• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL B-League(Barbarians at the Gate)

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am wishing it had stayed down. Then I wouldn't see that I have the second highest score of the week, but Barilko has put up one of the all time scores for this league.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just when Arizona D gets points taken away, they go and get a turnover. I'd appreciate it if I didn't have to climb out of such a big hole with only Gurley left, mmmmk @Trudem?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shout out to the Redskins defense for being the main reason I'm starting the season 0-1.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just when Arizona D gets points taken away, they go and get a turnover. I'd appreciate it if I didn't have to climb out of such a big hole with only Gurley left, mmmmk @Trudem?
Keenum sucked so bad he destroyed Gurley. I needed 6 points from him last night in a PPR league...he got me 5.2 :gaah:

Made worse by the fact that I left Spencer Ware and Melvin Gordon on my bench in favor of Rashad Jennings :scratch:

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keenum sucked so bad he destroyed Gurley. I needed 6 points from him last night in a PPR league...he got me 5.2 :gaah:

Made worse by the fact that I left Spencer Ware and Melvin Gordon on my bench in favor of Rashad Jennings :scratch:
It was painful to watch. They had 8-9 guys in the box seemingly all night....and Fisher kept running up the gut. They better open up the playbook or get another QB in there or Gurley, and his fantasy owners are in for a long year.

GG btw.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MY dynasty team laid an absolute egg. Glad I could salvage something.

You too

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So with Bandit bowing out of the recap game, do any of you Barbarians want the job for your league?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If none of you guys can swing it, lemme know. I'll do it. :nod:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barbarians at the Gates - Week 1 Recap

planetfargo-barbarians-at-the-gates-20050908031519619.jpg

Monkey 114.5 - Shady 95.7
Cooks, Palmer and Murray pave the way for Monkey to hold off the monster that is David Johnson; logic says Shady was correct in revving Christine's engine and idling Yeldon's; unfortunately, the NFL has instituted new rules against logic.

Foot 108.3 - Smitty 101.2
Eli showed up but the Carr ran over him; Carlos came out of Hyding in a big way and Foot's vaunted WRs stayed in bed, but DWill showed the kiddies how it's done. Meanwhile, Stafford was on the phone with Smitty screaming "Why? Why???" Extra Points: Oh, that Snead...Foot's got a pretty good lookin' team there with big points left on the bench.

Barilko 149.1 - Obx 123.6
Holy Schnikes, it's a barn burner! To put out the fire, Barilko needed a little Luck...and got it. Obx had the firepower going with C.J. and Ryan Mathews showing Shady and Melvin who the boss is, but Andrew was the difference here. Even Larry Fitz's nice game would not have been enough to stop Barilko this week. Oh yeah...the Vikings D helped things a bit. Kudos to Barilko for leaving nothing on the bench.

Trudem 93.9 - Micro 77.4
Where to begin? Well, to quote baseball's A-Rod, let's start with the "pink elephant in the room". Gurley is alone on the Rams with no help (especially from Jeff Fisher). If what the 49ers did holds up, it's gonna be a lonnnng year for Gurley owners. Micro could've overcome this by starting Winston and Coleman, but hey...it's Week 1, and Cam/Rawls aren't exactly second stringers. Solid start and solid team for Trudem; Devonta hurt, but the 13-0 TE advantage made up for it nicely.

Harold 99.7 - Sammy 61
Sammy gets low score of the week, but at least it was rounded off; Tyrod, AP, Demaryius and the Rams D were just killer blows, too much to overcome...when Julius Thomas is your high scorer, you know it's gonna be a rough one. Harold had some troubles as well with a mediocre showing by Russell Wilson, while Floyd underwhelmed and Lockett was non-existent, but A.J. Green, DeMarco and excellent production from the D and K spots more than made up for it. Better times are ahead, Sammy!

Stomp 110.7 - Bk 100.8
Wow, this was a matchup of "Shoulda, Woulda Coulda". JStew (running well but inexplicably taken out of the picture), Fleener and the highly touted Bengals D bit the dust for Bks while Brandon Marshall, Sammy and The Duke did the same for Stomp. Luckily for Stomp, he had the twerker on his side, not to mention a stunner from Theo Riddick. If Bk starts Jordan Matthews over Flat Matt Jones in the Flex...ah, shoulda, woulda coulda. On the other hand, same could be said for Stomp with DeSean over Sammy. This was a fascinating matchup to analyze. Oh yeah...that Bailey could be in line for a pretty good year.

Endnote:

"Damnit, why can't I find a guy who can dance like that?"

CsMjEWEWEAAj9Dt.jpg

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barbarians at the Gates - Week 1 Recap

planetfargo-barbarians-at-the-gates-20050908031519619.jpg

Monkey 114.5 - Shady 95.7
Cooks, Palmer and Murray pave the way for Monkey to hold off the monster that is David Johnson; logic says Shady was correct in revving Christine's engine and idling Yeldon's; unfortunately, the NFL has instituted new rules against logic.

Foot 108.3 - Smitty 101.2
Eli showed up but the Carr ran over him; Carlos came out of Hyding in a big way and Foot's vaunted WRs stayed in bed, but DWill showed the kiddies how it's done. Meanwhile, Stafford was on the phone with Smitty screaming "Why? Why???" Extra Points: Oh, that Snead...Foot's got a pretty good lookin' team there with big points left on the bench.

Barilko 149.1 - Obx 123.6
Holy Schnikes, it's a barn burner! To put out the fire, Barilko needed a little Luck...and got it. Obx had the firepower going with C.J. and Ryan Mathews showing Shady and Melvin who the boss is, but Andrew was the difference here. Even Larry Fitz's nice game would not have been enough to stop Barilko this week. Oh yeah...the Vikings D helped things a bit. Kudos to Barilko for leaving nothing on the bench.

Trudem 93.9 - Micro 77.4
Where to begin? Well, to quote baseball's A-Rod, let's start with the "pink elephant in the room". Gurley is alone on the Rams with no help (especially from Jeff Fisher). If what the 49ers did holds up, it's gonna be a lonnnng year for Gurley owners. Micro could've overcome this by starting Winston and Coleman, but hey...it's Week 1, and Cam/Rawls aren't exactly second stringers. Solid start and solid team for Trudem; Devonta hurt, but the 13-0 TE advantage made up for it nicely.

Harold 99.7 - Sammy 61
Sammy gets low score of the week, but at least it was rounded off; Tyrod, AP, Demaryius and the Rams D were just killer blows, too much to overcome...when Julius Thomas is your high scorer, you know it's gonna be a rough one. Harold had some troubles as well with a mediocre showing by Russell Wilson, while Floyd underwhelmed and Lockett was non-existent, but A.J. Green, DeMarco and excellent production from the D and K spots more than made up for it. Better times are ahead, Sammy!

Stomp 110.7 - Bk 100.8
Wow, this was a matchup of "Shoulda, Woulda Coulda". JStew (running well but inexplicably taken out of the picture), Fleener and the highly touted Bengals D bit the dust for Bks while Brandon Marshall, Sammy and The Duke did the same for Stomp. Luckily for Stomp, he had the twerker on his side, not to mention a stunner from Theo Riddick. If Bk starts Jordan Matthews over Flat Matt Jones in the Flex...ah, shoulda, woulda coulda. On the other hand, same could be said for Stomp with DeSean over Sammy. This was a fascinating matchup to analyze. Oh yeah...that Bailey could be in line for a pretty good year.

Endnote:

"Damnit, why can't I find a guy who can dance like that?"

CsMjEWEWEAAj9Dt.jpg
I'm happy to be the first to say GREAT STUFF. Chef. Well done