• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

McDonald Playing Sunday

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good Innocent until proven guilty!!!!!!

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you up partying until the wee hours of the night less than two weeks before the NFL season starts? I don't care if it's your birthday or your kids bar mitzvah. Have friends over, fire up the grill, have a couple adult beverages, get everyone in cars by midnight and call it a night.

Guilty or innocent he made a dumb life choice. Show the NFL that you have control of your players and the situation and bench him for making a poor life choice. Once he's retired from the league he can stay up as late as he wants. But when you're a professional getting paid millions of dollars you have to make sacrifices - one of this is smart life choices. He failed, bench him because now he has jeopardized the entire team.

NinerFan52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you up partying until the wee hours of the night less than two weeks before the NFL season starts? I don't care if it's your birthday or your kids bar mitzvah. Have friends over, fire up the grill, have a couple adult beverages, get everyone in cars by midnight and call it a night.

Guilty or innocent he made a dumb life choice. Show the NFL that you have control of your players and the situation and bench him for making a poor life choice. Once he's retired from the league he can stay up as late as he wants. But when you're a professional getting paid millions of dollars you have to make sacrifices - one of this is smart life choices. He failed, bench him because now he has jeopardized the entire team.

How does benching him hurt him? He is still getting paid which is all athletes care about. Benching works with little kids who love the game, and those trying to prove something to get to the next level. Only way to hurt an NFL player is to effect his checkbook.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does benching him hurt him? He is still getting paid which is all athletes care about. Benching works with little kids who love the game, and those trying to prove something to get to the next level. Only way to hurt an NFL player is to effect his checkbook.

I'll assume he loves his job, takes pride in what he does and feels shame when he's benched for poor life choices.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good Innocent until proven guilty!!!!!!

I agree 100%. Plus after what the NFL did to A. Smith, keeping a player out doesn't help. Let him play until he can't.

Cali Steel

Poster Extraordinaire !!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.18
Fav. Team #1

Yeah, and / or wait till off season to get your groove on.
Shit, there are a lot of his team mates who might tend to be a little more focused a week from the start of the season.
Also heard though that about 75% of the team was at his party, so, so much for that idea.....

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy to see him playing for the benefit of the team. Due process. This could be dragged out for some time if the Commish is waiting for a verdict or similar.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy to see him playing for the benefit of the team. Due process. This could be dragged out for some time if the Commish is waiting for a verdict or similar.

I don't think the girlfriend will end up pressing charges which will likely mean no charges filed. What the NFL does with that.... who knows anymore. After all beating a woman unconscious apparently carries a lesser penalty these days than a DUI and a Misdemeanor.

Reason I doubt charges are filed is because I doubt it was anything serious to the point of life threatening, and she will not want to hurt the career and value of her babies daddy. Unless of course he was trying to kill her. If that's the case Ray is gone and good riddance.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the girlfriend will end up pressing charges which will likely mean no charges filed. What the NFL does with that.... who knows anymore. After all beating a woman unconscious apparently carries a lesser penalty these days than a DUI and a Misdemeanor.

Reason I doubt charges are filed is because I doubt it was anything serious to the point of life threatening, and she will not want to hurt the career and value of her babies daddy. Unless of course he was trying to kill her. If that's the case Ray is gone and good riddance.

Goodell is on record saying he screwed up the Rice discipline. Don't expect him to go lightly again because he won't want to eat another shit-burger with the media.

If his girlfriend doesn't press charges that will probably be the end of it, but it doesn't have to be. Cops can press charges on their own if they feel they have enough proof. If the cops did interviews with the party goers and got some of them to admit seeing some type of domestic abuse they can proceed even without the girlfriends help.

Then there's Harbaugh. What does he do? Given his public statements on the matter he may have painted himself into a corner. He's in a tough spot either way. Cut McDonald and hurt the team but make a strong point about personal conduct, or keep McDonald and help the team but probably get deemed a hypocrite by fans and the media plus lose some respect amongst the team members. I wouldn't want to be him making that choice right now.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't want to be him making that choice right now.

Sounds like you think McDonald is guilty. Harbaugh doesn't have to make that choice right now. His decision is an easy one IMO. Start him until facts say that McDonald is guilty.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't have been surprised if they had chosen to bench McDonald. He has very serious accusations against him that absolutely should not be tolerated if true.

With that said, I understand that they're going to let the facts come out before they make their decision.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodell is on record saying he screwed up the Rice discipline. Don't expect him to go lightly again because he won't want to eat another shit-burger with the media.

If his girlfriend doesn't press charges that will probably be the end of it, but it doesn't have to be. Cops can press charges on their own if they feel they have enough proof. If the cops did interviews with the party goers and got some of them to admit seeing some type of domestic abuse they can proceed even without the girlfriends help.

Then there's Harbaugh. What does he do? Given his public statements on the matter he may have painted himself into a corner. He's in a tough spot either way. Cut McDonald and hurt the team but make a strong point about personal conduct, or keep McDonald and help the team but probably get deemed a hypocrite by fans and the media plus lose some respect amongst the team members. I wouldn't want to be him making that choice right now.
Going back to my "due process" comment here. It is all just speculation until this all plays out.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 506.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was his HC, I would let him play at this point. I would need lots more confirmed information before I would bench him.

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess we should bench Vernon Davis and every other 49er that was there too???? Get a grip man they are adults if they want to stay up late one night to celebrate so be it. The only way you punish them is if they are causing trouble.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't have been surprised if they had chosen to bench McDonald. He has very serious accusations against him that absolutely should not be tolerated if true.

With that said, I understand that they're going to let the facts come out before they make their decision.

Does he?

To my knowledge (and maybe I missed something) there are no charges or accusations. All there is is an arrest. To my knowledge, if the police arrive to a situation where separation needs to occur, they "arrest" one of the parties to get said separation. That does not mean one party was wrong and the other was right, just that the responding officers wanted to separate the two parties.

Further, after the statements made this week by both the FO and Harbs, there is no way they would let him play if they thought there was going to be more coming in this story. You know they have talked to McDonald, the other payers present, as well as any contacts they have in the PD. Their conclusion was to let him play. I think a lot if safe assumptions can be made from that action.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does he?

To my knowledge (and maybe I missed something) there are no charges or accusations. All there is is an arrest. To my knowledge, if the police arrive to a situation where separation needs to occur, they "arrest" one of the parties to get said separation. That does not mean one party was wrong and the other was right, just that the responding officers wanted to separate the two parties.

Further, after the statements made this week by both the FO and Harbs, there is no way they would let him play if they thought there was going to be more coming in this story. You know they have talked to McDonald, the other payers present, as well as any contacts they have in the PD. Their conclusion was to let him play. I think a lot if safe assumptions can be made from that action.

"San Francisco 49ers defensive end Ray McDonald was arrested early Sunday morning on felony domestic violence charges."

"McDonald appeared to have an altercation with his fiancee, who showed police bruising on her body."

He was obviously arrested because his fiancee (or someone at the party) accused him of domestic violence. She then showed the cops the bruises that he gave her. I'm not sure if you're just arguing semantics.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does he?

I saw this situation on the TV show COPS several times, LOL. The Cops will get a domestic service call.They will pull interview the parties away from each other and ask them to tell their side of the story. If one claims he/she was attacked, the officer will check the person for visible injury. If they find any visible injury, the person is arrested, or if the person admits he/she attacked the person. I have seen episodes where both had injuries and the officers arrested both or sometimes it is just the female attacking the male.

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Francisco 49ers News ? Niner Insider Blog » Ravens cut Ray Rice: What will the 49ers do?

What the fuck ever happened to INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY?????? From cop shootings to sports stars sexual assault investigations (kap) people are soooo quick to be judge jury and executioner with little to no information about the entire situation. sit the fuck back, shut your fucking mouths and wait for the investigators to do their jobs and find evidence before you pass judgement on someone!!!!!!!!!!