• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

McFadden

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DMC just looks so quick and fast at times. He doesn't finish runs like Murray, but it's like he has figured it out the last month.

McFadden has definitely found his legs this year, and the burst that made him so coveted out of college. I'm all for Dallas drafting a RB in the first half of the draft, but I definitely think McFadden gets another year. I'd like to see what McFadden can do with a full off-season in the offense. With a legit passing game, McFadden could really do some damage behind this line.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It kind of sad that the talent evaluators on the cowboys wasted the first quarter of the season when it was obvious to everyone else that McFadden was the best rb on the roster.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It kind of sad that the talent evaluators on the cowboys wasted the first quarter of the season when it was obvious to everyone else that McFadden was the best rb on the roster.

Randle should have been cut before the season, everyone was aware he was a total screw up and wasn't a team guy. Who takes the blame for him being on the roster? I noticed no team rushed out and signed him, even with all the injuries. I know he would have had to still serve the suspension

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is true but McFadden was an accident waiting to happen and couldn't dress for the first 4 weeks of camp.

Whats sad is this teams evaluation that dunbar and the shop lifter could be counted on for their so called committee mindset. TOTAL WIFF!!

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to be fair, Weeden has now won 2 games with the Texans. Maybe he wasn't put in a position to win in Dallas?

I don't know...something has definitely gone sideways for the Cowboys in the coaching dept.
Seeing Weeden play in Houston has me pointing fingers more at the OC and game calling, than the QBs.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing Weeden play in Houston has me pointing fingers more at the OC and game calling, than the QBs.
exactly. The play calling is one of the most predictable things for defenses to figure out. The only thing Defenses didn't really know is what Romo was gonna do during the play.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McFadden did it!

1089 yards on 239 carries for 4.55ypc - I called this during training camp

Demarcus Lawrence fell short of my prediction for 10 sacks, while tallying 8 on the season. Still, I feel like Lawrence really broke out in the second half of this season. Bright future for him, I think.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man... Dallas is drafting WAY to high in the 1st to grab a RB but Ezekiel Elliot would be absolutely phenomenal behind that OLine.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the price is right, anyone else like Forte's fit here in Dallas? I know he wants to stay in Chicago, but I think they have moved on (about 9 weeks ago). I don't know how much his market value is, but it should not be as high as Demarco's ended up being last year. Plus, we still could use a bull around the goal line as a third back, which we could get as UDFA.

Zeke could be in our wheelhouse if we decide to trade down - BUT -you can't convince me we would take a back that high in the draft, even after the year we had. There is always RB talent that goes late. For whatever the reason, we decided against using a single pick last year on one. It won't happen again, but we also need to address several other things first.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In theory Forte would be a good fit based on skill set alone, but a 30 year old RB with an injury history isn't what we should be looking at unless the price is really, really right. I'm not sure he was even the best back in Chi at the end of the year...

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say go with what we have and add a 3rd or 4th round back. DT, CB, SS, QB, and OLB are bigger needs than RB.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say go with what we have and add a 3rd or 4th round back. DT, CB, SS, QB, and OLB are bigger needs than RB.

that's the mindset that cost us this last season. i see RB, QB and Secondary in that order as the priorities

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that we all agree there are many positions on this team that need shoring up. As talented as this team is it's deficiencies seem to out weigh the strengths. You don't need Elite skills at every position, but it needs to be both consistent and competent. As a team What we end up with 11 picks and 31 sacks. This team lacks playmakers on defense. In a league where the rb position has been devalued, Mc Fadden was good , but how many games has he dominate behind this OL? How many Explosive running plays he have? How was he in 3rd and short or goaline.

We need more than we think.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say we keep Mc Fadden and we're obviously starting Romo heres my first 3 picks of the draft.
1. CB Hargrave. Hope he has real ball hawkings skills and not just a product of an awesome defense like Mo was.
2. RB. Henry. He's a bruiser, has good fee, good vision, and is quicker than you think.
3. QB Prescott Man this dude can be Cam of this season or he could be Vince Young.
This is what I think right now. This is my official unofficial picks until the combine.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephen Jones has come out and said he is "really looking forward to what McFadden can do in 2016". DMC is coming back, as the starter. I'm good with that. I think with good health, McFadden will have an even better year next year.

Dallas still needs to draft a guy - preferably in the middle rounds.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's the mindset that cost us this last season. i see RB, QB and Secondary in that order as the priorities

I was against McFadden, and with the return of Dunbar, the RBs while not top notch they are more than serviceable. I'll agree with QB and secondary, but DL and OLB are bigger need than RB IMO. I'm just not in love enough with any of these QBs to use a early first on them, trade back mid first fine get a QB, or wait until the 2nd or 3rd.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really? Wanting a 3rd or 4th round RB cost us our season? Not the season I watched. We had a 1,000 yard rusher. We were top 10 in Rushing yards per game. We were top 5 in rushing yards per attempt. AND McFadden was 4th in the NFL in rushing yards without being the starter all year!!! 4th in the entire NFL!!!

your statement leads me to believe you are saying we would have been better off drafting a RB in either round 1 or round 2. In round 1 Gurley and Gordon (who didn't help SD at all) were off the board. After watching our running backs and our CBs/FSs...Which RB would have been a better pick at the time and helped us more last year and going forward than Jones? Yeldon (740 yards) was the next picked. McFadden had 47% more rushing yards than Yeldon and wasn't even the starter all year. Plus and more importantly if we took Yeldon in the first round I would have been pissed. Wouldn't we all have? Abdullah? Couldn't win PT in Detroit.

So now round 2. We took Gregory. Yes he was hurt and didn't play much. But I love the potential as a nickel pass rusher. What RB do you prefer there? Tevon Coleman? Also hurt and won't be a starter in Atl. Duke? That's the guy I wanted but he didn't beat out Isiah Crowell (and I figured round 3 or later for him). Think he'd have beaten out McFadden? David Johnson? Didn't win the job until everyone else got hurt, but in retrospect looks like a great pick. But were you ready to take him in round two on draft day? Every other back we could have gotten in round 3 or later which is what was suggested in the post you questioned in the first place.

IMO going forward I think we made two great picks in round one and two. I loved Gurley last year and would have taken him if his injury caused him to drop to us in round 1, but other than that they all looked like round 3 or later guys and many of them if thrown in a rotation with our guys would be good, but those guys are available every year in the draft and via free agency. The NFL isn't what it was for RBs. 1,100 yards per game is 69 yards per game. Is that good? Only two backs had more than 1,106 YPG last year in the league. Injuries, rotation and the passing game have minimized the RB position in the NFL IMO. I'm all for a stud, bell cow RB...but there aren't too many. So IMO we needed a mid round RB last year and still need one this year. If we go there in Round one I'm not going to be too happy. Round Two? Maybe if the right guy is there, but I certainly see bigger needs personally and wouldn't feel we "have" to do it.

All my opinion of course...

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Wanting a 3rd or 4th round RB cost us our season? Not the season I watched. We had a 1,000 yard rusher. We were top 10 in Rushing yards per game. We were top 5 in rushing yards per attempt. AND McFadden was 4th in the NFL in rushing yards without being the starter all year!!! 4th in the entire NFL!!!

your statement leads me to believe you are saying we would have been better off drafting a RB in either round 1 or round 2. In round 1 Gurley and Gordon (who didn't help SD at all) were off the board. After watching our running backs and our CBs/FSs...Which RB would have been a better pick at the time and helped us more last year and going forward than Jones? Yeldon (740 yards) was the next picked. McFadden had 47% more rushing yards than Yeldon and wasn't even the starter all year. Plus and more importantly if we took Yeldon in the first round I would have been pissed. Wouldn't we all have? Abdullah? Couldn't win PT in Detroit.

So now round 2. We took Gregory. Yes he was hurt and didn't play much. But I love the potential as a nickel pass rusher. What RB do you prefer there? Tevon Coleman? Also hurt and won't be a starter in Atl. Duke? That's the guy I wanted but he didn't beat out Isiah Crowell (and I figured round 3 or later for him). Think he'd have beaten out McFadden? David Johnson? Didn't win the job until everyone else got hurt, but in retrospect looks like a great pick. But were you ready to take him in round two on draft day? Every other back we could have gotten in round 3 or later which is what was suggested in the post you questioned in the first place.

IMO going forward I think we made two great picks in round one and two. I loved Gurley last year and would have taken him if his injury caused him to drop to us in round 1, but other than that they all looked like round 3 or later guys and many of them if thrown in a rotation with our guys would be good, but those guys are available every year in the draft and via free agency. The NFL isn't what it was for RBs. 1,100 yards per game is 69 yards per game. Is that good? Only two backs had more than 1,106 YPG last year in the league. Injuries, rotation and the passing game have minimized the RB position in the NFL IMO. I'm all for a stud, bell cow RB...but there aren't too many. So IMO we needed a mid round RB last year and still need one this year. If we go there in Round one I'm not going to be too happy. Round Two? Maybe if the right guy is there, but I certainly see bigger needs personally and wouldn't feel we "have" to do it.

All my opinion of course...

I say argument is now over.