• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

McGehee DFA'd

jeep99tj

If you don’t agree with me, don’t talk to me.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow!!

jeep99tj

If you don’t agree with me, don’t talk to me.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got two alerts. One saying Strickland optioned to AAA then another a few minutes later saying McGehee designated for assignment and Strickland recalled from AAA. Wonder if Strickland even packed.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bold move by the best FO in MLB. Sends a nice signal to the guys in the minors, too. I feel bad for McGehee - I think he's a nice guy and a class act. Hope some team picks him up that can use him.

Duvall gets one step closer to being unblocked, if he can just get his glove worked out. There's some other 3B prospects as well (no, not HIM - well, yeah, HIM, too). And there's always Arias - a real unsung hero.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am guessing that Strickland will only be up for a couple days. Ishi is due back in a few days.

As for sHits, I expect that he will go to Sacto and try to get back to the big club.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bold move by the best FO in MLB. Sends a nice signal to the guys in the minors, too. I feel bad for McGehee - I think he's a nice guy and a class act. Hope some team picks him up that can use him.

Duvall gets one step closer to being unblocked, if he can just get his glove worked out. There's some other 3B prospects as well (no, not HIM - well, yeah, HIM, too). And there's always Arias - a real unsung hero.

I'd imagine with the $4MM contract, sHits will take the DFA and go to Sacto. I'm not optimistic that Duvall is going to be part of 2015 Giants in any significant way...his D is just too poor.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am guessing that Strickland will only be up for a couple days. Ishi is due back in a few days.

As for sHits, I expect that he will go to Sacto and try to get back to the big club.

Apparently, we will carry 13 pitchers until 6/4. I'd imagine Strick stays up til Peavy is ready.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Ishi will be DFAd tomorrow; Strick will stay with the club til Peavy ready.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd imagine with the $4MM contract, sHits will take the DFA and go to Sacto. I'm not optimistic that Duvall is going to be part of 2015 Giants in any significant way...his D is just too poor.

McGehee has over 5 years of service time. He can refuse the assignment to the minors and still collect his $4.8M salary. I think he is GONE.

This really smells like the front office telling Bochy "you've been playing the crappy guy far too much, and the only way to get Duffy the playing time he deserves is to flush McGehee down the toilet, because otherwise you'd be starting and PHing DP McGehee".

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, with 3 guys on the DL hopefully coming back pretty soon (or at least 2 of them), This DFA was not a surprise. Ishi may just get released (like Cordier) but Peavy and Cain needed a roster spot.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McGehee has over 5 years of service time. He can refuse the assignment to the minors and still collect his $4.8M salary. I think he is GONE.

This really smells like the front office telling Bochy "you've been playing the crappy guy far too much, and the only way to get Duffy the playing time he deserves is to flush McGehee down the toilet, because otherwise you'd be starting and PHing DP McGehee".

Last edited:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I absolutely, 100%, disagree.

There is nothing in the history of this FO that points to the suits having to strong-arm Boch. Everything we have seen says that the suits and the unis pretty much walk hand-in-hand.

sHits was given every opportunity to get out of his funk. He was unable to do it. I am pretty sure Bochy was the primary driver of that bus. If anything, the suits were slower to act because they were the ones that dealt one decent prospect and a filler for the guy.

Last edited:

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry, two related but disconnect thoughts into my first sentence. I meant to say: given his salary, he won't be claimed by another team. As an unclaimed FA, it wouldn't surprise me if he thinks his best chance at getting back to the show is via Sacto.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not surprised, he has been terrible this year.

I am just wondering if the prospects traded for him were decent assets or just farm fillers? Six weeks of shitting the bed for anything of value sounds like a mistake.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not surprised, he has been terrible this year.

I am just wondering if the prospects traded for him were decent assets or just farm fillers? Six weeks of shitting the bed for anything of value sounds like a mistake.
Wouldn't 6 weeks of shitting the bed for nothing at all also be a mistake?