• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mason chooses the Jets

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schefter on Twitter.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets signed WR Derrick Mason, formerly of the Ravens.
It's a surprising move, as not only is Mason electing to move on from his home for the past six years, but likely for less money than he could have made in Baltimore (at least according to Rex Ryan). His signing shouldn't necessarily affect Plaxico Burress' fantasy stock, but may cap Dustin Keller's, who was in for a boost in targets after the Jets cut Jerricho Cotchery. However, it's also possible Mason could be finished. He visibly lost a step in 2010, topping 80 yards receiving in a game only twice while managing just one catch in Baltimore's two playoff games.
Related: Plaxico Burress, Ravens, Dustin Keller

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Th jets could have quit the mess at WR. If Plax can stay healthy he should easily be their #2 guy. I'm not sure how much Mason has left in him, but it can't be much more than Cotchery.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mason still has game. He's like the energizer bunny.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha i know right? He did retire for a little while last year. I'm not sure how much better off he will be in NY. Flacco > Sanchez.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha i know right? He did retire for a little while last year. I'm not sure how much better off he will be in NY. Flacco > Sanchez.

True, but the Jets are better than the Ravens overall. At this point I think he wants to be on a Super Bowl winning team. The Jets have that feel to them, a little more than the Ravens do. It's a gamble either way, and if I were in his shoes... I think I'd choose the Jets too.

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well crap. I was hoping he'd come back to Baltimore. Old reliable Mason. Gonna miss him.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but the Jets are better than the Ravens overall. At this point I think he wants to be on a Super Bowl winning team. The Jets have that feel to them, a little more than the Ravens do. It's a gamble either way, and if I were in his shoes... I think I'd choose the Jets too.

That is a tough call. I think they're about the same as far as talent and all of that goes. Both teams have taken a small step backwards this year IMO. The Ravens could have used him more this year, though.