• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL Vampire League

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also,

This may have been said (and may be moot if we don't get the teams)

But 14 teams with 6 playoff spots and a 13 week schedule solves the division/schedule imbalance issue.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also,

But 14 teams with 6 playoff spots and a 13 week schedule solves the division/schedule imbalance issue.
Any league below 14 teams isn't really a real league.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also,

Yeah but I really think 14 is too many because you're going to get into too many roster issues. Since the non-vampire teams can't make waiver moves, then the rosters will have to at least be 16 and probably either 17 or 18, so if it's a 14 team league that would mean 12 teams would be doing the regular draft before the 2 vampires, which even at 16 man rosters is going to be 192 drafted and at 18 man rosters it would be 216 drafted which is going to leave the vampires with significantly less to choose from and I think it would put them at too much of a disadvantage to overcome the first 5 or 6 weeks. Let's try it with 12 and see how it goes and then we can adjust it next year. The two that Matthew Berry did last year were only 10 team leagues. If the vampire teams end up too powerful then there would be room to raise it to 14, but I honestly don't think that's going to happen. I think everybody is really overestimating how good the vampire teams are going to be. I know it causes schedule problems, but I really don't think having the teams that played against them in weeks 1 and 2 play them again is that big of a deal.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but I really think 14 is too many because you're going to get into too many roster issues. Since the non-vampire teams can't make waiver moves, then the rosters will have to at least be 16 and probably either 17 or 18, so if it's a 14 team league that would mean 12 teams would be doing the regular draft before the 2 vampires, which even at 16 man rosters is going to be 192 drafted and at 18 man rosters it would be 216 drafted which is going to leave the vampires with significantly less to choose from and I think it would put them at too much of a disadvantage to overcome the first 5 or 6 weeks. Let's try it with 12 and see how it goes and then we can adjust it next year. The two that Matthew Berry did last year were only 10 team leagues. If the vampire teams end up too powerful then there would be room to raise it to 14, but I honestly don't think that's going to happen. I think everybody is really overestimating how good the vampire teams are going to be. I know it causes schedule problems, but I really don't think having the teams that played against them in weeks 1 and 2 play them again is that big of a deal.

I agree with this. I think someone said this earlier, but it is going to take a few weeks of waiver moves and maybe getting a cheap win to steal someone for the vampire teams to start to field a consistent, competitive team. I think the whole point of this is how quick they do that and will it be too late. If it is, they can still affect the playoffs by stealing star power from a strong team towards the end of the season. Talk about playing the role of a spoiler... they could end up ruining a team during those last couple weeks where teams are fighting for playoff spots and seeding.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, well now it gets interesting because there's going to be a vampire spot opened up. Screw the draft pick order in every league, it will be the most important random selection of all-time. LOL. That also means that we have two more spots open for those interested.

Well, that pushed me off the fence. Count me in...

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, we need 1 more and there will be 1 vamp spot open, which will be selected randomly with TKO getting the other one?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, we need 1 more and there will be 1 vamp spot open, which will be selected randomly with TKO getting the other one?

I got the first one as the winner of KOTF.

Maybe the other champions draw for the other vamp spot?

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got the first one as the winner of KOTF.

Maybe the other champions draw for the other vamp spot?
My bad... I think I mixed up my Ts.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Final list

Okay, so with TKO that is our 12, so this is the teams that will make up the vampire league:

@Bandit
@Stomp
@HaroldSeattle
@obxyankeefan
@Trudem
@MilkSpiller22
@Yellow Fuzzies
@Barilko
@femurov
@bksballer89
@tlance
@TKOSpikes

Choose your team names accordingly. The vampires should go with a name that reflects it and the vampire killers should choose a name that reflects that as well. Of course whoever ends up with the last vampire spot will have to change their name, but that's easy enough to do.

Tlance will be one of the vampires and there will be a random drawing for the other spot. And since I am biased in this thing, I will let @TREFF do the honors of randomly selecting the vampire however he sees fit to do it. I know that @leftypower wanted to be a co-owner on my team and @averagejoe had mentioned being a co-owner and Barilko offered that up. If anybody else wants to add a co-owner let me know. Otherwise I need everybody to PM their email addresses so I can send out all the invites. Looking forward to this as it should be a lot of fun. Once everybody accepts their invites I'll be sending out a few polls to vote on.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Final list

Okay, so with TKO that is our 12, so this is the teams that will make up the vampire league:

@Bandit
@Stomp
@HaroldSeattle
@obxyankeefan
@Trudem
@MilkSpiller22
@Yellow Fuzzies
@Barilko
@femurov
@bksballer89
@tlance
@TKOSpikes

Choose your team names accordingly. The vampires should go with a name that reflects it and the vampire killers should choose a name that reflects that as well. Of course whoever ends up with the last vampire spot will have to change their name, but that's easy enough to do.

Tlance will be one of the vampires and there will be a random drawing for the other spot. And since I am biased in this thing, I will let @TREFF do the honors of randomly selecting the vampire however he sees fit to do it. I know that @leftypower wanted to be a co-owner on my team and @averagejoe had mentioned being a co-owner and Barilko offered that up. If anybody else wants to add a co-owner let me know. Otherwise I need everybody to PM their email addresses so I can send out all the invites. Looking forward to this as it should be a lot of fun. Once everybody accepts their invites I'll be sending out a few polls to vote on.
I suggest someone creating a random draft order 1-11. Before it is announced, 2 (or more) other people get together and agree on a number between 1 and 11. Everyone PMs the info to Bandit. Whoever picks at the spot where the guys picked, they become the other vampire and get removed from the order. The rest fall into place.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll volunteer to randomly select the order. Unless someone wants to do it where everyone gets 2 balls or whatever. But I can just double up the random number generator, if you guys want.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw that Treff will choose the vampire, so maybe he can pick a number between 1 and 11.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When are we planning on doing this draft? Close to the start of the season? Soon?

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When are we planning on doing this draft? Close to the start of the season? Soon?

No it will be right before the season starts. The non-vampire teams need to have as much information as possible since there are no transactions once the season starts.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it will be right before the season starts. The non-vampire teams need to have as much information as possible since there are no transactions once the season starts.
Ok... I was hoping so. It would almost be a suicide league if we did it early.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay so I received email information from TKO, Barilko, Joe, Femurov, OBX, and Fuzzy and I just sent their invites out. I still need to get email addresses from:

@tlance
@HaroldSeattle
@Trudem
@MilkSpiller22
@bksballer89
@Stomp

Harold I have a couple of different ones for you so I just need to know which one you want me to use.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alrighty then so I got four of them quickly, down to @tlance and @Stomp

All invites have been sent to everybody else.