• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL Official Thread

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, did you send a counter? Didn't have a chance to check. you could just PM it to me..........can't check my team from work...........the bastards have it blocked...........but I can come in here anytime. Makes sense right?
Sam

I did, but just pulled it off...didn't think you'd go for it. But if any of those guys interest you, lemme know.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not too shabby for a team that pretty much everyone, including myself, thought was utter trash after the draft. Still work to be done though.

Speaking of that, looks like McCann will be back early next week..anyone wishing to take a flier on Buck and not risk the waiver wire, he'll come exceptionally cheap! MI or SP.

Yeah, I think you've done a pretty damn good job with that team...and the early reports on McCann are that he's lookin' REAL good.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think you've done a pretty damn good job with that team...and the early reports on McCann are that he's lookin' REAL good.

well, smoking 2 dingers off of a low A ball pitcher is nice, just hope the canyon that his BA fell into last year was entirely the shoulder issue..fingers crossed!

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on the road without any numbers in front of me, so I could be completely wrong.....

I'd say McCann is one of those guys that, unfairly or not, when it's all said and done I'll be disappointed in his numbers. Not that he hasn't been good, but I think he should have had am mvp season in there somewhere. I'm cheering for him. He's still young enough, I just think his ship has sailed as far as being anywhere near what I expected. And, that doesn't bum me out with many guys, but it kinda does with him.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get where you're coming from Philabuster, but in all fairness, there's only been five catchers since the current MVP award was created to have won it (Cochran, Berra, Howard, Munson and Maurer) and only Maurer's fluke 2009 is in somewhat recent memory.
Perennially .280-ish or higher, and 20+ might not be eye popping, but, from a fantasy perspective, I'll take it all day long. Last year notwithstanding of course, he's sustained a well above average output at catcher for quite some time.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perennially .280-ish or higher, and 20+ might not be eye popping, but, from a fantasy perspective, I'll take it all day long.

Yeah. Sally P. ends up with numbers like that, i'll be happier than a slinky on an escalator. :yahoo:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 5 Preview:

Short term trends are starting to normalize a little bit and the roto standings will start to be a little more indicative of future results. Here is what to look for in week 5:

TKO vs. Grand- Grand 5, TKO 4

If they played last week, Grand Salami would have won 6-4

Pitching- The Salamis have 9 starts to TKO's 8 and each team has 3 closers. The Salamis have an edge in K's with both Scherzer and Wainwright going twice. The rest of the pitching categories figure to be a crapshoot. Somewhat risky two-starters Teheran for the Salamis and Straily for TKO could determine the outcome of ERA and WHIP.

Hitting- TKO has a definite edge in steals and BA, while the salamis should get HRs. RBIs and runs should be close and could hinge on exactly when Aramis Ramirez makes his return for TKO and how productive he is.

WHIP vs. DUB- WHIP 6, DUB 3

If they played last week, WHIP would have won 7-2.

Pitching- WHIP has the edge in all 5 pitching categories with 2 more starts, more reliable closers and Yu Darvish.

Hitting- WHIP made a number of interesting coaching decisions on the offensive side in an effort to match up with DUB. Dub still has the edge in steals, runs and BA, but the gamble by WHIP could turn this into a 5-5 tie or a 9-1 type blowout.

Wolf vs. Soggy- Soggy 6, Wolfpack 4

If they played last week, Wolfpack would have won 8-2. It was a bad week for the soggy ones.

Pitching- Death, taxes, and the Wolfpack winning K's are 3 things you can count on in life. Not so fast though, friends. The Soggy ones have 2 more starts and some high end arms. They have a significant edge in all pitching cats except wins.

Hitting- The pack should redeem themselves with wins in HRs, runs and RBI, but with Soggy getting the edge in steals, it likely won't be enough to win this week. Sorry Jim, the unlucky slide continues.

Fuzzy vs. Sarnia- Fuzzy 5, Sarnia 4

If they played last week, Sarnia would have won 6-2.

Pitching- Fuzzy should get wins and Ks with 3 more starts than the Tigers, but Sarnia has the edge in K's, ERA and WHIP, although with such a small sample (5 starts) 1 bad turn could reverse that edge in a hurry.

Hitting- Fuzzy should get RBI and BA, but the rest of the hitting cats are too close to call. Should be a great match-up.

Big League vs. D Dude- Big League 4, D Dude 4

Pitching- This match-up is obnoxiously close. Both teams have 7 starts and 3 closers. The only advantage on the pitching side is in Ks. That edge goes to D Dude.

Hitting- Big League has the edge in SBs, and D Dude should win RBI and BA. HRs and runs are too close to call.

With 6 swing cats, this one could come down to the final game on Sunday.

Sportsboys vs. Fudpuckers- Fud 8, Sportsboys 2

Pitching- The boys are sure to get the saves cat, but every other edge goes to Fud with 4 more starts.

Hitting- The return of Cespedes is nice, but it unfortunately corresponds with minor injuries to Tulo and Lowrie. The boys may struggle until they get healthy. BA and RBIs should be close, but Fud has the edge in HR, R, and SBs.

Good luck to all.

Last edited by a moderator:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get where you're coming from Philabuster, but in all fairness, there's only been five catchers since the current MVP award was created to have won it (Cochran, Berra, Howard, Munson and Maurer) and only Maurer's fluke 2009 is in somewhat recent memory.

oops forgot NL..so add Posey, Bench, Campanella, and 2 other old timers I've never heard of. So ten total out of 82 yeas and two leagues worth of catchets

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wolf vs. Soggy- Soggy 6, Wolfpack 4. If they played last week, Wolfpack would have won 8-2.

This seems to be a growing trend for me, I play a team one week to late. Can a brother buy a win here?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This seems to be a growing trend for me, I play a team one week to late. Can a brother buy a win here?

Hopefully, no. BTW, I notice you've punted saves in a big way...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why you guys think I have the edge in steals all the time! I'm 1-3 so far in that category. Yeah, it might look like it, but it's not the case.... unfortunately. Bourjos pulled up lame last night too (good thing I left him on my bench), so I'm even losing potential stolen bases.

I'll blame Pettitte's loss on Romine. Straily? Didn't think the Angels were awake yet, so I went with the spot start.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, nothing like having 4 players in a 19 inning game and have them bat, ohh, 30+ times and get like 3 hits...........Hamilton's 0-8 gonna be hard to come back from.......at least Kendrick got a hit. Son of a bitch!
Sam

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bourjos hits the DL. Poor guy, finally gets a chance and hurts his biggest asset, his legs. On that note, I have to laugh at all the write-ups on him, saying "too bad for Bourjos, as he was thriving in the lead off role." ??!!?? Thriving? Sure he pieced together a few hits, but he has 1 stolen base... 1. If anyone drafted him for average, I'd want what they were smoking, but since his legs are the only thing that makes him relevant, I would say he wasn't thriving at all, just lucky on a few singles and doing absolutely nothing on the base pads!!! Something a thriving lead off hitter should be doing.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really interesting article about Ryan Dempster on Fangraphs. Usually I like a little humor/pizazz thrown in when i'm reading fantasy stuff, but more and more i'm enjoying this site. Good stuff on Josh Hamilton, too.

Ram Tough

You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow Giancarlo is killing me!!!! Finally when his bat was starting to heat up he pulls a Hammy which with my luck will bother him all year ( just think of Kemp last year)

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's the first to take a shot with Delmon Young?