• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Matador hit on Kopitar

Psych3man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freaking dirty hit at the knees and Kopi never had the puck.
Kopi not the same after. Skated gingerly. Peeled off in OT when would have attacked.
Gotta believe team did not retaliate because of close game.
But if Kopitar is injured like I think he is, team will go after Matadick next game.
Thoughts from others?

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thought is the Brown was RIGHT there and watched the whole thing....again and did nothing. This isn't game 7 its a regular season game and you just watched your C taken out during a chippy game, you have to do something. Things like this are why he is not C

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thought is the Brown was RIGHT there and watched the whole thing....again and did nothing. This isn't game 7 its a regular season game and you just watched your C taken out during a chippy game, you have to do something. Things like this are why he is not C

Exactly. He is a coward of a captain and two Cups or not, he is a pussy. Very happy he was stripped of the C (but not the way it was done).

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yeah, someone needs to lay that dude out next time and go after one of their stars. If Clifford is in the game someone is getting punched out.

Kopitar was nowhere near the puck and the guy went low hip check style for no reason at all.

Fox4Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me it looks like he loses the puck and then turns quick to get to the bench or get back on D, doesn't look intentional to me it looks like turns and runs into him on accident.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I see it the more it pisses me off, Brown is watching it....best seat in the house 10' away skating right at the play....fucking do something, yell at him, piss your pants, pull his hair....fucking anything to show your support for your team

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me it looks like he loses the puck and then turns quick to get to the bench or get back on D, doesn't look intentional to me it looks like turns and runs into him on accident.

Come on dude, you play and I play - when was the last time after you lost a puck you peeled off backwards and bent down like that? My guess is going to be never. We all know how to hip check, and that my friend is classic form. A bit low from what I am seeing and definitely interference.

Montour knew exactly what he was doing and my guess is there will be payback in the next game. If the first game is any indication of how this series will go this season we are in for a treat.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I see it the more it pisses me off, Brown is watching it....best seat in the house 10' away skating right at the play....fucking do something, yell at him, piss your pants, pull his hair....fucking anything to show your support for your team

I bet J-Blow would have swung his purse at him at least.

=)~~

Saw this on NHL.com, a rookie like Kempe is stepping up to help his goalie where as we all know what Brown's role would have been - last man in, 8 bodies separating him from the action, offering to make a f**king taco for the guy he is supposed to be jostling with flashing his toothless mug.

Kempe is still earning his stripes in the NHL as is and doesn't have to do this but guess what, he is and does. He has a confidence about him I like. After his goal against Anaheim, mid celebration he talks shit to a Duck going by.

That is how you get emotionally engaged and what your teammates end up feeding off of. Actions like this will earn respect not only in the locker room but across the league.

Quick Perry.JPG

Fox4Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on dude, you play and I play - when was the last time after you lost a puck you peeled off backwards and bent down like that? My guess is going to be never. We all know how to hip check, and that my friend is classic form. A bit low from what I am seeing and definitely interference.

Montour knew exactly what he was doing and my guess is there will be payback in the next game. If the first game is any indication of how this series will go this season we are in for a treat.

I can see the argument. I will say that if I am skating in and plan to make a quick turn I will get my center of gravity real low to make the turn, however once I am faced the other direction I tend to get back up pretty quick. Doesn't look like he ever made an effort to get back up, he stayed low throughout. I watch it over and over and it also looks like he skates backwards slightly to make the contact. These guys are really good at hiding this stuff and did a pretty good job at making it look incidental. I'm not in checking leagues so I don't know the little nuances like you probably do.