• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mark Gasol

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it is a long long shot, but why not? This W's team is not a same as the other teams. I do think players want to come here and play with our small 3. And Mark Gasol is the top 3 center, if we have a chance, then we should go for it. This is what teams like the Lakers and Celtics do every year if there is a big name FA on a market. Obviously, we have to move DLee first. And once we sign MG, THEN we trade Bogut. I think many teams would love to get Bogut. He is a bargain for 12M.

This might work. But rumor mills that MG will stay in Memphis now.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way the Warriors would be able to obtain Marc Gasol would be in a sign and trade. Even if they trade David Lee and got 0 salary back, the Warriors wouldn't be able to offer Gasol anywhere near his asking max price.

In other words, there's no way of realistically getting any major free agent this year without a sign and trade.

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way the Warriors would be able to obtain Marc Gasol would be in a sign and trade. Even if they trade David Lee and got 0 salary back, the Warriors wouldn't be able to offer Gasol anywhere near his asking max price.

In other words, there's no way of realistically getting any major free agent this year without a sign and trade.

If they trade DLee for pick and get $0 salary back, which will free up 17M, then sign MG to 21M per year and pay the luxury tax until they trade Bogut for draft pick.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they trade DLee for pick and get $0 salary back, which will free up 17M, then sign MG to 21M per year and pay the luxury tax until they trade Bogut for draft pick.

The Warriors wouldn't be able to offer Gasol 21M if they only have 17M in cap space. The only way a team can go over the salary cap is to retain it's own players (which will be the case for Draymond Green).

Also the last time we tried to shed expiring contracts (Biedrins and Jefferson), the Warriors had to give up 4 draft picks, 2 first and 2 seconds. So the Warriors would have to dump Lee's contract and take 0 back. In addition the Warriors would have to dump Bogut and then take no salary back. And even in those cases, the Warriors would still be huge into the luxury tax, with Klay's new deal and Draymond's kicking in, plus hypothetical Gasol.

Long story short: There's no plausible way for the Warriors to dump 27M in yearly salary without taking any back. Other team's don't want to lock up cap space before the big projected cap jump in the next year with a huge free agent class.

IMO.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we just need to keep on doing what we've been doing and get either the best player available or else if we have a chance at a big guy we go for it. And, if we can, we can try to move Bogut in addition to Lee.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we just need to keep on doing what we've been doing and get either the best player available or else if we have a chance at a big guy we go for it. And, if we can, we can try to move Bogut in addition to Lee.

It'll be interesting to see what the Warriors do with Ezeli, who along with HB will be up for an extension this summer. I think the Warriors have been grooming Ezeli to be the eventual center for the team. He's shown a lot of promise this past year and has been really improving.

Bogut has 2 more years left on his contract, which I think the Warriors will let ride out unless they get an opportunity to sign a big name free agent next summer. This summer, there's no way the Warriors get rid of Bogut. Ezeli still has to prove himself worthy of that starting gig.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay. I do agree that Ezeli is coming along well. He still has a long way to go, but with more quality playing time with the starters, he'll come along well.

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way a team can go over the salary cap is to retain it's own players

Thanks CitySushi, I remembered this now. No chance for the Dub to get MG then.

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CitySushi, the Cavs is way under the cap right now, $45M. They can let Haywood go, which put them @ $35M. Let's say that Lebron also exercises his option, can they go out and sign a couple big name players, then go back and sign their own players like Love and Lebron?

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CitySushi, the Cavs is way under the cap right now, $45M. They can let Haywood go, which put them @ $35M. Let's say that Lebron also exercises his option, can they go out and sign a couple big name players, then go back and sign their own players like Love and Lebron?

Wish I could help, but the extent of my knowledge of the cap was exhausted earlier. The cap is really complicated with things like "bird right" and "mid level exceptions", "bi-annual exception" and "tax payer exception". Then if teams make qualifying offers to their restricted free agents, it hinders offers that another team can offer.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it is a long long shot, but why not? This W's team is not a same as the other teams. I do think players want to come here and play with our small 3. And Mark Gasol is the top 3 center, if we have a chance, then we should go for it. This is what teams like the Lakers and Celtics do every year if there is a big name FA on a market. Obviously, we have to move DLee first. And once we sign MG, THEN we trade Bogut. I think many teams would love to get Bogut. He is a bargain for 12M.

This might work. But rumor mills that MG will stay in Memphis now.
I would love for the Dubs to land this guy.

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love for the Dubs to land this guy.

I think the only way that the Dubs can get MG is that MG does not want to go back to Memphis. We can offer Memphis Dlee (Dubs will pick up 7M off the 17M contract), Bogut, and maybe HB or 1-2 unprotected 1st. Boy, with MG...you can call "Dynasty Warriors"....keep on dreaming :)

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the only way that the Dubs can get MG is that MG does not want to go back to Memphis. We can offer Memphis Dlee (Dubs will pick up 7M off the 17M contract), Bogut, and maybe HB or 1-2 unprotected 1st. Boy, with MG...you can call "Dynasty Warriors"....keep on dreaming :)
We saw that Bogut is not as valuable as we once thought since he sat out the final two games of the Cavs series. They discovered that you don't even need to guard him because he will not shoot the ball under any circumstances other than a dunk or a put back. I'd give up him and Lee for Gasol.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We saw that Bogut is not as valuable as we once thought since he sat out the final two games of the Cavs series. They discovered that you don't even need to guard him because he will not shoot the ball under any circumstances other than a dunk or a put back. I'd give up him and Lee for Gasol.

The question is would the Grizzlies accept that. I think they force the Warriors to hang up from too much laughter by the Grizzlies front office.

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question is would the Grizzlies accept that. I think they force the Warriors to hang up from too much laughter by the Grizzlies front office.

It is all depend on MG. If MG wants to come to here, and plays with a good fun upcoming team. The Grizzlies might have no other choices. MG may sign with with NY or Boston, and they get nothing out of it. I think the offer that I propose is not a bad one for them to take. You get 2 legit starters in Dlee (16M), Bogut (12M), and a 1st round or HB. Dubs will have to pick up some of Lee's contract those. Memphis can always trade both Lee and Bogut for other players and picks. Their salaries is not that high as we have seen in the last couple days from some of the players are getting.

In the past, these type of deals normallly went to teams like the Celtics, Lakers, and the Heats. With the magic of Jerry West, this might go through if the Dubs want to MG. They should consider it.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is all depend on MG. If MG wants to come to here, and plays with a good fun upcoming team. The Grizzlies might have no other choices. MG may sign with with NY or Boston, and they get nothing out of it. I think the offer that I propose is not a bad one for them to take. You get 2 legit starters in Dlee (16M), Bogut (12M), and a 1st round or HB. Dubs will have to pick up some of Lee's contract those. Memphis can always trade both Lee and Bogut for other players and picks. Their salaries is not that high as we have seen in the last couple days from some of the players are getting.

In the past, these type of deals normallly went to teams like the Celtics, Lakers, and the Heats. With the magic of Jerry West, this might go through if the Dubs want to MG. They should consider it.

I would love to have Gasol. I personally think he's the best center in the NBA.

I'm sure the Warriors have considered it. The new ownership has shown they're willing to put their names out there with all the big name free agents.

But it's probably not happening. Gasol has said he's not leaving Memphis and not even entertaining any teams to pitch him offers. He's staying in Memphis.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL, you would have to drug the Memphis front office for a chance of that happening. I would love having Gasol too, but it is unrealistic. I do like Bogut but Gasol is better all around.