• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Mariners Vs Red Sox 6/14 - 6/17

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I don't think we even fully grasp what that does to the pitches Cruz sees. I just go back to the first game of the series against Kimbrel. Even with Cruz as the winning run, he got nothing in the strike zone and then up comes Seagar to watch two pitches down the pipe. Next night same thing, they walked Cruz to load the bases for Seagar. Its gonna become a massive issue if not dealt with. I think Healy is ok at 6th but I'd move Gamel or Span to 5th.
I get that Seager has been a second half of the season hitter, but I don't get why team management doesn't then stop treating him like his second half self through the first half of the season. He's a #8 hitter at best over the first half. Put him there and move him down if/when he gets hot enough to deserve it.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2-2 was really the best case scenario. Nothing to hang a head in shame about. On to NY.

Well ya, .500 puts up just as good as the Sox, Yankees and Astros against .500 plus teams. Skip the early season Astros beat down and the M's are just as
I get that Seager has been a second half of the season hitter, but I don't get why team management doesn't then stop treating him like his second half self through the first half of the season. He's a #8 hitter at best over the first half. Put him there and move him down if/when he gets hot enough to deserve it.

With Seager it seems mostly mental. The shift probably has something to do with it but it seems his confidence has been shaken and opposing teams intentionally walking Cruz to get to him can't help. Not really sure what Edgar can do to help either, no matter how great a coach is he can't help a guys confidence.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shame the M's came up light yesterday but 2-2 split with a top team is a good sign they can compete. Let's hope for a 3-3 record and get the hell out.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to add in fact the M's are back on the radar. I was able to watch 3 of 4 over the weekend but had to listen to the Sox broadcast team. They had nothing but positive things to say about the rise of the team and how well they're playing. Very refreshing to hear since us fans haven't had much to cheer for for a good long while.

Also, the grasshoppers that sell at Safeco almost sent the one announcer home sick in Thursday's night game. I kind of felt bad for him.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fantastic series against the Sox. A 2-2 split was something many of us had hoped for.

Speaking of .500. I like to keep track of this the rest of the way and with 90 games left in the season, a .500 record the rest of the way yields 91 wins, this has continue to trend upward all of June.

With a poor AL central no WC team will come out from there and a nice cushion over the Angels, I am expecting this team to make the postseason barring a collapse.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am recording tomorrow's turn up the clock game from '98(?). Should be fun to listen to DN again on the call.

I am through 3 innings of the game (I will finish tomorrow) and a couple things I noticed:

1- I kept waiting for someone to challenge a call.
2- No talk about pitch count
3- At 45 I had bigger arms than anyone on the Mariners.
4- How come I don't remember Rico Rossy?
5- Arod, Griffey, then Edgar in the batting order. How did we ever lose?

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am through 3 innings of the game (I will finish tomorrow) and a couple things I noticed:

1- I kept waiting for someone to challenge a call.
2- No talk about pitch count
3- At 45 I had bigger arms than anyone on the Mariners.
4- How come I don't remember Rico Rossy?
5- Arod, Griffey, then Edgar in the batting order. How did we ever lose?

Yeah man, this was several years ago, but I was watching baseball tonight and they were talking about baseball in the 90s and one of the talking heads (Kurkjian maybe) was talking about how the M's had ARod, Griffey, Edgar and Buhner in the middle of the lineup for years and brought up Randy and Moyer and he made an offhand comment something like "how did none of those M's teams win a pennant." Feels bad.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah man, this was several years ago, but I was watching baseball tonight and they were talking about baseball in the 90s and one of the talking heads (Kurkjian maybe) was talking about how the M's had ARod, Griffey, Edgar and Buhner in the middle of the lineup for years and brought up Randy and Moyer and he made an offhand comment something like "how did none of those M's teams win a pennant." Feels bad.

Oh I remember those years well. The problem was they had 4 great players, 2 pretty good players, and then several so-so players that put up good numbers because of those around them. They never developed a staff behind Randy so it was hard to get on long winning streaks and when they did make the playoffs they had nobody on the mound to carry them after Randy once again. Even Moyer was regular season guy and not a playoff guy. He had to fool you to win and in the playoffs the scouting when up 100X. You could scout Randy but he would still just blow you away. You have to have 2 studs at the top of your rotation to win in the playoffs and a 3rd guy that can keep the other team close while hoping your offense takes over. Team game and we have parts.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd really like to be wrong on this stretch and do more than win 3 or maybe 4 games. Please M's, make me eat those words.

Just feels like that starting staff is going to look a lot more like what we thought they would against real dangerous MLB hitting and those bats are going to cool off a bit against those pitching staffs. 2-2 over this stand would be amazing really.
Sadly, it turned out as expected. Protected home turf, and can't play on the road against the big 3 in the AL right now.