• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL B-League(Barbarians at the Gate)

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I came into this draft with no strategy for the late rounds lol

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Espn made my 1st 2 picks even though i was logged in 5 minutes before it started

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My team is solid but i was just winging it in rounds 9-14 lol. Like what i did in rounds 1-8 though

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like my team but I got to confess that I was late to the draft. I got caught up with family things and lost track of time and when it occurred to me I had a draft to attend, 3 picks were already auto picked for me.:L Luckily early auto picks usually are fine although not exactly what the owner ( me in this case) would of done. I got auto picked 2 WRs and 1 RB in the first 3 rounds. I would of drafted 2 RBs and 1 WR, Instead of AJ Brown I would of taken one of the RBs that went in the same round, but I got only myself to blame and it was....OK.
So after arriving to the draft I knew I had to draft RBs ASAP and like I feared all the RBs that were solid RB2 went off the board before my pick arrived. So I went with Darrel Henderson as at least I know he's the starting RB for the Rams and should get plenty of work despite the Rams trading for Michel and I followed that up with Gaskins to at least have 3 RBs that I felt alright starting. This league being full of RB whores you need to draft RBs early or end up with junk at RB.
By round 6 I was going with BPA at RB/WR and that was Diontae Johnson, a player I'm fond of and he should be a fine WR3 to go with Metcalf and Brown and give me a solid WR corp and I was still worried about RB so I took a gamble on Melvin Gordon. I figured as RB4 it wasn't that expensive of a gamble and I wanted the insurance of another RB to turn to if things went bad with my starters.
Round 8 was a tough one to decide. Ronald Jones, Singletary and Shenault were players I considered taking, but decided to go with Antonio Brown because I felt he had the highest ceiling of the group and was worth the gamble at this point. Round 9 went back to gathering RBs and decided to pass on Singletary for a favorite of mine Rhomondre Stevenson. He's a bit of a stash player as I feel he'll shine in the second half of the season and I shouldn't need him in the first part of the season and hopefully I can hold onto him when injuries and byes hit.
Round 10 I took a TE finally and it was slim pickings but I think Higbee can be good as a lot of TEs that were drafted earlier and I'm fine with him as my TE. Round 11 I was looking at what was left at RB and I went with Conners over David Johnson, Carter, Hubbard. IDK if there was a good choice among them TBH but the Cards don't seem to have a whole lot at RB besides Edmonds and Conners so I got that going for me. After that I needed a D,a kicker and a QB ( I really waited on that position LOL), so in round 12 I took the Colts, round 13 I took Matt Ryan, might of taken Justin Tucker if he had not gone ahead of my pick. Finished it off with Bass as my kicker.

All in all I like the roster, coming late to the draft did change how my roster was shaped but I sort of like the looks of my roster as I it looks solid to me. Obviously I focused on RBs and WRs early and often and left TE,QB, D, and kicker for the end. Kind of a old school way of drafting.

Last edited:

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Told myself I wasn't gonna do a write-up and here we are...

@Yellow Fuzzies
Since we picked from the same spot, thought you might be interested too.

1 (4) Alvin Kamara - would have been happy with any of the big 4. Only concern is there is no Brees blowing through the Big Easy.
2 (21) Hopkins - Other owners were complaining about shoddy ESPN connections. Hopkins is still a target/yardage monster.
3 (28) McLaurin - I really like that he has the Harvard mad bomber throwing to him in D.C.
4 (45) Gus Edwards - What? There is a starting RB in round 4 available who plays for a run-first team, in a league with RB hoarders? I'll take this gift.
5 (52) Edmonds - There seemed to be quagmire of players in this range I didn't care for. I didn't want to reach for anyone. I think that's what gets me into trouble in past seasons. In this range, he was a safe option with some nice upside. And this is way too long of a write-up for Edmonds.
6 (69) Dak Prescott - Hard to believe, but no other QB averages more rush/passing yards per game (389.8). With 5 other QB drafted before him, the timing couldn't have been better to pull the trigger.
7 (76) JuJu SS - Dionte and Claypool seemed to outplay him, right? Still had more receptions than both. And JuJu tied for most team receiving TD. Love the value.
8 (93) Zack Moss - was so happy with my team to this point I decided to take a chance on an oft-injured player. Especially one that plays for a good offense.
9 (100) Fant - needed a TE. Hate TE. Only 6 TE were targeted more than Fant. And only 3 TE had more yards than him. Considering that 10 TE were drafted ahead of him, he was worth the shot.
10 (117) Pittman - Starting WR. Maybe Wentz can channel his inner Rivers and make me proud to own him?
11 (124) Beasley - my bench was thinning out and I was leaning RB here. But c'mon. Only 21 WR had more yards than Beasley (967) and this guy is still on the board in the 11th round?!
12 (141) Winston - I might be in a world of hurt if Dak goes down and I actually need Jameis.
13 (148) Patriots DST - meh.
14 (165) Zuerlein - Greg the leg. He may be my first cut casualty if I run into any bye week problems. But hey, it's a kicker. He understands.

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure who drafted from the 11 spot in KOTF but I'll do a quick write up of mine.

1-11: Zeke: Best value available there
2-14: Antonio Gibson: A guy I've drafted as much as I could this year. Hopefully he breaks out
3-35: Keenan Allen: Don't love it but if he's healthy he's got a great QB to throw him the ball
4-38: Miles Sanders: Another one I don't love but a 3rd RB was needed and it wouldn't have come back around again
5-59: Mark Andrews: In that "second tier" of TEs imo
6-62: Robby Anderson: Someone has to get targets besides CMC
7-83: Brandin Cooks: ... someone has to get some yards... right?
8-86: Ja'Marr Chase: My WRs are weak. I started stock piling in hopes that someone breaks out
9-107: Michael Thomas: If he gets healthy, could be huge value at my weakest position
10-110: Matt Stafford: Has the weapons, should put up some huge numbers
11-131: JD McKissic: I'm not generally a handcuff guy, but he was one of the BPAs at RB
12-134: Baker: Best QB left at that point if Stafford doesn't break out like I hope
13-155: Matt Gay: stacked QB and kicker
14-158: Dolphins D: no comments

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't access ESPN, for my part.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Told myself I wasn't gonna do a write-up and here we are...

@Yellow Fuzzies
Since we picked from the same spot, thought you might be interested too.

1 (4) Alvin Kamara - would have been happy with any of the big 4. Only concern is there is no Brees blowing through the Big Easy.
2 (21) Hopkins - Other owners were complaining about shoddy ESPN connections. Hopkins is still a target/yardage monster.
3 (28) McLaurin - I really like that he has the Harvard mad bomber throwing to him in D.C.
4 (45) Gus Edwards - What? There is a starting RB in round 4 available who plays for a run-first team, in a league with RB hoarders? I'll take this gift.
5 (52) Edmonds - There seemed to be quagmire of players in this range I didn't care for. I didn't want to reach for anyone. I think that's what gets me into trouble in past seasons. In this range, he was a safe option with some nice upside. And this is way too long of a write-up for Edmonds.
6 (69) Dak Prescott - Hard to believe, but no other QB averages more rush/passing yards per game (389.8). With 5 other QB drafted before him, the timing couldn't have been better to pull the trigger.
7 (76) JuJu SS - Dionte and Claypool seemed to outplay him, right? Still had more receptions than both. And JuJu tied for most team receiving TD. Love the value.
8 (93) Zack Moss - was so happy with my team to this point I decided to take a chance on an oft-injured player. Especially one that plays for a good offense.
9 (100) Fant - needed a TE. Hate TE. Only 6 TE were targeted more than Fant. And only 3 TE had more yards than him. Considering that 10 TE were drafted ahead of him, he was worth the shot.
10 (117) Pittman - Starting WR. Maybe Wentz can channel his inner Rivers and make me proud to own him?
11 (124) Beasley - my bench was thinning out and I was leaning RB here. But c'mon. Only 21 WR had more yards than Beasley (967) and this guy is still on the board in the 11th round?!
12 (141) Winston - I might be in a world of hurt if Dak goes down and I actually need Jameis.
13 (148) Patriots DST - meh.
14 (165) Zuerlein - Greg the leg. He may be my first cut casualty if I run into any bye week problems. But hey, it's a kicker. He understands.

when you see Avg Joe also took Beasley in the 11th round

Will Smith Yes GIF by Bad Boys For Life

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strange because you were able to draft. I looked and you look good to go as far as I can tell. Maybe try a different browser?
I get to the Barbarians page, but it just keep spinning and spinning. I'll try another browser.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get to the Barbarians page, but it just keep spinning and spinning. I'll try another browser.

That is what was going on with me during the draft. I tried to get on through my kindle and it said the draft didn't work on their browser. I tried to get on with my phone and they said I had to download something for it to work on their browser. I tried my son's computer since it was in the living room and it just spun and spun. So I ended up going to my basement office and got on my computer. I was pissed at time and kinda paniced and forgot my whole draft plan.

BTW Elliott would not have been there at 11 if I made the first round.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@averagejoe
OK Joe- you did one so I'll do one:

1 (4) Alvin Kamara- Same first pick as Joe. Best available IMO.
2 (21) DK Metcalf- Really like Metcalf this year. took him two picks in front of Hopkins who was a consideration.
3 (28) Josh Jacobs- Not crazy about this pick but these guys are so RB hungry took one here.
4 (45) Chris Godwin- Good value at this stage as long as Brady holds up.
5 (52) Mark Andrews- Lamar loves his tight end. Lots of catches for this guy this year.
6 (69) Melvin Gordon- Even with the rookie in Denver' Gordon is still the starter. Was looking for a RB here.
7 (76) Russell Wilson- Was thrilled that Wilson was still there in the 7th.
8 (93) Marvin Jones Jr.- Not a sexy pick but he seems to get close to 1K yards every year. Nice 3rd receiver off the bench.
9 (100) Steeler DST- Top defense this year IMO.
10 (117) Jarvis Landry- Still catching lots of balls out of the slot.
11 (124) Nyheim Hines- Needed another bench RB and he got the nod.
12 (141) Baker Mayfield- Don't mind Baker as my backup QB at all.
13 (148) Y Koo- kicker
14 (165) Cole Kmet- Think this guy does well this year but may not put him in my lineup much.

Overall happy with my team but not thrilled.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given ODB's injury history, he's almost like drafting a WR1.
He’s Baker’s WR1. When he needs a first he goes to Jarvis and they have great chemistry. Barring a drastic change, he is their WR1. The lack of TD’s is the only thing bringing down that ceiling