• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL B-League(Barbarians at the Gate)

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never check anything until after the afternoon games here which end about 7:30pm. The first time I look at anything is before the Sunday night game and I turn all of my notifications off on my phone. The first several years I did fantasy I would sit there with the laptop next to me during games and checking scores all the time, but all that did was royally piss me off most of the time. Plus, at this point since I'm so many leagues, you're inevitably playing against the same guys you have somewhere else so it's really hard to even know what the hell you are rooting for. Besides most of the time you don't need to look to know if you're team is blowing up or laying an egg.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never check anything until after the afternoon games here which end about 7:30pm. The first time I look at anything is before the Sunday night game and I turn all of my notifications off on my phone. The first several years I did fantasy I would sit there with the laptop next to me during games and checking scores all the time, but all that did was royally piss me off most of the time. Plus, at this point since I'm so many leagues, you're inevitably playing against the same guys you have somewhere else so it's really hard to even know what the hell you are rooting for. Besides most of the time you don't need to look to know if you're team is blowing up or laying an egg.
The championship weekend that I had $1300 riding on I checked religiously

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I'm a nutjob I guess. I sit there with my phone on either the ESPN or Fox scoreboard, my kindle browser open to tabs for all the FANTrax leagues I'm in, another browser for any ESPN leagues, and remote in hand with my Sunday ticket fired up...and my 20 player, player tracker giving me even more notifications... Lol

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I'm a nutjob I guess. I sit there with my phone on either the ESPN or Fox scoreboard, my kindle browser open to tabs for all the FANTrax leagues I'm in, another browser for any ESPN leagues, and remote in hand with my Sunday ticket fired up...and my 20 player, player tracker giving me even more notifications... Lol
My wife tends to have me walking around in Disney with the family so I have to steal glances

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife tends to have me walking around in Disney with the family so I have to steal glances
I made a pact with my wife, she can pretty much dictate 40 other weekends, plus I know two weeks are gonna be holidays and family, but the other 15 weekends, that's what I do, every year. You wanna plan trips, or family outings, or whatever, they aren't from Sept. to Jan., otherwise I'll do whatever she wants, every other weekend

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made a pact with my wife, she can pretty much dictate 40 other weekends, plus I know two weeks are gonna be holidays and family, but the other 15 weekends, that's what I do, every year. You wanna plan trips, or family outings, or whatever, they aren't from Sept. to Jan., otherwise I'll do whatever she wants, every other weekend
Unfortunately I cant do that. October is a terrible month for family commitments. We have like 12 birthdays and my wedding anniversary

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately I cant do that. October is a terrible month for family commitments. We have like 12 birthdays and my wedding anniversary
I told my wife long before we got engaged that I wouldn't get married during football season. When it became a reality, she wanted to do it on the day we met, which was early February. I was like, "No way. Our anniversary might fall on Super Bowl Sunday and that will just get me in trouble."

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd lose my freaking mind if I didn't check scores all day long..lol
I track the games online and look at stats pretty much all day but only go to the 'my team' websites to change out injured guys (or if I have an epiphany moment due to other injuries). ... it's safer that way for me, otherwise I'd be swapping guys out until game time. ...

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I told my wife long before we got engaged that I wouldn't get married during football season. When it became a reality, she wanted to do it on the day we met, which was early February. I was like, "No way. Our anniversary might fall on Super Bowl Sunday and that will just get me in trouble."

I got married in Dec. Because college football season was over.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got married in Dec. Because college football season was over.
We did a Saturday as well. Our oldest has a birthday four days after so we usually don’t celebrate on our anniversary so I am usually good but I’m sure there will be a perfect storm. Although I have her trained well for Packer games

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got married in March during Spring Break, nothing ever there except March Madness and I only halfway give a shit about college basketball anyway.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The championship weekend that I had $1300 riding on I checked religiously

Ha Ha same here if I got a lot riding on a game. Some weeks I wait and check in the afternoon especially if things aren't looking up.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE="TREFF, post: 14220167, member: 4151"leftypower, congrats, got me by 4. Now, don't piss it away, as Jake Taylor would say, "win the whole f'n thing"[/QUOTE]
Loved that movie, Costner really did some great sports movies (just watched Field of Dreams yesterday (for the 100+ time) - - it was certainly a hard fought battle :suds: and I'll certainly put forth my best effort to make it 2 defectors going out on top. ...

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE="TREFF, post: 14220167, member: 4151"leftypower, congrats, got me by 4. Now, don't piss it away, as Jake Taylor would say, "win the whole f'n thing"
Loved that movie, Costner really did some great sports movies (just watched Field of Dreams yesterday (for the 100+ time) - - it was certainly a hard fought battle :suds: and I'll certainly put forth my best effort to make it 2 defectors going out on top. ...[/QUOTE]
Costner does have some great sports movies but that one isnt his. That one was Major League!

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved that movie, Costner really did some great sports movies (just watched Field of Dreams yesterday (for the 100+ time) - - it was certainly a hard fought battle :suds: and I'll certainly put forth my best effort to make it 2 defectors going out on top. ...
Costner does have some great sports movies but that one isnt his. That one was Major League![/QUOTE]
--------------------------
Yea - your right. .... had Costner on my mind I guess from watching that movie yesterday. .... duhhh, what was I thinking since Major League was great as well. .....

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Costner does have some great sports movies but that one isnt his. That one was Major League!
--------------------------
Yea - your right. .... had Costner on my mind I guess from watching that movie yesterday. .... duhhh, what was I thinking since Major League was great as well. .....[/QUOTE]
Bull Durham and For The Love Of The Game were both fantastic. No harm

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@femurov - think I'm locked and loaded for the showdown. .... let's make it a final that won't be soon forgotten. :suds:

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i got locked up in mid July

baseball isnt quite in full race mode

Hockey is over

NFL is off

and the only pisser is it sometimes falls during my fave Golf Tourney The Open...

well planned if i must say

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bit early - but congrats @femurov :hail: - make the Barbarians proud as a Flamer while I ride off into the sunset. ..... nice game. ....