• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL Official Thread

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might have made the worst one week pick up ever. Pestano 15.00 era and 3k......
Looks like my gut instinct on Perez was right though. But, who knew Pestano would be worse though? Geesh

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need words of encouragement for my money league.

My pitching staff is...

Kershaw
Sabathia
Bumgarner
Cain
Nolasco/Gausman/Wacha

...not bad right? Wrong! My impatient ass needs a lesson in the "long season".. anyone have a story to reflect a waiting situation?

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to the weekly Re-Crap for week 8. Each week I will recap the weeks matchups and update the current standings for the masses. Not much more to say so let’s get to it.

If it wasn’t for 2 Sunday night strikeouts by Bobby Parnell, every score would have ended either 6-4 or 7-3.

YellowFuzzy 7 – WolfPack 3 (predicted score: WolfPack 4 - YellowFuzzy 4)
Pitching went as expected as The Pack took wins & K’s. They also took ERA, but despite a respectable WHIP, that point went to Fuzzy along with saves. As for hitting Tlance said a couple injuries to key players could end up being the difference, but that prediction should have been for the Pack. Granderson & Middlebrooks went down leaving the wolves 2 men down and a couple points short in a few categories allowing Fuzzy to sweep the hitting.

Grand Salami 7 – Sportsboys 3 (predicted Score: The Grand Salami 5 – Sportsboys 4)
The Grand one chose to punt wins and K’s, but the pitching gods were on their side. The Salami’s took wins column anyway along with saves, ERA & WHIP. The Sportsboys starters were able to secure K’s for their only pitching point. On the hitting side the Grand One took stolen bases as predicted along with batting average and RBI’s which were both close. The Sportsboys powered out the HR column and scored more runs, but the letdown in pitching left them wanting.

DUB 7 – Big League Chew 3 (predicted Score: DUB 5 – Big League Chew 4)
All the pitching categories in this one were swept by DUB, but it was close. Wins and saves were separated by one, and WHIP was only a few points behind. Hitting was just as close. Big league took RBI’s & Runs, and squeezed out a close batting average duel. DUB was able to take SB’s and home runs by 1. Overall this was the closest contest of the week.

TKOut 6 – SoggyBottomBoys 4 (predicted score: Soggy Bottom Boyz 6 – TKOut 4)
Right Score, Wrong teams. Odorizzi’s second start was pushed to Monday. As a result the Boys lost K’s by 1 along with saves which they had little chance at. The Boys did manage to easily take ERA & WHIP along with Wins for a 3-2 split. For hitting the Boys were able to run away with stolen bases, but came up a little short everywhere else. TKO took batting average & runs, and they easily took home runs but there were a lot of solo shots. As a result they just eeked out the RBI column by 1 which was the difference between a win and a tie.

Fudpuckers 5 – WHIP out your FIP 4 (predicted score: Right on the Money)
Pitching wasn’t pretty here, but Fud had the best of the worst in this one. FIP had 1 win & 1 save, but that was enough to win both categories. A 4.29 ERA and a 1.43 WHIP were also good enough to win both columns here as well. Fudpuckers had the lead in K’s, but 2 K’s by Parnell Sunday night turned a win in K’s into a tie. With the exception of a close score in RBI’s, the Fudpuckers managed to easily take all the hitting categories along with the win.
*Game note: David Ortiz stole 2 bases this week and is on pace to shatter his SB record of 3 set in 2007.

Sarnia Tigers 6 – D Dude’s Dodgers 4 (predicted Score: D Dude’s Dodgers 4 – Sarnia Tigers 4)
The battle of the pitching staff went to The Tigers as they took ERA & WHIP as expected, and surprisingly took saves as well. The Dodgers pitchers had some better bats behind them allowing them to take wins along with the strikeout category. As for hitting the Dodgers batted close to .300 this week and ran every chance they got giving them BA & SB’s. Even though the Tigers batting average was lacking, they made the most of every AB and took home runs, RBI’s and runs. This might have turned out different had Plouffe & Utley not gone down as all three of those categories were in striking distance.

All teams will meet again for a rematch in week 19

So after 8 weeks, the stands are as follows:

1 Sarnia Tigers (Philabuster5) 47-30-3
2 WHIP out your FIP (Varrys) 44-32-4
3 The Grand Salami (Tlance) 43-31-6
4 Fudpuckers (TREFF) 43-34-3
5 DUB (DUB aka Cheese) 41-36-3
6 Soggy Bottom Boys (Chef99) 37-34-9
10 TKOut (TKOSpikes) 32-47-1
11 WolfPack (Reverend Jim) 29-44-7
12 Big League Chew (RamTuff08) 29-47-4

Tomorrow I will post the updated Roto Standings for the league once the H2H scores are updated.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freddie Freeman had bad wOBA tonight. :gaah:

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to paraphrase the great Bob Ueker..
"not one win? We couldn't get one god damned win?"

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are the updated Roto rankings after 8 weeks (h2h ranking in parenthesis).

1st (6) Soggy Bottom Boys...84.5
2nd (7) Yellow Fuzzy...........84.5
3rd (11) WolfPack...............76
4th (1) Sarnia Tigers...........73.5
5th (10) TKOut...................70
6th (4) FudPuckers..............66.5
7th (5) DUB.......................60
8th (2) The Grand Salami.....59
9th (3) WHIP out your FIP....58
10th (8) D Dude's Dodgers...56
11th (9) The Sportsboys......51
12th (12) Big League Chew..32

Last edited by a moderator:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is amazing that none of the teams at the top of the roto standings are in the top 5 of the head to head standings. Crazy times.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 9 Preview- Memorial Day Edition

Thanks to the Holiday, I am able to get this in early. Enjoy all the day games today!

Game of the week:

Sarnia Tigers vs. Fudpuckers- Sarnia 5, Fud 4

This match-up features the 1st place Tigers against the 4th place Fudpuckers. These teams match-up well with eachother despite having clear advantages in one category or another.

If they played last week, Fud would have won 5-4.

Pitching- Sarnia should continue to dominate ERA and WHIP despite taking chances on a couple young arms this week. He will also win the save category since Fud has 0 closers. Wins and K's will be close. Fud has 3 more starts, but Sarnia's pitchers are better.

Hitting- Fud enjoys a clear edge in HRs, SB and BA. Runs and RBI could determine the evnetual outcome of this match. Look for this one to be tightly contested.

Grand Salami vs. Dude- Salami 4, Dude 4

If they played last week, the Salamis would have won 6-3

Pitching- The Salamis are coming off their best pitching week of the season and have 2 starts each for Wainwright, Harvey and Wilson. They have 1 more start than the Dudes despite moronically leaving an open pitching spot in their line-up. As is, the Salamis have the edge in ERA and WHIP. Wins, Saves and Ks could go either way. The Dudes have 0 2 start pitchers this week.

Hitting- The Salamis have the edge in HRs and the Dudes have the edge in steals as Trout and McClouth continue to pace them. All other cats will be very close.

WHIP vs. TKO- TKO 6, WHIP 3

If they played last week, TKO would have won 9-0

Pitching- With 2 more starts and more consistent closer options, TKO has the edge in ERA, WHIP and Saves. K's and wins could go either way because Darvish has 2 starts. He could single handedly decide the K category.

Hitting- WHIP has the edge in runs, but the other 4 hitting categories will be very close. Whoever has the hot bats may win this match-up.

Dub vs. Sportsboys- Dub 5, Sportsboys 5

If they played last week, Dub would have won 6-4.

Pitching- The Boys pitching staff really struggled last week. The addition of Iwakuma and the return of Weaver could change things quite a bit. Dub will win saves, as the Boys roll without any RPs. The Boys have the edge in wins and Ks due to 5 extra starts. ERA and WHIP should go to Dub, but the new additions will make those cats more interesting.

Hitting- Hitting would normally favor Dub a little more, but since he has a minor leaguer and a hurt guy in his line-up, the Boys gain the edge in runs, RBI and HR. Dub should still get SBs, and BA could go either way.

Wolf Pack vs. Big League Chew- Wolf 6, Chew 4

If they played last week, the Pack would have won 6-3

Pitching- The Pack has a wopping 14 starts this week against Chew's 9. The Pack has a couple dicey 2 start options this week that may hurt the ERA and WHIP. The Pack should still win wins and Ks with the extra start. Big League has the edge in saves, ERA and WHIP.

Hitting- The Pack is favored to win runs, HRs and RBI. SBs and BA are too close to call.

Soggy Bottom Boys vs. Yellow Fuzzy- Fuzzy 5, Boys 4

If they played last week, Soggy would have won 7-2

The Boys were extremely unlucky to run into the TKO buzz saw last week. They would have beat every other team in the league last week.

Pitching- Soggy has 1 extra start (maybe), but has some question marks with Verlander struggling, Liriano facing 2 good offenses and Michael Wacha probably, but not definitely getting the start. Both sides have 2 closers, but Fuzzy has the edge in saves as his guys have been more reliable. All the other pitching cats will depend on how the Soggy ones throw this week.

Hitting- Fuzzy has the edge in RBI and BA, while the Boys have an advantage in HR and SB. Runs could go either way.

Good luck to all, and enjoy your Memorial day!

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the recap and preview as always Rev and Tlance.
Things are getting interesting now as season, remarkably, approaches the 1/3 mark.

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have the moral fortitude to go back to the Indians' closer well.
Even when I'm right I'm wrong!
That's a team I just HATE! I can't remember anything good coming from that team post-Kenny Lofton

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have the moral fortitude to go back to the Indians' closer well.
Even when I'm right I'm wrong!
That's a team I just HATE! I can't remember anything good coming from that team post-Kenny Lofton

Even though i'm stuck with Heath Bell, i'm staying away from that one. Kinda funny how Pestano's been the "can't miss" guy and now nobody wants to touch him.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bailed on my Ubaldo vs Leake match up. Figured both teams were hot in the hitting category lately and didn't want to watch them both not getting to the 6th... looks like a bad mistake so far after 3 innings.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What will be worse though, is if the Mets light up Hughes and a date with the Red Sox to follow.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, my Liriano play isn't lookin' too good this week. :gaah:

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though i'm stuck with Heath Bell, i'm staying away from that one. Kinda funny how Pestano's been the "can't miss" guy and now nobody wants to touch him.

I considered Pestano today but went with K-Rod for a 2+ week rental. I may change my mind as I've picked up and dropped Jose Veras 3 times before I added him again today.

Now that I've traded away my top 2 pitchers I might as well give this closer thing a shot, until tomorrow when I drop them for pitchers again.
I just can't make up my mind.:what:

Last edited by a moderator:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What will be worse though, is if the Mets light up Hughes and a date with the Red Sox to follow.

Damn, Hughes looked pretty good against the Mets tonight. Is this an odd or even week?

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Fuzzy is the winner of the Pestano lottery.

I figured, what the hell. I can sit on him and use him as fourth closer in some weeks if he pans out.