• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL Official Thread

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Price

I was at the Rockies game yesterday. Price did not look good. Arenando on the other hand is starting to look like the real deal.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
funk

Been in a funk lately with my MBBRL team. Looking for a change with McCutchen joining the squad!!!

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too Fuzzy! Just vice versa! Good luck.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A random note about CBS...

Late injury for Hanley on Friday (yes, I know you're aware Rev!), but the owner who has him in my money league lives in Alberta. He unfortunately did not make the lineup deadline (which is 1:00pm est on Saturday), as he was working backshift the night before and went to bed around 10:00am est. Anyway, the note on Hanley read "could" land on the DL, with no red cross by his name!! He didn't see the game, nor bothered to read the plain yellow note, so Hanley is locked in his lineup this week!

Good job CBS, every blurb on the internet said no question for a DL stint...not to mention anyone working at CBS should be watching the game/highlights and update accordingly... not every league begins on a Monday.

... and I still hate the home page, and they still haven't updated the "message board archive", so some of the not-so-internet-friendly owners we have have trouble reaching out or responding.... terrible.

Just a pat on the back for us who left a site worried more about appearance than information quality.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I've got about two-three weeks to figure out who to dump once Garza and Grienke come back..anyone wishing to take a flier onJJ hardy, John Buck, Doc Halladay, or anyone else for that matter..inquire within. 2B and SP remain the areas of need.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TKO,

Sorry man. You picked the wrong week to face me. Not sure where all that production came from, but I needed it.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, with every at bat, Arenado is making me dreadfully depressed, not only did I drop him in this league, but in my money league! FAWK!

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to the weekly Re-Crap for week 5. Just a quick one this week as I'm short on time and want to get this up before the week 6 preview.
Not much more to say so lets get to it.

The Grand Salami 9 – TKOut 1 (predicted score: Grand Salmai 5 – TKOut 4)
What should have been a close match turned into a blowout. The Grand one decisively took all 5 hitting categories. TKO took WHIP with a 1.40 which should tell you how pretty this pitching matchup was. The Grand one took the remaining 4 points and moved them into the top 6.

WHIP out your FIP 7 – DUB 3 (predicted Score: WHIP out your FIP 6 – DUB 3)
This one went down almost as predicted. Pitching should have been all WHIP’s, and it basically was as they took 3 points here and missed making it 4 by a fraction of a point in WHIP. Hitting was close as WHIP took runs & SB’s by one in addition to HR’s & RBI’s. DUB put up a pretty batting average for the remaining point. With the win Whip out your FIP moves into first place.

Soggy Bottom Boyz 7 – WolfPack 1 (predicted Score: Soggy Bottom Boys 6 – WolfPack 4)
The Boyz took 3 of 5 in pitching, as the Pack could only take WHIP thanks in part to David Price. Somehow The Pack managed a tie in saves dispite not having a closer. The Pack had a good offensive week, but the Boyz were on fire this week and took 4 of 5 leaving a tie in the SB category.

Sarnia Tigers 7 – YellowFuzzy 3 (predicted score: YellowFuzzy 5 – Sarnia Tigers 4)
For the second week in a row Sarnia has won 7-3. Fuzzy took wins with their extra starters, but The Tigers were a step better and took the remaining 4 points. Hitting was close with several categories that could have gone either way. Fuzzy took stolen bases and eeked out runs while the Tigers took HR’s, RBI’s & BA by a few points.

D Dude’s Dodgers 5 – Big League Chew 4 (predicted score: D Dude’s Dodgers 4 – Big League Chew 4)
Another Trend as Big D wins 5-4 for the second week in a row. When The Dude’s came to bat they only hit with runners on, enabling them to take HR’s, RBI’s & Runs. But if nobody was on they didn’t hit so Big league took BA. Pitching wise Big league took wins, K’s by 1 and ERA by a few points. Saves & WHIP went easily to Triple D.

Fudpuckers 5 – Sportsboys 5 (predicted Score: Fudpuckers 8 – Big Sportsboys 2)
Fud took BA & SB, but came up a couple short on the other 3 categories. Sportsboys took ERA and earned the only save between the two teams but just like Fud with hitting, came up a little short in the remaining categories.

All teams will meet again for a rematch in week 16

So after 5 weeks, the stands are as follows:

1 WHIP out your FIP (Varrys) 30-17-3
2 Soggy Bottom Boys (Chef99) 25-16-9
3 DUB (DUB aka Cheese) 27-20-3
4 Fudpuckers (TREFF) 27-21-2
5 D Dude's Dodgers (bigdmgr) 24-20-6
6 The Grand Salami (Tlance) 25-22-3
10 Big League Chew (RamTuff08) 20-27-3
11 TKOut (TKOSpikes) 17-33
12 WolfPack (Reverend Jim) 13-31-6

Good Luck to everyone in this week’s matchups. :suds:

Last edited by a moderator:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 6 Preview:

Again, I was not able to get this posted before the early games started, but the analysis was all done beforehand. 5 more weeks and I will be able to post earlier on Mondays.

Grand Salami vs. YellowFuzzy- Grand 6, Fuzzy 4

If they played last week, Grand would have won 6-4, but with each team making major trades, they look a lot different.

Pitching- Both teams have 8 starts, but the Salamis have 1 more closer. The Salamis have the edge in saves and Ks. Wins, ERA and WHIP could go either way, but the Salamis appear to have a have the edge in ERA and WHIP now that Cain and Sale have moved on.

Hitting- Everything looks pretty close here, but the Salamis have a slight edge in HRs and Fuzzy is favored in BA, RBI and runs. The new looks for both teams make this one very interesting.

Big League Chew vs. Sarnia Tigers- Sarnia 5, Big League 4

If they played last week, Sarnia would have won 7-3.

Pitching- Sarnia has the edge in Ks, ERA and WHIP, while Big league has the edge in saves.

Hitting- Big league has a clear advantage in SBs, but the other 4 categories should be very close. Whichever team's bats get hot will win this match-up.

Dub vs. TKOut- Dub 5, TKO 3-

If they played last week, Dub would have won 8-1. It was a very bad week for TKO.

Pitching- TKO hopes the additions of Cain and Sale can bolster his pitching staff. With each team having 7 starts and 3 closers, things look really tight. Dub should have a slight edge in Ks, but the other 4 categories can go either way.

Hitting- It will be interesting to see if any bats can step up for TKO after losing Cutch. Dub should have the edge in runs and SBs. Everything else is crazy close.

Sportsboys vs. D dude- D dude 6, Sportsboys 4

If they played last week, the dude would have won 7-2.

Pitching- The Boys will ride their 11 starts to wins in the win and K categories. Conversely, the dudes have the edge in Saves, and most certainly ERA and WHIP with the Sportsboys bravely using 2 starts at Coors Field.

Hitting- Big D has a clear edge in steals, but everything else will be very close. Year to date standings have these teams side by side in the other 4 cats.

Wolfpack vs. WHIp my FIP- Wolf 5, WHIP 5

If they played last week, WHIP would have won 8-2

Pitching- The Pack has 11 starts and should easily take the wins and K categories. WHIP my FIP will likely win saves (nothing guaranteed after last week's unexpected tie). ERA and WHIP are too close to call.

Hitting- WHIP has the edge in BA, RBI and SB. The Pack has an edge in HR and Runs. Truthfully though, the difference between these two teams offensively is negligible. Either team is capable of a 5-0 sweep here.

Soggy Bottom Boyz vs. Fudpuckers- Soggy 6, Fud 4

If they played last week, Soggy would have won 8-0

Pitching- Soggy has 1 less ace than they did last week, but still have the edge in saves, ERA and WHIP. Fud should get wins and K's with 4 extra starts, but don't be surprised if these categories end up being pretty close.

Hitting- Soggy adds Braun to the mix after an utterly ridiculous week. He has the edge in steals and RBI, but the other cats will be very close. The Soggy Bottoms are looking pretty tough to beat right now.

Best of luck to all.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitching- The Boys will ride their 11 starts to wins in the win and K categories. Conversely, the dudes have the edge in Saves, and most certainly ERA and WHIP with the Sportsboys bravely using 2 starts at Coors Field.
Have to start Kuroda..............maybe he'll throw a 2 hitter and give up two solo shots to Tulo..................that would work.
Sam

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to start Kuroda..............maybe he'll throw a 2 hitter and give up two solo shots to Tulo..................that would work.
Sam

Can he give up a solo shot to Arenado too, but still get the complete game win? I have Tulo and Arenado in my $ league.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally! I'm not the SB projected winner, maybe a sliver lining for me! Sale starts me off nicely, but the Chi-Sox can't hit yet.

Time for Rollins to wake up... or he's the next to go! Any interest, inquire within.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally! I'm not the SB projected winner, maybe a sliver lining for me! Sale starts me off nicely, but the Chi-Sox can't hit yet.

Time for Rollins to wake up... or he's the next to go! Any interest, inquire within.

In the end, it was the Royals bullpen that could not pitch.......

Toe may toe

Toe maa toe.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wagon Circling Master

Not old enough to remember much of the t.v show, but plenty old to remember The Blues Brothers.

Rolling, rolling, rolling

Rawhide

Roiling, rolling, rolling
Though the streams are swollen
Keep them doggies rolling
Rawhide

Rain and wind and weather
Hell bent for leather
Wishing my gal was by my side

All the things I'm missin'
Good vittels, lovin', kissin'
Are waiting at the end of my ride

Move 'em on, head' em up
Head 'em up, move' em on
Move 'em on, head' em up
Rawhide

Cut 'em out, ride 'em in
Ride 'em in, cut 'em out
Call 'em out, ride 'em in
Rawhide

Keep moving, moving, moving
Though they're disapproving
Keep them doggies moving
Rawhide

Don't try to understand 'em
Just rope, throw and brand 'em
Soon we'll be living high and wide

My heart calculatin'
My true love will be waitin'
Be waiting at the end of my ride
Move 'em on, head' em up
Head 'em up, move' em on
Move 'em on, head' em up
Rawhide

Cut 'em out, ride 'em in
Ride 'em in, cut 'em out
Rawhide

Move 'em on, head' em up
Head 'em up, move' em on
Move 'em on, head' em up
Rawhide

Cut 'em out, ride 'em in
Ride 'em in, cut 'em out
Rawhide

Rawhide

Rawhide

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm...why is it that whenever you drop a guy he goes off on a hitting frenzy? Melky seems to be doing his best to prove me wrong. :think:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm...why is it that whenever you drop a guy he goes off on a hitting frenzy? Melky seems to be doing his best to prove me wrong. :think:

...and I thought I was the only guy dealing with this curse.....

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DUB drops J.Montero.

I've been struggling with this in 2 leagues.
Mostly because I'm so heavily invested in him that I can't bear the thought of cutting such a big loss. I can't think of a player I'm more pissed off about :)

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this happens to everybody. I dropped Gyorko in this league, he has since hit 3 bombs.

Interestingly enough, I was on the verge of dropping him in my money league too. I told a friend I would give him until the end of the Cubs series. If he did not hit a HR, I was moving on and grabbing the best availble 2B. He hit a bomb in the last game of the series and the rest is history.

When will I decide to drop my other struggling upside player, Ike Davis?

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dropped Gyorko week 3 in my keeper league. At the time he had little chance of being kept and with Altuve at 2nd & Lawrie/Frazier at 3rd I figured he was expendable. I'll only regret it if Lawrie & Frazier both suck all year.

DUB drops J.Montero.
I've been struggling with this in 2 leagues. Mostly because I'm so heavily invested in him that I can't bear the thought of cutting such a big loss. I can't think of a player I'm more pissed off about :)

I can't blame DUB considering it's a redraft league. Tough having him in a keeper league, and tougher having him in a league as deep as yours. The big thing to consider with Montero is, is he going to stick at the catcher position. If he's not, he takes a big hit in value and becomes just another guy.

Any chance you can find a Montero lover to trade him to?

When will I decide to drop my other struggling upside player, Ike Davis?
I cut Davis last year after 2 months of crap, and kicked myself the entire second half.

Last edited by a moderator: