• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mark Ingram

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to think about anything other than Wil leaving. But was wondering if anyone thought Ingram could be a sneaky play next year. Maybe if he get traded to the right team or if Spores or Piere move on? Any thoughts would be appreciated greatly.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry about spelling errors

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to think about anything other than Wil leaving. But was wondering if anyone thought Ingram could be a sneaky play next year. Maybe if he get traded to the right team or if Spores or Piere move on? Any thoughts would be appreciated greatly.

I guess in the right situation it could happen. This is really a :noidea: kinda question.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I thought he would break out this year with Ivory leaving. After seeing how the RB situation went down in NO this year I would say Frenchie is the guy to have and even then you can't depend on him for much more than a bye week fill in. If Ingram gets shipped then he could be a sneaky play but in NO I'd not touch him any earlier than the 10th-12th...............if even then.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am trying to narrow my keepers. I have to drop one of these guys and I think Ingram being an ex hiesman might be worth taking the gamble on. I have to drop 2 of the foloowing guys in a 45 man keeper league.

Drop 2 oif these guys.

Mark Ingram

Steven Jackson -
He is old but the Falcons have stated they would like to keep for next plus not too manu full load backs and if Atl gets healthy mabye just maybe he could be a top back where he was projected to go at the start of the season.

Bobby Rainey - was probably gonna drop cause of martin?

Toby Gerhart - want to keep him cause he could be traded and has looked great on limited duty.

Bryce Brown - I def want to keep cause he is on injury away from being a starter in a 60-70 play a game offense.

Jordan Todman - he might have an outside shot at taking over since I think MJD may be let go or may get hurt.

Anyway how would you rank theses RBS? from 1 to 6 and do think Ingram is worth keeping. Thanks in advance!

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are his(Ingram) odds of being traded?

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am trying to narrow my keepers. I have to drop one of these guys and I think Ingram being an ex hiesman might be worth taking the gamble on. I have to drop 2 of the foloowing guys in a 45 man keeper league.

Drop 2 oif these guys.

Mark Ingram

Steven Jackson -
He is old but the Falcons have stated they would like to keep for next plus not too manu full load backs and if Atl gets healthy mabye just maybe he could be a top back where he was projected to go at the start of the season.

Bobby Rainey - was probably gonna drop cause of martin?

Toby Gerhart - want to keep him cause he could be traded and has looked great on limited duty.

Bryce Brown - I def want to keep cause he is on injury away from being a starter in a 60-70 play a game offense.

Jordan Todman - he might have an outside shot at taking over since I think MJD may be let go or may get hurt.

Anyway how would you rank theses RBS? from 1 to 6 and do think Ingram is worth keeping. Thanks in advance!
Pretty early to be talking about these guys for keepers especially since I'm not sure about some of these guys contract situations but as of right now I'd probably go with:
Todman (MJD might not be back)
SJax (Dude still runs hard and in all fairness their offense has been a cluster; limited carries this year may let him extend one more year).
Brown (I like this kid but I'm not sure if he is movable or not; read that he plans on being a #1 back next year but not sure where)
Ingram (if he is a Saint next year along with Frenchie and Sproles)
Rainey (if Martin comes back 100% Rainey won't see the field too often)
Gerhart (as long as he is a Viking he is just a handcuff)

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ingram is last on that list, for me. If he is somewhere else, well, maybe I'll take another look, but that's a big if and a big maybe. Foot, I'm sure you are aware that former Heisman means absolutely nothing.

Are you just throwing this out for future reference, or do you have a deadline?

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Sam,

TKO am really trying to see how people rank these RBs as far as pure speculation, gut feelings, inside information, etc. for next year. I am probably going to need to drop 2 of these guys to get down to the minimum. i also have AP and Woodhead who i am keeping for sure but I was mostly curious of 2 things. How they would rank them and where Ingram falls on the list. Also, hearing any feelings or info as to where some of you guys thing some of them might end up would be greatly welcomed from all your expertise! I mean i have my feelings too but would love to hear more!

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet he ends up somewhere else......................

(Rotoworld)According to the Times Union, it "is believed" that the Jaguars want impending free agent Maurice Jones-Drew back "at a reasonable price" and with an "adjusted role."
Analysis: Given all the holes on the Jaguars roster, we'd be surprised if they spent much money at all on a declining 29-year-old running back. Ask the Falcons how their three-year, $12 million contract with Steven Jackson worked out. Jones-Drew, who feels like he has "a lot" left, is going to find a colder market than he expects come March. It's unclear if he'd be willing to accept a two-year deal with very little guaranteed money and the understanding he's now a committee back.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he is moved I would put him at the top of this list.

(KFFL)Philadelphia Eagles RB Bryce Brown has a goal to start in the 2014 season. "That's obviously a goal of mine going into next year. I think I can," Brown said. "That's what I'm going to be working toward, whether I'm here or I'm somewhere else."

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks sam. How would rank all those RBs from 1 to 6?

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just on speculation which ones you would keep how would you rank them 1 through 6 as of right now?

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just on speculation which ones you would keep how would you rank them 1 through 6 as of right now?

I ranked em on another post^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

List your offensive players..............don't need to see all 40 of your players just the offense. BTW, when do you have to name your keepers?

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had high hopes for Ingram this year also. Especially after reading preseason reports that the Saints wanted him to be the primary ball carrier.

He's a bum. Plain and simple. First round pick on a team where every other player seems to shine - except him. In fact he had less rushing attempts this year than in his previous two season. I'm avoiding Ingram next year like the plague. And someone said if he gets into another system? If a player can't stand out in the Saints offense, there is less hope in another system IMO.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a player can't stand out in the Saints offense, there is less hope in another system IMO.

Reggie Bush would disagree, but I agree with your point.

Sorry Foot, it's hard to rank them, because I don't see any of them starting (other than SJax), and maybe Todman.

So...
1. SJax
2. Todman
3, 4, 5. Rainey, Brown, Gerhart (but these are totally interchangeable based on what happens)
6. Heisman

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks TKO that's exactly what i was looking for Joe and Sam for you input too.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's something that might interest you Foot. Joe, TKO, I agree and disagree all in one.....lol (I'm good at that). If Ingram was to be moved I could see taking a flier on him and if he won the starting gig somewhere I could see him moving into the late-middle rounds. If you look at his stats he did average over 4 YPC (not world beating by any means) but also did not get consistant touches (except for in a few games and did decent in them). My problem with any of the Saints backs is you never know who is gonna get the touches and to me that just makes me want to stay away.

(KFFL)The New Orleans Saints could consider releasing RB Mark Ingram or Pierre Thomas this offseason because RB Khiry Robinson has received a bigger role in the offense. The team would save around $1.4 million if Ingram is released and $2.9 million if Thomas is released.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, this is what makes the fantasy offseason somewhat interesting and not so boring. We are having discussion on a RB that neither of us will probably draft next year........................

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 100 percent that if Ingram stays in NO then he will likely continue to do nothing. I just was thinking if goes somewhere like Cleveland for cheap i could see Norv making him into something and maybe just maybe a stud! I guess if he goes to Cleveland it would be a good sign in it's own right since Norv Turner really seems to know Rbs.