• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Marte

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you see his second half going? His HR/Fly Ball rate is 30%. That just cannot sustain. He's also hitting more ground balls this year. Usually around .290, he seems due for an uptick in average being at .250 right now...but his new power philosophy doesn't seem to coincide with that.

I have a chance to move him for Lester, who has two starts next week (vs Cin, @Min). I am in 2nd place right now and am playing the guy in 1st next week. His staff is awesome and he has eight starts (me too), but this would bring me to nine (Garcia @Min would hit the bench).

So I guess I'm asking if you think Lester is okay going forward too?

@Chef99 , @MilkSpiller22 , @Reverend Jim , @broncosmitty , @Microwahevo and anyone else. ...appreciated!

This is my points league team, but wanted a separate thread to have a chat about Marte.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not a lester fan at all... but in a points league pitchers score so much more than offensive players... Do you need pitching help, or is this just because he has 2 starts this week??

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a standard scoring league. Lester has 120 points and Marte has 150 right now.

Kind of both. I could use good Lester, but his two start week is playing a factor, especially against the league leader...and some of it is scared of a big slump from Marte.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a standard scoring league. Lester has 120 points and Marte has 150 right now.

Kind of both. I could use good Lester, but his two start week is playing a factor, especially against the league leader...and some of it is scared of a big slump from Marte.

this is tricky... because i think you can buy low on lester... and although i think this will ultimately be a fair trade, i think Marte right now can fetch you a better pitcher... But if you are scared about Marte's value, and think he will fall, then you might not have much time to get a better offer...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is pretty stingy with their aces. I'm not really big on Lester either, otherwise I wouldn't be asking, but I guess I'm looking for a like mind on Marte....or is he gonna finish 25/25?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never even thought twice about trading or benching Marte. He's all good with me. I've got Lester in another league, and I think I've benched him once, early on. A couple of blips here and there, but overall a good guy to have. I guess I'd be more worried about him than Marte.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never even thought twice about trading or benching Marte. He's all good with me. I've got Lester in another league, and I think I've benched him once, early on. A couple of blips here and there, but overall a good guy to have. I guess I'd be more worried about him than Marte.

What if you were offered Lester and Josh Hamilton for your Marte and Bettis? You had DeShields to insert for Marte and Lester had two starts for the next week in which you are facing the first place team?

...see my dilemma?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if you were offered Lester and Josh Hamilton for your Marte and Bettis? You had DeShields to insert for Marte and Lester had two starts for the next week in which you are facing the first place team?

...see my dilemma?

I do...man, I'd rather have Marte for the long haul. But that's a tough decision. Who knows what's gonna happen with DeShields, or Hamilton, for that matter? Haha, if Bettis didn't pitch for the Rockies, I'd say Hells No. ;)

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure that I plan on Marte continuing his power numbers. (You've done your homework in that department TKO.). But I don't expect him to drop off the table either. (I don't believe there is an outfielder who has more steals AND more HRs right now.). With a slight drop in round trippers he'd have a small dip in RBI. But he should keep on swiping bags and scoring runs like he's been doing. (He's 8th in scoring for outfielders I believe.)

I'm not that big on Lester. (Relatively, as far as aces go.)And once summer comes to Wrigley, I'll be even less. But..... It all depends on who else you have in the outfield. (Even though outfield is the easiest to find a starter from the waiver wire.)

That extra start could be what pushes you ahead in points for the week.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure that I plan on Marte continuing his power numbers. (You've done your homework in that department TKO.). But I don't expect him to drop off the table either. (I don't believe there is an outfielder who has more steals AND more HRs right now.). With a slight drop in round trippers he'd have a small dip in RBI. But he should keep on swiping bags and scoring runs like he's been doing. (He's 8th in scoring for outfielders I believe.)

I'm not that big on Lester. (Relatively, as far as aces go.)And once summer comes to Wrigley, I'll be even less. But..... It all depends on who else you have in the outfield. (Even though outfield is the easiest to find a starter from the waiver wire.)

That extra start could be what pushes you ahead in points for the week.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks guys. I over think too much sometimes.....REJECTED!

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as outfielders with HRs and SBs go:

1: J-Up 12/12
2: Marte 12/11
3: with 12/7.......SOOOOOOUUUZZAAAA!!! :clap::clap::clap:

We won't mention batting average...;)