• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

McFadden

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Wanting a 3rd or 4th round RB cost us our season? Not the season I watched. We had a 1,000 yard rusher. We were top 10 in Rushing yards per game. We were top 5 in rushing yards per attempt. AND McFadden was 4th in the NFL in rushing yards without being the starter all year!!! 4th in the entire NFL!!!

your statement leads me to believe you are saying we would have been better off drafting a RB in either round 1 or round 2. In round 1 Gurley and Gordon (who didn't help SD at all) were off the board. After watching our running backs and our CBs/FSs...Which RB would have been a better pick at the time and helped us more last year and going forward than Jones? Yeldon (740 yards) was the next picked. McFadden had 47% more rushing yards than Yeldon and wasn't even the starter all year. Plus and more importantly if we took Yeldon in the first round I would have been pissed. Wouldn't we all have? Abdullah? Couldn't win PT in Detroit.

So now round 2. We took Gregory. Yes he was hurt and didn't play much. But I love the potential as a nickel pass rusher. What RB do you prefer there? Tevon Coleman? Also hurt and won't be a starter in Atl. Duke? That's the guy I wanted but he didn't beat out Isiah Crowell (and I figured round 3 or later for him). Think he'd have beaten out McFadden? David Johnson? Didn't win the job until everyone else got hurt, but in retrospect looks like a great pick. But were you ready to take him in round two on draft day? Every other back we could have gotten in round 3 or later which is what was suggested in the post you questioned in the first place.

IMO going forward I think we made two great picks in round one and two. I loved Gurley last year and would have taken him if his injury caused him to drop to us in round 1, but other than that they all looked like round 3 or later guys and many of them if thrown in a rotation with our guys would be good, but those guys are available every year in the draft and via free agency. The NFL isn't what it was for RBs. 1,100 yards per game is 69 yards per game. Is that good? Only two backs had more than 1,106 YPG last year in the league. Injuries, rotation and the passing game have minimized the RB position in the NFL IMO. I'm all for a stud, bell cow RB...but there aren't too many. So IMO we needed a mid round RB last year and still need one this year. If we go there in Round one I'm not going to be too happy. Round Two? Maybe if the right guy is there, but I certainly see bigger needs personally and wouldn't feel we "have" to do it.

All my opinion of course...
Man that would have been so awesome if we could have ended up with David Johnson.:nod: