• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL dynasty main page

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I emailed Fantrax support because there's a player I wanted to draft that's apparently not in our player pool due to being locked. Can @MilkSpiller22 unlock Yariel Rodriguez? I'm okay with not drafting him since he wasn't in the pool for the draft, but he should be in the player pool in general

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I emailed Fantrax support because there's a player I wanted to draft that's apparently not in our player pool due to being locked. Can @MilkSpiller22 unlock Yariel Rodriguez? I'm okay with not drafting him since he wasn't in the pool for the draft, but he should be in the player pool in general
what team is he on??

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more thing.... i saw that there were a bunch of minor league adds during the season... Many of those were from the 2023 rookie draft...

I did not police it last season... and i didnt notice it until after the draft started...

Next season, no matter what, any player from the real life 2024 MLB draft will be available for our 2025 rookie draft... If any player is added, they will be dropped before the 2025 draft starts...

same thing for the international signings... any player that is not available in this player pool, can not be taken later on...

i thought fantrax locked the player pool, so i am not sure how so many players fell through...

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more thing.... i saw that there were a bunch of minor league adds during the season... Many of those were from the 2023 rookie draft...

I did not police it last season... and i didnt notice it until after the draft started...

Next season, no matter what, any player from the real life 2024 MLB draft will be available for our 2025 rookie draft... If any player is added, they will be dropped before the 2025 draft starts...

same thing for the international signings... any player that is not available in this player pool, can not be taken later on...

i thought fantrax locked the player pool, so i am not sure how so many players fell through...

Definitely defeats the purpose of a draft if the biggest names get snagged in FA

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely defeats the purpose of a draft if the biggest names get snagged in FA

Absolutely. I am just upset with myself for not noticing it last season, and not bringing up the issue before the draft.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw: this is basically the catman rule. He did us dirty!!! lol.

jwolt92

Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw: this is basically the catman rule. He did us dirty!!! lol.

So Sasaki is an eligible pick this year but players of that ilk are not good for next year? What about any picks for the remainder of this year? Is the rule in place effective immediately or just after this draft?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Sasaki is an eligible pick this year but players of that ilk are not good for next year? What about any picks for the remainder of this year? Is the rule in place effective immediately or just after this draft?

I think it is most fair to make that rule immediate. Sure it is last second to set a rule. But I don’t think this is a bad rule to make last second. As the alternative would need the commissioner permission anyway.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is most fair to make that rule immediate. Sure it is last second to set a rule. But I don’t think this is a bad rule to make last second. As the alternative would need the commissioner permission anyway.
I am not in favor of changing the rules during the draft. I traded all of picks for this draft. Not sure I would have made a different decision, but it could have effected some of the moves made this year.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not in favor of changing the rules during the draft. I traded all of picks for this draft. Not sure I would have made a different decision, but it could have effected some of the moves made this year.

i mean, a player not in the pool would need me to find the player, and manually put him on your team... not sure if that is fair in the first place...

jwolt92

Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean, a player not in the pool would need me to find the player, and manually put him on your team... not sure if that is fair in the first place...

But if they're already in the pool, are they eligible to be drafted even if they're still in Japan for example?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if they're already in the pool, are they eligible to be drafted even if they're still in Japan for example?

if they are in the pool they are eligible...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feels dirty, but with Sasaki gone and Yamamoto not being available in this draft, Caglione is now gone

it is dirty... not sure why he is available... i thought fantrax didnt allow players not signed... but how do you police something, that the system allows??

jwolt92

Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is dirty... not sure why he is available... i thought fantrax didnt allow players not signed... but how do you police something, that the system allows??

I agree. I'm okay if there's a rule change now and I'll repick. If we're going to go on the honor system of not taking guys before they're signed, I'm all for it

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I'm okay if there's a rule change now and I'll repick. If we're going to go on the honor system of not taking guys before they're signed, I'm all for it

i hate the honor code!!! think its BS...as most people secretly want to break the rules, or at least get away with the rules they broke already(whether intentional or not)...

maybe i need to think of a better rule... than just who is available on draft day... cause apparently fantrax does a shit job at that....

how does this rule sound(it wont be active until next season)

A) player pool is locked on draft day...
no players outside of pool can be drafted or added at any time until new player pool is formed on next years draft.

B) if a player is unsigned but in the player pool he is available, BUT if that player is NOT signed before a certain date( date is TBD) lets say september 1st, then that player counts as a first round pick in the next draft

jwolt92

Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hate the honor code!!! think its BS...as most people secretly want to break the rules, or at least get away with the rules they broke already(whether intentional or not)...

maybe i need to think of a better rule... than just who is available on draft day... cause apparently fantrax does a shit job at that....

how does this rule sound(it wont be active until next season)

A) player pool is locked on draft day...
no players outside of pool can be drafted or added at any time until new player pool is formed on next years draft.

B) if a player is unsigned but in the player pool he is available, BUT if that player is NOT signed before a certain date( date is TBD) lets say september 1st, then that player counts as a first round pick in the next draft

I think the best way is to disregard the player pool and if a player has never had an AB or thrown a pitch at any affiliated level, they're undraftable until signed. That eliminates the trying to figure out who's eligible and who's not. Yamamoto for example, would have been eligible this year because he was signed prior to the draft date, but he hasn't thrown a pitch. And then guys who haven't been signed yet, for example, have thrown a pitch or taken an AB so they're eligible. That's the way I've seen it done in the past, none of the websites (ESPN, Yahoo, Fantrax) are great at keeping players out of the player pool until they "should" be able to be drafted. With that being said, you can reverse my pick. I was moreso doing it as a counter to Sasaki being taken before he's even posted