• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Martin Jones

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that Jones lost, does Scrivens get back in? Also, once Quick is back, Scrivens gets traded and Jones is the back up?

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that Jones lost, does Scrivens get back in?

I think it's time to give Scrivens some more playing time for sure.

The SportsHoopla about Jones is over, dude lost his first game, started 9 of the last 10. Scrivens deserves a shot to reclaim his de facto number one spot me thinks.

Also, once Quick is back, Scrivens gets traded and Jones is the back up?

I wouldn't just yet. Groins are a weird thing and they may seem healed but a weird move and it's back. Just think of Frolov, who always seemed to have groin problems. He would be fine for 2 weeks after coming back from a groin injury and tweak it again on an innocent looking play and be out another 5 games.

Considering what type of goalie Quick is and how much he relies on his legs and post to post coverage, I wouldn't move Scrivens just yet. Plus there is plenty of time until the trade deadline as well as UFA period so Scrivens' situation can be tabled for now and he can just focus on being a part of the team and giving them a shot to win every night until Quick returns and the staff feels comfortable he is 100% healed up.

As well as Jones has played, as soon as Quick comes back I strongly feel he is being sent back to Manchester, mainly for Waivers reasons - he is exempt, Scrivens is not.

Scrivens will most likely not be here next season, which is when Jones gets his full time NHL roster spot as Quick's new backup.

Last edited by a moderator:

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot to mention unless Scrivens nets a decent return by the deadline and by all indications he is not part of the 2014 team for either his own reasons or the Kings so they decide to move him before he walks on July 1 and they get nothing.

Scrivens will only net a 3rd round draft pick tops IMO and the Kings don't really have a need to trade him, so I see him staying here until his contract expires June 30. Unless some moron GM (too bad Feaster just got ousted in Calgary) ponies up a T6 LW or a 1st round pick for Scrivens, which is extremely unlikely and almost impossible, I don't think he gets traded this season.

Jones has a limited body of work, and I don't think the Kings will bank on him playing at this pace throughout a season on only 9 NHL games. Just remember guys like Blaine Lacher, Jim Carrey, etc. - they started off great but didn't even last 1 real NHL season.

Last edited by a moderator: