• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mccarron says he's the best QB in the draft

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I have been hearing/reading, he might end up being a mid 2nd or early 3rd round pick. That's just what I have gathered from what I read this week.

People on this board bash Johnny Football, but will back this kid. Not saying you, but nobody should take him earlier than the 6th. He's not a good QB.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well exactly. He's hardly going to say "I'm shit, don't draft me" lol. I think some GMs like a bit of arrogance.

That's fine. I have no problem with anyone having confidence, but nobody heard Russell Wilson say anything like that & guess what he's a Super Bowl Champion.

McCarron might be the 5th QB taken in the draft, but if he goes in the first two rounds I'll be surprised. He had a lot of talent around him. Just not sure how good he really is.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People on this board bash Johnny Football, but will back this kid. Not saying you, but nobody should take him earlier than the 6th. He's not a good QB.

I don't have an opinion either way on McCarron, but there is definitely a rise in his draft stock at the moment.

Manziel on the other hand, is just college QB hype. On skills alone, he should be drafter no higher than mid 2nd round. The problem is that the NFL is devoid of good QB(s) & just about every team in the top 10 of the draft needs one. So that means he will get drafted earlier than he should by a team willing to take that risk. If Manziel was in a draft before the current salary slot system was in place, he wouldn't even be considered a 1st round QB.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I have been hearing/reading, he might end up being a mid 2nd or early 3rd round pick. That's just what I have gathered from what I read this week.

Which is utter nonsense and my team damn well better not waste a pick on him.

Say what you want about Gabbert, the 49ers got him for a 6th round pick. You can't tell me McCarron has more potential than a veteran like Gabbert.

McCarron is a bust at anything above the 6th round. Period.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Say what you want about Gabbert, the 49ers got him for a 6th round pick. You can't tell me McCarron has more potential than a veteran like Gabbert.

Did you see who the Titans signed? Charlie Whitehurst! I could play QB has good as this guy.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree::nod:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see who the Titans signed? Charlie Whitehurst! I could play QB has good as this guy.

I'm pretty happy with the signing! I think the guy is capable as a solid backup.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's a hell of a lot better tomorrow than the peak of manziel's extremely optimistic upside. :nod:

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SMH. And I argued 4down20 about this last season, as he insisted McCarron is a first rounder. I don't think ANYONE sees anything special about AJ.

He sits behind a massive line, and hands the ball off. He makes simple reads, and throws to wide open WRs on playaction. Teams that have been able to pressure him have beaten him. Not sure why Bama fans think every QB they have is so special. Virtually no SEC teams produce great QBs, especially Bama.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somehow, I think if Bortles, Bridgewater or Johnny Football had played on the Alabama teams AJ did, they might have won a few games too....

I don't now about Bortles or Bridgewater, but Johnny wouldn't have ever cut it at Alabama.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SMH. And I argued 4down20 about this last season, as he insisted McCarron is a first rounder. I don't think ANYONE sees anything special about AJ.

He sits behind a massive line, and hands the ball off. He makes simple reads, and throws to wide open WRs on playaction. Teams that have been able to pressure him have beaten him. Not sure why Bama fans think every QB they have is so special. Virtually no SEC teams produce great QBs, especially Bama.

We thought McElroy was special? Or JPW? And before that it just gets even worse. Really don't know what you are talking about there honestly.

He makes good decisions and has a good arm. He's smart and doesn't create turnovers. Aside from that, what you are saying is generally true of any QB, hense the reason defenses like to get pressure on the other teams QB. Not sure what your point is there either honestly.

And no SEC teams produce great QBs? :L

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't now about Bortles or Bridgewater, but Johnny wouldn't have ever cut it at Alabama.

Just to clarify, this isn't about on the field performance, it's about everything else. I don't think Saban would have put up with him.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford > McCarron

If that doesn't tell you anything, I don't know what will.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A potato has more potential than Gabbert.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We thought McElroy was special? Or JPW? And before that it just gets even worse. Really don't know what you are talking about there honestly.

He makes good decisions and has a good arm. He's smart and doesn't create turnovers. Aside from that, what you are saying is generally true of any QB, hense the reason defenses like to get pressure on the other teams QB. Not sure what your point is there either honestly.

And no SEC teams produce great QBs? :L

Our discussion was whether he was a first round talent. YOU argued he was, and was the top QB in the class. I argued that he has no "wow" factor, he's just a cog in the machine.

So far, more people see it the same way I do than you. AJ is just another guy behind center......that can be easily replaced. He hasn't shown he has that "it" quality, he's just a solid player.

I'm not saying he won't be good.....I'm saying he's nothing special. You felt otherwise, hence why I called you out.