• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL Official Thread

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Davis

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FOR NEXT SEASON:
(for all H2H categories leagues)

I think we need to fix the pitching categories, i dont think they really work well... I think the best pitching categories would be
1. Wins + saves
2. Innings
3. k/9
4. ERA
5. WHIP
and there should be no innings limit...

Before you knock this idea just think about it...

The problems with the way most H2H category pitching is that we copy rotisserie... the rotisserie categories do not work in the short term... Look at all the day leagues they dont even do saves or BA/OBP... Weekly stat categories should be treated differently...

Wins, and Ks are exclusively won by the teams who start the most pitchers
Saves is too unpredictable because it has no basis into talent, it is all about opportunities, you can start so many closers and not get even one save, and it wouldnt be because the player had a bad week... You just should not be penalized for a team not giving your pitcher opportunities...

*Note* i can not start my own threads, so i am putting this post here, i am not trying to offend anyone here with this post, i am just observing a problem that many people just dont want to see...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FOR NEXT SEASON:

I think we need to fix the pitching categories, i dont think they really work well... I think the best pitching categories would be
1. Wins + saves
2. Innings
3. k/9
4. ERA
5. WHIP

The problems with the way most H2H category pitching is that we copy rotisserie... the rotisserie categories do not work in the short term... Look at all the day leagues they dont even do saves or BA/OBP... Weekly stat categories should be treated differently...

Saves is too unpredictable because it has no basis into talent, it is all about opportunities, you can start so many closers and not get even one save, and it wouldnt be because the player had a bad week... You just should not be penalized for a team not giving your pitcher opportunities...

*Note* i can not start my own threads, so i am putting this post here, i am not trying to offend anyone here with this post, i am just observing a problem that many people just dont want to see...

Innings is the most pointless category ever, and combining wins and saves does not make sense.

saves + holds and quality starts instead of wins would make lots of sense though.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Innings is the most pointless category ever, and combining wins and saves does not make sense.

saves + holds and quality starts instead of wins would make lots of sense though.

Agreed. I will vote for quality starts again, still 50-50 on saves and holds, but I'm getting used to it in Rev's league, I guess.

It's early and I'm just starting my coffee. How exactly does wins and saves work?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any guesses???????????

I have it on good authority that Kluber and Trout are on the list and will be expelled from baseball forever. I think you should trade them for whatever you can get right now. Being the altruistic person that I am, I might be able to throw you something...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have it on good authority that Kluber and Trout are on the list and will be expelled from baseball forever. I think you should trade them for whatever you can get right now. Being the altruistic person that I am, I might be able to throw you something...

:lol:

I am thinking Tiger Woods might be on this list. Will Selig try to suspend him too?

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good thinking Chef. Actually, I hear the only guys on my team that are good are Montero, Smyly and Simon where your team is all a bunch of roid heads.........since it's obvious my team will miss the playoffs for sure now, I am willing to take Lucroy, Desmond and the king of the roids Bummy for these 3......I'll even throw in Posey as it has been talked about in secret circles that even though he is named, Buddy Bud and his Merry Band of Assholes are gonna cover for him as they like him so much and he is so good for the game. So there you have it. Posey, Montero, Smyly and Simon for Bummy, Lucroy and Desmond. I'll have my lawyer draw up the papers and good luck on your quest for the playoffs!

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Innings is the absolute worst category you can have. First of all, you don't automatically win Wins and K's if you have more starts....but how do you not like those cats, and want IP instead? That requires much less talent. Also, if you have say, 12 starts, you're risking ERA and WHIP at the same time of having an advantage at W and K.

Saves are a fickle and trying to combine them with something else doesn't change what they are.

Weekly cat leagues (H2H) will always be tricky to master...that's why points leagues rule (IMO). Still, saves are still what they are. There are ways to kind of be strategic with them, whether it's a tough schedule thst week, or they had a big workload the weekend prior.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thinking Chef. Actually, I hear the only guys on my team that are good are Montero, Smyly and Simon where your team is all a bunch of roid heads.........since it's obvious my team will miss the playoffs for sure now, I am willing to take Lucroy, Desmond and the king of the roids Bummy for these 3......I'll even throw in Posey as it has been talked about in secret circles that even though he is named, Buddy Bud and his Merry Band of Assholes are gonna cover for him as they like him so much and he is so good for the game. So there you have it. Posey, Montero, Smyly and Simon for Bummy, Lucroy and Desmond. I'll have my lawyer draw up the papers and good luck on your quest for the playoffs!

I am getting a strong sense of deja vu here...:rollseyes:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, about this other thing: I kinda like the idea of saves and holds as separate categories.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Chef. I think if we change, we should ADD categories. Not rearrange them. 5x5 just ain't enough.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks for responding guys... If one can can you make this a thread... I really think it is worth a debate...

Whether my proposal is best or not is not really the point though, I just think that copying the rotisserie stats for weekly competition is not the way to go since rotisserie is built for the long run... Weekly stats should have minimal other influences than just How the individual started player does...

But each stat I put on I put on for a reason

There really is no way to keep the importance of a closer/RP without keeping saves, but to keep it as its own category is just strategically frustrating, so by combining it with wins keeps the importance but adds the strategy. **NOTE** I would be ok changing wins to QS(but prefer Wins here since RP can get wins and not QS) and I would be ok adding Holds as well(although I think this might make RP too important)

the reason changing strikeouts to K/9- lessens the importance of the 2 start pithcers, and increases the importance of a RP.

the reason I added innings- I know it is a Non talent stat but it weakens the importance I gave to the RP and makes it harder to win 3 of the 5 categories...

Again, I am not saying my categories are the way to go, I am just giving an alternative that makes more sense to me than the traditional...

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FOR NEXT SEASON:

1. Wins + saves
2. Innings
3. k/9
4. ERA
5. WHIP

Just one word. . Repeatedly. ..
No no no no no no

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did someone forget to tell Matt Williams that part of being a major league manager is having good people skills? :pound:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Innings? W+S's? Maybe we should reinvent the wheel while we're at it.

I'm all for tweaks to improve the league, but that's just. ..no.

Treff, like I said I don't know if that would be the best categories, but it is clear to me than the traditional rotisserie categories do not work in h2h. If you look at daily leagues they don't do any ratio stats and they don't do saves. Why?? Because it just doesn't work for their format.