• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL B-League(Barbarians at the Gate)

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the team I mock drafted right before the draft. I think someone wanted me to post it.

QB - Winston (yeah... waited way too long to go QB)
RB - Mixon, Mack, DFree, Ballage, Peyton Barber, Singletary
WR - Julio, Mike Williams, DJ Moore, Corey Davis
TE - Burton
K - Tucker
Def - Dallas

Vs

My actual team...

QB - Brees
RB - Damian Williams, Mark Ingram, Cohen, Carlos Hyde, Singletary
WR - M. Thomas, Julio, Lockett, Corey Davis, Courtland Sutton
TE - Walker
K - Fairbairn
Def - Denver

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, aside from those bolded the only similarity I see is that in both you only took 1 each of TE, DST and Kicker. ....

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff/Winston
Barkley/Jacobs/Sanders/Lat Murray/Pollard/AP
Evans/Woods/Kirk
Engram
Falcons K
Ravens D

dont hate this team, but def have work ahead of me

felt like any WR I wanted after Evans/Woods got sniped within a few picks before mine, so kept piling up RBs in the middle/late round. hopefully i can snag a guy early off waivers that has a solid WR3 type season and flirts with top 25 stats

perfectly fine with Lat Murray being the guy I reach for this year - saints have the best rushing attack going for multiple yrs in a row now and it looks to be built the same again this season.
Pollard/AP have become my late round RBs of choice so far in the early draft season. Until Guice is cleared for contact and Zeke gets through customs, that'll prob remain constant the next couple wks.

good luck gents!

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I felt pretty good about mine until I looked at the FP league analysis - they say it sucks ass. ... first time I've not had a top 3 rated team - guess it's fitting. .... and in the words of Forest Gump "that's all I have to say about that"

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, aside from those bolded the only similarity I see is that in both you only took 1 each of TE, DST and Kicker. ....
Well, it's very rare that I would take 2 defenses or kickers unless I have to. And almost very rare that I would take 2 TEs, but I did consider it strongly this draft. Ultimately decided on Singletary. He's in a prime position to take over for McCoy and turn into a solid starting RB for our purposes.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it's very rare that I would take 2 defenses or kickers unless I have to. And almost very rare that I would take 2 TEs, but I did consider it strongly this draft. Ultimately decided on Singletary. He's in a prime position to take over for McCoy and turn into a solid starting RB for our purposes.
Oh, not saying that was not the correct way to go - just that overall - mock and reality is vastly different in players. ...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 213979

All I want to know is how did Smitty beat out most all of us by using the autodraft?
You have no idea the lengths I went thru to draft while at work.

Which was to no avail, for the second straight year.

But I did prepare my exclusion list thoroughly before hand. (ESPN didn't erase erything this time.)

Did not expect folks to go Defense as early as they did, or I'd be really happy with how it turned out. So long as Zeke doesn't throw his season away I'm confident in a punchers chance this season.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB- Luck, Prescott. Like Luck for moderate to big, but more importantly, consistent, numbers. But his injury status/history cuased me to reach a bit for Dak, who I think will have a strong season with Cooper, Gallup in year 2, and Cobb, regardless of Zeke.

RB's- McAffrey, Henry, Carson, J. Hill, D. Thompson. #1 pick, and I can't trust my boy Zeke, so Cmac was the next safest option in my book. Carson should get a ton of work in that system, and we've debated Henry in here more than I care to think about, but I'm sold on his ability to be a top five back. J. Hill in run heavy Balt. might achieve stand alone value at some point, and I think Darwin Thompson can unseat Hyde at #2, then its only a matter if time before Williams gets hurt, or just flat out loses the job. Hopefully that happens before I need his roster spot.

WR's- C. Kupp, C. Godwin, Fitzgerald, Gallup. Obviously my weakest group, but good upside top to bottom, and strong floors for the top 3. No studs, but, strong contributors with only Gallup as a true question mark.

TE- Ebron. I don't care much for him, but, hey, I didn't have to reach to get him, and the RB/WRs available at that pick were a dime a dozen, so why not?

DST- LAC. Bosa, Engram and 4 games against Flacco and Carr..just gotta survive those 2 vs KC...

K- B. Maher. Big leg, a Cowboy, a Husker.. A double check on the homer box for the last pick of the draft, a win win.

Can't complain much, only target I had going in that I didn't get was Mark Ingram. Stomp snagging AJ Green right in front of me in the sixth was slightly disappointing. Might not want to count on AJ Green to be your stud this year, but as a third WR?? Yea, I'd take that chance in a heartbeat.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
upload_2019-8-19_0-9-41.png

Having a late pick is rough. You either go with a WR and hope to find a RB that comes out of nowhere or you take a RB and hope to hit magic on a WR late.

I took Mixon and hoped that Conner would still be there 4 picks later. In the 3rd round it was a choice of would Mahomes or Thielen make past Chef twice. I made the right choice I hope.

For my next grouping there really wasn't much difference between the top 5 WR, top 5 RB, or top 5 TE left so I decided to knock my TE off the list, then when it came back around to me I figured I would go ahead and get a 3rd RB that starts.

At the next turn I took the best WR left on the board. Then took the rookie RB that I am highest on with a nice upside in LA.

When it came back around to me I had considered D the last set, but figured I had waited as long as I could and still get 1 of the top 2. Then McCoy is still the starter in buffalo until he gets hurts.

Pettis was the best WR on the board, but the second time I took 1 that I was not happy with. Then I figured I might as well get my K.

At the end, I was still bad at WR and figured I would go for two extreme long shot gambles hoping to hit one of them. I liked Campbell over Metcalf. Then I figured while AJ Green is down Ross gets a chance to prove himself or not in Cincy.

All in all I am happy with my draft. I know I could have done better and know that I like to reach for my QB then try to get the best I can at the 3 lesser positions without reaching but so far.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chubb at 2 Wow...

I don't think i'm alone in having Chubb at or near the top his standard FPros ECR has risen from 10 overall to 5 overall since the Duke trade. He's in a great spot and he's the most talented between the tackles runner in the league imo.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB- Watson, Wentz. I reached for Watson big time but at that time I already had my 2 WR and my #1 RB. Also 3 of my targets went earlier that round. Had my eyes set on Ingram, Kittle, & Ertz. Went for my 2nd QB Wentz much earlier than normal simply because I don't know how consistent Watson will be so nice to have another top 10 QB that I can rotate with.

RB- Kamara, Lindsay, Ekeler, Jaylen Samuels. Probably my weakest group. Not knowing about the EE situation made me go with Kamara. As mentioned before, I had my eyes set on Ingram as my RB2 but that didn't work out. Ekeler can be my sleeper especially if Gordon hold out goes into the season.

WR- Keenan Allen, AB, Josh Gordon, Geronimo Allison, & Tyrell Williams. Pretty strong group here once AB stops being a bitch. Allison and Williams are my sleepers.

TE- David Njoku- Nothing to say here. All my other TE options were gone lol

D/ST- Rams. Never hurt to get a top 3 defense

K- Justin Tucker. Same as my D/ST

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So whose naked pictures do I have to offer to get a RB?

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So whose naked pictures do I have to offer to get a RB?
Well, I don't have a whole lot but I know I have a guy you'd like. .... willing to discuss on pm if you wanna start one. ...

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I don't have a whole lot but I know I have a guy you'd like. .... willing to discuss on pm if you wanna start one. ...
He just likes whisepering into my ear and saying the things I love to hear!

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB - Brees
RB - Damian Williams, Mark Ingram, Cohen, Carlos Hyde, Singletary
WR - M. Thomas, Julio, Lockett, Corey Davis, Courtland Sutton
TE - Walker
K - Fairbairn
Def - Denver

Everyone else is doing their pick by pick, so here it goes for me...

1/2 turn - Considered Conner and would have probably taken Mixon had he fallen, but I figured with this group I was going to have my pick of a group of elite WRs, so I pounced on Thomas and Julio.

3/4 - After going WR with the top 2, I figured my pickings would be slim at RB. Would have loved if DFree or Fournette fell to me, but I wasn't holding my breath. Thought I may have to go TE there, but liked Ingram there and figured I would take the chance of Williams picking up where he left off last season.

5/6 - I like Lockett and I feel like he was a good value here. RBs were drying up, so I figured I had to grab one there instead of going QB. I think if I didn't feel that need, I would have probably taken Aaron Rodgers.

7/8 - Wanted Russ, but not surprised he didn't fall. Took Brees and I like Corey Davis this year, so having him as my 4th WR is not a bad thing at all.

9/10 - Wanted Ballage here, and probably should have gone that route over Davis at the last turn, but I don't think that kills my team by any means. I knew when I picked Damian Williams that I would have to get Hyde as his cuff, so that was a necessary pick. Went for the upside of Sutton over the more proven commodity of Manny Sanders, who may miss some games. My WR corps is very solid at this point, so I went for the higher ceiling.

11/12 - Very much considered going K and defense here. Also considered a backup QB, but decided to play the ww if I ended up needing one. I think Singletary can win the starting job in Buffalo at some point in the season, so I grabbed him. And basically flipped a coin at TE and went Delanie over Hooper and Burton.

13/14 - Kicker and defense.

I'm not ecstatic over this team, but I don't think it is bad at all. If Williams and Ingram can hold down the starting RB position, I should do very well. I'm not as strong at RB as I would like to be, but this group doesn't let much value slip through the cracks like other leagues I am in.