• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mayhew moving up the list

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do, but because the price is right. Would like to see him extended at a similar price. Considering what some DTs are getting today he is not being paid like a superstar.

Thats the best of both worlds.

Money means nothing if you don't have the great players to spend it on. Still waiting for all these extensions I heard were gonna happen with all that left over Suh money that's just sitting around now.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read something today -- the top two teams in the NFL running the ball last year were Dallas and Seattle. Since Mayhew has taken over in Detroit -- he has had 8 1st round picks and spent 1 on the OL. Dallas and Seattle have had 5 in that time span and they have spent multiple 1st round picks each on OL.

Can't believe everything you read... Seattle only has one draft pick in the first round on OL.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't consider him MMII or Millenhew. Millen couldn't stop drafting WR's with top 10 picks. Mayhew, at least, has waited til the 2nd and 3rd round to throw away draft picks.

Mayhew's problem is -- he can't help himself when he sees a shiny new toy for the offense. Whether it is trading up to draft Best, trading up to draft LeShoure, signing Bush for RB's, to signing Burleson, drafting Young, drafting Broyles, drafting Williams (as well as Toone and Fuller), signing Tate for WR's, to drafting not one, but two TE's in the 1st round with a top 10 and a top 20 pick.

I read something today -- the top two teams in the NFL running the ball last year were Dallas and Seattle. Since Mayhew has taken over in Detroit -- he has had 8 1st round picks and spent 1 on the OL. Dallas and Seattle have had 5 in that time span and they have spent multiple 1st round picks each on OL.

Seattle has drafted a G in James Carpenter and a LT in Russell Okung, as well as top 50 pick on a Center (Max Unger) -- Unger was flipped in a deal to bring them Eric Ebron, I mean, Jimmy Graham.

Dallas has drafted not one, not two, but three pro bowl/all-pro OL in the last 4 years. Tyron Smith, Travis Frederick and Zack Martin.

If you want to improve your line, you have to invest picks to do so. I think it is great that Lombardi talks about Stafford being more aggressive and taking shots down field. My issue is -- if you don't have time to let the WR's run the route -- Stafford isn't going to have the opportunity to make more throws down field.

Yeah, but if you invest picks on the O-line and Stafford is still inaccurate.... Who would be left to blame? The wind in the dome?