• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL B-League(Barbarians at the Gate)

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'd be nice to win.......

Im thinking more about breakdown standings than wrapping up the division though. But if I were to win it drags out Bks torture another week, which is good for everybody.

You're right.

Are the Jets even playing offense? I see CJ has a whopping 4 carries. (Shoulda started Landry.....)

I play Chef so it wouldn't be much torture. Win or go home.

But obviously that isn't going to happen

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I play Chef so it wouldn't be much torture. Win or go home.

But obviously that isn't going to happen

I really don't mind that scenario, it'd be fun. I just keep thinking that if I don't win this match, I'm screwed.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless Ivory gets two TDs in the 4th, you're safe. Two whole points so far.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well shit. Looks like every guy Foot has is doing the scoring. Perfect.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that's that. Good match Smitty, we both left some firepower on the bench. :suds:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats guys.

I tried my best

Sorry Bks. However, there's still the breakdown thing, right? One of these days I'll take the time to see how that works...and you also have spoiler status impending.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that's that. Good match Smitty, we both left some firepower on the bench. :suds:

Good week Chef!

Despite a little birdie chirpin in my ear, I never really thought about Landry. Now West, I thought about him. :suds:

Until next time......

TK21775

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Colston TD should seal it, my team might actually win in what seems like ages

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa...Micro and Foot in a war!

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Bks. However, there's still the breakdown thing, right? One of these days I'll take the time to see how that works...and you also have spoiler status impending.

Yeah would be nice to finish 8-6 even if I miss the playoffs

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...there's still the breakdown thing, right? One of these days I'll take the time to see how that works...

I think Wil or Bandit or Treff answered that not too long ago. Basically the "breakdown" stat is what your record would be if you played all 11 teams each week.

Needless to say that the higher your team's scoring, the better your breakdown record would be. And vice versa.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Wil or Bandit or Treff answered that not too long ago. Basically the "breakdown" stat is what your record would be if you played all 11 teams each week.

Needless to say that the higher your team's scoring, the better your breakdown record would be. And vice versa.

Thanks, Joe. This is where I have screwed up all season. I have left a boatload of points on my bench, mostly on whims.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harold...I told you not to jinx us. Look at what you have done to both of us. You have angered the football gods...

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good week Chef!

Despite a little birdie chirpin in my ear, I never really thought about Landry. Now West, I thought about him. :suds:

Until next time......

Yeah, I never would have started Murray. Hill, however, was a dopey crapshoot move.

I just can't help but mess around...;)

giphy.gif

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WEEK 12 RECAP

Do You Believe in Miracles . . . YES!!

The Jets 23 point 4th quarter comeback against the Dolphins in 2000 had nothing on Foot this week. In the greatest comeback in Monday Night Football history, Foot comes back from down 113-47 and puts 93 points on the board between Brees, Forsett, Steve Smith, and Jimmy Graham to keep his playoff hopes alive defeating Micro 140-116. Micro scored the 2nd most points in the league but still got stomped. However, on the bright side, Micro still holds the division lead by one game and now has a 3 game lead in breakdown. Micro falls to 8-4 and Foot moves to 7-5, but now Foot has the best division record so if they end up tied Foot will have the tiebreaker.

Chef slices and dices Smitty

In the other huge divisional game of the week, Chef defeated Smitty 110-100. Smitty got good games from Forte, Crowell, Hilton, Gostkowski, and Rivers and Chef got good games from Brady, McCoy (finally), and Vinatieri, but the difference turned out to be the defenses which were supposed to both be great this week. Chef's Colts D put up 22 against Jacksonville, but Smitty's Chiefs D could only manage 5 against the Raiders. The win moves Chef into first place based on the better division record. Both teams move to 9-3. Also, Chef's win has eliminated half of the league from playoff contention.

Milk is the 1st

The only other game on the docket to have playoff implications was Milk v. Haroldseattle as Milk would have had to lose all 3 division games to not win the division, well that's over with Milk's 103-76 victory over Harold. Milk won the game by 27 points, which is exactly how much his Bills D outscored Harold's Lions D. So, Milk is the first team to clinch the division title in either league as nobody in his division can catch him with only two weeks to play. Congratulations Milk!! Milk moves to 8-4 and Harold falls to 4-8.

The Others

Also in the B league OBX defeated Steelers 113-77 for his third win in the past 4 weeks. Great comeback on the season OBX who has now climbed all the way out of the bottom 2. OBX moves to 4-8 and Steelers is 3-9 and both have been eliminated from playoff contention. TK defeated Cheesehead 91-74 moving TK to 4-8 and Cheesehead to 5-7 with both eliminated from playoff contention and BK defeated Shady 109-93 moving to 6-6 in the AFC North of the MBBRL and dropping Shady to 5-7. Both have been eliminated from playoff contention, but BK still has a chance at the breakdown title only being 6 games back.

Notes from the B league

As you have probably guessed from the recaps, there are only five teams still alive for the four playoff spots and they rank as follows:

#1 Chef 9-3 (clinches division with win and Smitty loss, clinches playoff birth with win or Foot loss)
#2 Micro 8-4 (head-to-head win over Milk, clinches division with win and Foot loss)
#3 Milk 8-4 (clinched division and is in the playoffs)
#4 Smitty 9-3 (clinches playoff birth with win or Foot loss, can retake division lead with win and Chef loss)

Outside looking in

#5 Foot 7-5 (can still win the division if he catches Micro because he has the tiebreaker. Also has the tiebreaker over either Chef or Smitty if it is only a two way tie because he beat both of them head-to-head)

Interestingly enough, Foot has defeated every other current playoff team except Milk.

Right now, the only guaranteed ticket to the A league is the breakdown champion. Right now that would be:

#1 Micro 85-47
#2 Chef 82-50
#3 BK 79-50
#4 Smitty 74-55-3
#5 Shady 73-56-3

If Micro were the Super Bowl champion also, then Chef would move up because he has the best record tiebreaker over Smitty.

The Visogoths still have 4 of the top 5 teams in points for and breakdown. What a division!!

The two teams that will be deported to Canada right now will be:

Steelers (4 power ranking)
TK (6 power ranking)
OBX (10 power ranking)

And also since all of the cross division games are done, here is your breakdown by division:

#1 Visogoths (not shocking I know) 21-11 led by Smitty's 7-1
#2 Huns 14-18 led by Micro's 6-2
#3 Ostrogoths 13-19 led by Cheesehead's 5-3

This week's important B league games are:

Steelers v. Foot (line Steelers by 10) - Foot can take over the division lead with a win and Micro loss. Must win for Foot. Steelers is looking for that participation trophy.

OBX v. Micro (line Micro by 16) - Obx has saved his best for last, but Micro needs the win to say ahead of Foot.

Shady v. Smitty (line Shady by 14) - Smitty needs to win to keep up with Chef and to clinch a playoff birth. Shady is looking to play spoiler in the division.

BK v. Chef (line Chef by 15) - Chef looks to clinch a playoff birth with a win. BK looks to gain some breakdown games on Micro.

TK v. Haroldseattle (line Harold by 23) - one team will improve to 5-8 on the year.

Cheesehead v. Milk (line Milk by 9) - Milk will probably rest his starters though with the playoffs clinched.

I wanted you guys to go first this week, so the A league recap will follow.

MBBRL_Week_12.jpg