• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL B-League(Barbarians at the Gate)

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone like Tate or am I alone in thinking he will be more than solid flex borderline RB2 this year?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone like Tate or am I alone in thinking he will be more than solid flex borderline RB2 this year?

My opinion probably doesn't count much, but maybe helps you get a feel for what some others might be thinking:

Tate is a big time underachiever. When he wasn't hurt, he also wasn't all that effective. He basically had the Texans job last year when Foster was hurt and could only produce one 100yd performance, and that took 22 carries. Toss in all the injuries, the rookie behind him looking pretty good, it's not a surprise no one is jumping up to get in the trade line for him. It's my belief that West will take over early in the season, either through ineffectiveness, or injury.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion probably doesn't count much, but maybe helps you get a feel for what some others might be thinking:

Tate is a big time underachiever. When he wasn't hurt, he also wasn't all that effective. He basically had the Texans job last year when Foster was hurt and could only produce one 100yd performance, and that took 22 carries. Toss in all the injuries, the rookie behind him looking pretty good, it's not a surprise no one is jumping up to get in the trade line for him. It's my belief that West will take over early in the season, either through ineffectiveness, or injury.

I understand the hate towards hmi but I like Tate for this year and like West after that. West still has a lot to work on.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had a ton of hype but has shown little to me is rather have gerhart who is a backup with a chance now.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Tate similar to Michael Turner. Once Turner came out of the shadows of Tomlinson, he was a solid RB. The only knock on Tate is his ability to stay healthy, which is a legit concern since it should be easier to stay healthier as a backup.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Tate similar to Michael Turner. Once Turner came out of the shadows of Tomlinson, he was a solid RB. The only knock on Tate is his ability to stay healthy, which is a legit concern since it should be easier to stay healthier as a backup.

The good thing is that while Tate was hurt he still played. He has looked far superior West in the preseason thus far

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Id like him more if I traded The Foot for Terrence West too. But I would have thought about taking him over Toby if he had still been there. No problem at all with Ben Tate at Flex from my angle. Or your other very Flex worthy RBs you're hoarding. :nod:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, Harold, I just checked out your team...Holy Crap! And I mean that in a good way.

You just might be pleasantly surprised by Rudolph this year...I think he's gonna have a good one.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good thing is that while Tate was hurt he still played. He has looked far superior West in the preseason thus far

I saw Hoyer looking Wests way on dump offs a time or two. The Browns as whole have not impressed me much though. Gordon looks like he'd rather be playing Madden than actual football.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That'd be great for my coma team, but I fear it's a huge pipe dream. Dude does have some skills and will steal a few though!

Yeah, mine too! Id like to see him get some chances regardless of fantasy implications. Always has struck me as a good kid.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, Harold, I just checked out your team...Holy Crap! And I mean that in a good way.

You just might be pleasantly surprised by Rudolph this year...I think he's gonna have a good one.

Thanks, I do like my roster, but would not mind a upgrade at WR or some more depth at RB.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'm the only guy that has "chef" next to his team name...that I know of. ;)

Chef when i wrote it i realized u might feel slighted and it wasnt my intention everyone knows Chef sorry Chef

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must say this thread is getting plenty of action. I really like all the wheeling and dealing taking place, I would have to say this is my favorite FF league, just so much more going on to keep things interesting.