• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Mariners @ Rockies July 13-15

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thankfully I went outside to finish up some yard work instead of watching the end of this shit show. Turned out it was a rerun anyway.

At 3-7 over their last 10 games, only the Royals has been a worst team in all of the Major Leagues over the last 10.

A's are about to win their game leaving the M's tenuous lead over the second wild card slot at 3 games.

This is Mariner baseball.

Has any fan base ever felt worse about a team 19 games above .500 at the break? :noidea:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice clean sweep, broom stick M’s ...

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck em' if they can't take a joke :kissass:

Lineman16

Yep
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a major problem they have is 4 of the 5 pitcher we throw out are junk ball bitches. Teams in a series see the same stuff over and over. Imagine seeing a knuckle ball pitcher 4 games in a row. Teams adapt. That said Paxton should thrive after a team has been sitting on 85 stuff and you throw 96+....Hard to understand WTF is going on.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously, there's a lot that these guys have to go over once they're back from the All-Star Break, especially these pussies on the mound who could rival Blair Walsh for biggest chokes!

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a major problem they have is 4 of the 5 pitcher we throw out are junk ball bitches. Teams in a series see the same stuff over and over. Imagine seeing a knuckle ball pitcher 4 games in a row. Teams adapt. That said Paxton should thrive after a team has been sitting on 85 stuff and you throw 96+....Hard to understand WTF is going on.

Which also makes me scratch my head on why we are looking at guys like Happ and Hamels. Repeat pitchers of what we have.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how an offense manages to go homerless in a series at Coors but congrats Mariners. Turns out Coors field didn't fix the offense like ROOT wanted to make us think it would in Anaheim.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's a fair point however at the same time I think Zunino being behind the plate will help fix the starters slightly. He's not perfect back there, but if you watch Freitas and Hermann back there its not even a comparison.

The offense is a bigger concern. Giant holes at leadoff hitter, CF and 1B that are glaring from the outside but we seem unwilling to make any major change offensively unless they absolutely have to

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how an offense manages to go homerless in a series at Coors but congrats Mariners. Turns out Coors field didn't fix the offense like ROOT wanted to make us think it would in Anaheim.
I had no doubt the team would struggle there. They were already having offensive issues and had to sit out arguably their most dangerous hitter because of NL rules. Why on earth would that have created an offensive upswing? No Z, no Cruz, Seager back to being Seager again, no power in our SS/2nd slots, Haniger and Healy cold as ice right now.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had no doubt the team would struggle there. They were already having offensive issues and had to sit out arguably their most dangerous hitter because of NL rules. Why on earth would that have created an offensive upswing? No Z, no Cruz, Seager back to being Seager again, no power in our SS/2nd slots, Haniger and Healy cold as ice right now.

I told myself I wasn't gonna watch this weekend but I was at a bar Saturday so accidently caught a few innings. I knew they were getting swept. This team only knows how to win 3-2 games and you cant do that against the Rockies. Low and behold they actually had a 3-2 lead yesterday but never go to Diaz because we insist on making the Nicasio thing work. Servais and his damn bullpen management

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I told myself I wasn't gonna watch this weekend but I was at a bar Saturday so accidently caught a few innings. I knew they were getting swept. This team only knows how to win 3-2 games and you cant do that against the Rockies. Low and behold they actually had a 3-2 lead yesterday but never go to Diaz because we insist on making the Nicasio thing work. Servais and his damn bullpen management

I've been bitching about Servais and his inability to manage the pitching staff since he came on board. Apparently Dipoto (being an ex pitcher) must agree with Scott's handling of the pen. That being said, the Mariners, under the present leadership, will never be a post season contender unless Jerry requires Scott make major management changes. Unfortunately I do not see that happening because Dipoto and Servais are a "tight" team that we are going to be dealing with for some time now.