like Greene, Mitchell and Regehr nearing their ends.

Deader2818

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats some pretty nifty work by DL to get back his own picks plus a good Defenseman for 2 prospects, lol.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats some pretty nifty work by DL to get back his own picks plus a good Defenseman for 2 prospects, lol.

Dude is a great finagler. Ultimately the deal turns into Delauriers/Fasching for McNabb/Regehr.

blk4x499

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think I heard on the NHL network Mcnabb won the skills competiton with fastest shot in AHL. It was clocked at 101MPH/ Thats a booming shot. I hope he is accurate with it.