• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mays - Bears

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A third round pick For Mays... I would been on that like the fat kid on girl scout cookies.

uclabruin094

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We really haven't had Mays long at all. I wouldn't be against giving him a shot at OLB with his speed and size. He seems to play a lot better when closer to the Line of Scrimmage

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We really haven't had Mays long at all. I wouldn't be against giving him a shot at OLB with his speed and size. He seems to play a lot better when closer to the Line of Scrimmage

He's not a 3-4 OLB, a 4-3 Will at best. Not to mention, Fangio already shot that down.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I like Mays as much as any guy on this board, but if we were offered a 3rd, especially the Carolina 3rd, we should have traded him.
Carolina will finish last in their division.

Dropping from a 2nd to a 3rd is not bad, especially considering how deep Mays is buried on the depth chart.

If we are not willing to accept a 3rd, then we better make sure he lands on the 54-man roster. If he ends up on the practice squad I think he's as good as gone.

Giantsmojo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the 3rd round is just ESPN speculation, not anything that was actually discussed. If it was real then the 49ers should have jumped on it.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think the 3rd round is just ESPN speculation, not anything that was actually discussed. If it was real then the 49ers should have jumped on it.

agree, can't imagine any team offering a 3rd? they might as well wait till we cut him.

if i was on the other end of the table, i'd offer a 7th. MAYBE make it a conditional 6th?

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ouch! I admit, I feel genuinely bad for Taylor Mays.

Well to be fair, he didn't say never.. just said not right now. Sucks that Mays was drafted as a project by Singletary, and then Mike gets canned before the year is out. I'm sure he'll catch on somewhere else though, his career isn't over after the 49ers.

Just wonder what a statement like this from our D.C. does to whatever tradevalue he had, I can't imagine it did anything but drop any offer to a 5th round pick or below. Kinda hard to ask for anything more when your own coaching staff says he isn't an NFL player.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well to be fair, he didn't say never.. just said not right now. Sucks that Mays was drafted as a project by Singletary, and then Mike gets canned before the year is out. I'm sure he'll catch on somewhere else though, his career isn't over after the 49ers.

Just wonder what a statement like this from our D.C. does to whatever tradevalue he had, I can't imagine it did anything but drop any offer to a 5th round pick or below. Kinda hard to ask for anything more when your own coaching staff says he isn't an NFL player.

Exactly, not to mention his self-confidence. I think the league is willing to let Mays be cut and then bid for him on the open market. Honestly, as fast as Mays is, I am surprised Al did not offer us a future 1st rounder!

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just going to say that. Somebody send Al the footage of Mays running the forty. He might have just read the times and gotten the wrong idea.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, not to mention his self-confidence. I think the league is willing to let Mays be cut and then bid for him on the open market. Honestly, as fast as Mays is, I am surprised Al did not offer us a future 1st rounder!

Ha, he probably would have... if he didn't already give it to another team. I say we cut Al a deal and give up Mays for the raiders 2013 2nd rounder.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand why they wouldn't just trade him. IF it actually is true that the Bears offered a 3rd round draft pick then we would be absolutely crazy not to trade him, especially since he is a player that they don't see making the team. Now that I think of it they should accept ANY draft pick that the Bears would offer. What would we have to lose? We would lose a player they are going to cut anyway and gain a draft pick.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt the 49ers would deal with the bears

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't understand why they wouldn't just trade him. IF it actually is true that the Bears offered a 3rd round draft pick then we would be absolutely crazy not to trade him, especially since he is a player that they don't see making the team. Now that I think of it they should accept ANY draft pick that the Bears would offer. What would we have to lose? We would lose a player they are going to cut anyway and gain a draft pick.

From my experience, this is my perspective.

The whole point of broadcasting his availability was to find at least two teams with interest which could have resulted in an offer. At this point, the league knows he will be cut by or on the 30th.

The only reason the 49ers are keeping him on the roster at this point is in hopes of getting any team(s) interested to throw something at us just to get him in their camp sooner.

I completely understand the 49ers wanting to recoup something for a second round pick, but honestly, the 49ers should just cut their losses and let Mays walk so he can work the market if there is one for him.

As for the Bears offering a 3rd, man, unless Angelo was channeling his inner Al Davis, I just cannot believe that ever happened. If I am wrong, then Baalke should be terminated immediately and I mean no disrespect by saying that; but seriously, rejecting a 3rd for Mays would be a terminable offense.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From my experience, this is my perspective.

The whole point of broadcasting his availability was to find at least two teams with interest which could have resulted in an offer. At this point, the league knows he will be cut by or on the 30th.

The only reason the 49ers are keeping him on the roster at this point is in hopes of getting any team(s) interested to throw something at us just to get him in their camp sooner.

I completely understand the 49ers wanting to recoup something for a second round pick, but honestly, the 49ers should just cut their losses and let Mays walk so he can work the market if there is one for him.

As for the Bears offering a 3rd, man, unless Angelo was channeling his inner Al Davis, I just cannot believe that ever happened. If I am wrong, then Baalke should be terminated immediately and I mean no disrespect by saying that; but seriously, rejecting a 3rd for Mays would be a terminable offense.

I agree man, if they turned down a 3rd for Mays then not only should Baalke be fired but he should have his head examined. I just don't get why he would turn that down. That's why I'm a little skeptical on the idea of us getting offered a 3rd, it just doesn't make any sense not to take that offer.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like he got traded to Cincy so hopefully he'll get a fair shot at OLB there.

If at some point Manny moves on and he ends up starting that would be really funny if they had all USC linebackers with Rivers, Malauluga (sp?) and Mays. But I bet Manny will be very impressive this season and get an extension.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Looks like he got traded to Cincy so hopefully he'll get a fair shot at OLB there.

If at some point Manny moves on and he ends up starting that would be really funny if they had all USC linebackers with Rivers, Malauluga (sp?) and Mays. But I bet Manny will be very impressive this season and get an extension.

Yeah, I hope Mays finds a home in Cincy as well. As for Manny, I believe he is a better fit in a 43, so I think you're right.