• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

.... McCoy leads a 4Q drive for a Texas win

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want him on the field, or on the team.....how about that? Case McCoy has no business wearing a Texas Uni and seeing the field, period. That's how far we've fallen, where some of our fanbase thinks it's a good thing we have him.

:agree:
Texas used to always have one of the top QBs in CFB.. Simms, VY, Colt -that's over a decade of top notch QB play in CFB. Now Ash is the best you have. I'm not saying Ash is terrible but he is not what we have come to expect from the QB position at Texas.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want him on the field, or on the team.....how about that? Case McCoy has no business wearing a Texas Uni and seeing the field, period. That's how far we've fallen, where some of our fanbase thinks it's a good thing we have him.
-
A&M game was won by the defense. The offense was terrible. Nice scramble, but lets talk about the other 59 minutes of play. He is a limited player. Lets just leave it at that.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:
Texas used to always have one of the top QBs in CFB.. Simms, VY, Colt -that's over a decade of top notch QB play in CFB. Now Ash is the best you have. I'm not saying Ash is terrible but he is not what we have come to expect from the QB position at Texas.
-
Ash is a solid QB. Would have been interesting to see how he developed this yr. He made huge strides from his freshman to sophomore yrs. Unfortunately, I think his career maybe in jeopardy due to concussions. I hope that is not the case.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
A&M game was won by the defense. The offense was terrible. Nice scramble, but lets talk about the other 59 minutes of play. He is a limited player. Lets just leave it at that.

We should have had 4-6 INTs in that game, I hear you.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I'm saying is that he has 0 turnovers all year. If our guys don't drop open passes in first half he has over 300 yards, 3 tds, 0 ints, and a fame winning drive.

Our receivers are dropping balls; our backs are fumbling; our D gave up 500 yards - and Case marched us down the field to win the game. You don't like the guy, fine. But last night is not the performance to criticize, IMO.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta tell ya, his throwing motion is one of the worst I have ever seen.....somebody is going to figure that out and it will be all over for young master McCoy

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta tell ya, his throwing motion is one of the worst I have ever seen.....somebody is going to figure that out and it will be all over for young master McCoy

Dude I don't think he's gods gift to quarterbacks. He's our backup and he's playing his last year of football ever. He's a backup with limited skills. But he has gutted out 3 come from behind wins for us, and he played well last night.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My team is down...seriously down. I get it and have come to grips with it. 9-3 is a huge victory this year, 8-4 more realistic. Texas fans, suck it up, you suck AGAIN. Let's all hope for a better 2014.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
the book is pretty much out of McCoy. OU will surely use the blue print. Ole Miss used it in the second half. I have to believe the OU will be much quicker to flip the game plan than Ole Miss. McCoy does not have the arm strength to throw to the outside on the field side. Defenses simply need to put 8 in the box and press WRs on the outside and make him throw over the defense. Texas OL is not dominant. When Ash plays teams have to respect the deep ball, which helps the OL. That is not the case with Mr McCoy. He has 0 turnovers, but is 5 yards per attempt stat gives you an indication of why.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude I don't think he's gods gift to quarterbacks. He's our backup and he's playing his last year of football ever. He's a backup with limited skills. But he has gutted out 3 come from behind wins for us, and he played well last night.

dude, I never implied you did and I understand most UT fans feel the same way.

I was just pointing out something I guess I hadn't seen before.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I'm saying is that he has 0 turnovers all year. If our guys don't drop open passes in first half he has over 300 yards, 3 tds, 0 ints, and a fame winning drive.

Our receivers are dropping balls; our backs are fumbling; our D gave up 500 yards - and Case marched us down the field to win the game. You don't like the guy, fine. But last night is not the performance to criticize, IMO.

I think you should give the majority of the credit for the "winning" drive to:
1. The Iowa St. DB for mugging the WRs
2. The LB with the face mask to give Texas a free 15 yards
3. The officals (both on the field and in the replay booth) for giving the ball back to Texas

All of them deserve more credit for the final drive than McCoy

BenM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Case is better than Ash. Always has been.

You're full of shit....although Ash isn't much either, McCoy should not have even been recruited. He can't run and he can't throw.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Case is better than Ash. Always has been.

no. Imo. Ash would have thrown for 3 tds last night. Imo.

He's good for an 'off the bench' pinch hitter, relief pitcher, type of play. But when he starts, it just limits the offense too much in a four quarter time frame.

I will say this though: He will ALWAYS have a place in my heart for the win against the Ags.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is this:
Last night, the play calling was horrendous. After Gray's TD run, they quit running and went all pass. With a backup QB who has no arm, and who limits what you can do on offense.
Daje was back, and he had TWO TOUCHES.

Everyone was yelling at Major, including me. I watched Mack's interview immediately after the game on LHN, and he said "we couldnt run, so I called up there (to Major) and said to pass the rest of the game."

In essence, dump the ENTIRE GAMEPLAN. The gameplan was to run, run, and get Swoopes into the game.

It was not Major's fault, is what I discovered. The gameplan had Swoopes AND Overstreet in the same backfield, every three set of downs. MACK DUMPED IT ALL.

Major, in his postgame interview, said he was mad at the play calling, not happy. Mack jumped in and gave some lame story of someone who told him "never pout when you win."

What a load of crap. I've been positive until this year, and I've had it with Mack Brown. He needs to announce it's his last year, turn all the negatives into a positive, and be gone.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah it made no sense to not run the ball. You have 3 better than average backs and an Oline that averages 320lbs vs. Isu defensive line at 265. Dumb.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Major is not responsible for the Texas offense, Mack overrides his decisions. I'm thinking he's "scared to death" that Major will succeed him and is doing everything in his power to keep that from happening. Much like a Greek tragedy you can't stop the future from happening.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today, Saturday 1pm, just heard Ash is OUT for OU.

And, thanks to Mack pulling the gameplan out from under Major, we have to go into that game with McCoy, and that's it.

Hopeless, stupid fail by Mack Brown. Strategic failure. Delusional. Idiocy. Now, Mack, you gonna throw Swoopes and Overstreet out there? Huh, with no experience, in the RRSO? What an epic failure.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no point in burning Swoope's redshirt now. Just sit him.

But Overstreet in the gameplan is a MUST. He and Daje are our playmakers. They have to get touches.

The only chance Mack has of winning this game is going to be on defense. I hope Stoops puts his foot as far up Macks ass as he possibly can so that we KNOW he's fired.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. It just all sucks. I'm gonna try to forget about it all for a while and just enjoy watching some other games.