• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Matt Kemp traded

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing Kemp play CF in Petco regularly would be lulzy.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kemp is going to be awful in san diego.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is Kemp will be playing a corner OF spot. I like this deal a lot for the Padres. They give up a catcher coming off a knee injury who used PEDS & was suspended for it. Wieland is coming off an injury as well. The only player in the deal that bothers me to give up is Efflin & he was in High A ball last year.

The Padres get Kemp for the next 5 years at 15M per. If he plays like he did in the second half of the season that's a huge bargain. Plus they didn't have to give up Tyson Ross or Matt Wisler.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good pickup for the Padres. Still funny the Dodgers would trade Kemp to a division rival.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kemp is going to be awful in san diego.

You know it. I know it. We all know it. :L
Hollywood wasn't big enough to contain his personality but San Diego will be. :wtf2:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do have to admit, he's going to look like a freakin statue in a bring-back-the-brown '84 Padres uniform though. :nod:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this deal for both teams. The Padres get a guy who, when he is right physically and mentally, is arguably the best player in baseball.

The Dodgers create a little more space in an already crowded outfield that got even more crowded with Joc Pederson being deemed ready for the big leagues.

Plus, Kemp made it pretty clear that he was unhappy last year. If he wasn't complaining about playing time, he was complaining about not playing centerfield. By trading him and Hanley Ramirez, the locker room atmosphere just improved too.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whos still on the dodgers. they seem to be letting go/trading their entire roster.

Im glad Seattle didn't end up with Kemp. Dont like his attitude. he has a large bustability factor. He got paid, He's probably clean now. and that park is huge.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kemp is scary on a contender but on a team like the Padres, I can see him being 'injured' for half of the year on a routine basis

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whos still on the dodgers. they seem to be letting go/trading their entire roster.

Im glad Seattle didn't end up with Kemp. Dont like his attitude. he has a large bustability factor. He got paid, He's probably clean now. and that park is huge.

Dodgers made some really good moves. Picked up Rollins and Kendrick, so their infield just got a lot better defensively. They got a potential starting catcher and getting Kemp out of the overcrowded outfield is basically addition through subtraction.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers made some really good moves. Picked up Rollins and Kendrick, so their infield just got a lot better defensively. They got a potential starting catcher and getting Kemp out of the overcrowded outfield is basically addition through subtraction.
The Dodgers are better if they get to the postseason but they dont have the same depth to get there, imo. Rollins is a guy you'd want to count on in a series but I could see his numbers falling off at any point given his age.

Its weird to see the Dodgers make so many moves. They were the most talented team in baseball last year except that their Ace isnt an Ace in the postseason for one reason or another.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dodgers are better if they get to the postseason but they dont have the same depth to get there, imo. Rollins is a guy you'd want to count on in a series but I could see his numbers falling off at any point given his age.

Its weird to see the Dodgers make so many moves. They were the most talented team in baseball last year except that their Ace isnt an Ace in the postseason for one reason or another.

The Dodgers 2 biggest issues last year were defense and middle relief. They have addressed the defense. Now they need to address middle relievers. Getting middle relievers may be tough this off season though because, if memory serves, Colletti gave a lot of money to guys like Brandon League and Brian Wilson who were horrible last year. League's pretty much been horrible since the day the Dodgers got him.

Last year, if the Dodgers starters didn't get them to at least the 7th inning, the Dodgers were in trouble. I think that's part of what happened to Kershaw in the playoffs. If he started to struggle, they pretty much had to just hope that he could get himself out of it.

I remember when he went on short rest last year in the playoffs, was cruising along and then the wheels started coming off. Mattingly was stuck between a rock and a hard place. Stick with his ace and hope he can work through it, or bring in a middle reliever and pray that he wasn't bringing a gas can to the mound with him.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kershaw looked like an ace for all but 2 innings to me. Cards made it to the NLCS and their ace was pitiful.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do have to admit, he's going to look like a freakin statue in a bring-back-the-brown '84 Padres uniform though. :nod:

Personally I think the Padres paid to much to get him. They still have to pay 70 million on the remaining portion of his contract and well.... You know the rest

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The analysis I have been hearing today is that the Dodgers went from being an offensive team with good fire power to being a much better defensive team that has run stoppers in the outfield and a run stopper is equal to hitting a run Their fire power went down, but in the long term, their farming system will be producing younger players at a cheaper rate in a few years and they won't have to continue to overpay for older players with inflated contracts.