• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mariners moving first two home series

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this sucks.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this season happens it likely won't start until at least May, and that may be wishful thinking.

This thing isn't going away, nor slowing to the point we can resume normal life for a few months.
I agree that May is very well without a doubt "wishful thinking". None of us have ever been through a "crisis" like this before and who knows just how long or to what extent life is going to change for all of us, our families, friends etc. I think it's just a matter of time until we see folks, other than senior citizens with underlying issues, being severely impacted with this damn virus. Medical professionals are having difficulty just coming up with treatment methods let alone the most or best preventive protocols. I have elder relatives who are, and have been for a couple weeks now, self isolating- having groceries, prescriptions and other items ordered online and being delivered. I think it's gonna get a lot more crazier before we hit bottom with this stuff.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So whenever things clear up add probably two weeks or so to that.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that May is very well without a doubt "wishful thinking". None of us have ever been through a "crisis" like this before and who knows just how long or to what extent life is going to change for all of us, our families, friends etc. I think it's just a matter of time until we see folks, other than senior citizens with underlying issues, being severely impacted with this damn virus. Medical professionals are having difficulty just coming up with treatment methods let alone the most or best preventive protocols. I have elder relatives who are, and have been for a couple weeks now, self isolating- having groceries, prescriptions and other items ordered online and being delivered. I think it's gonna get a lot more crazier before we hit bottom with this stuff.
I work at a major area hospital. And I'm not one of the many of our organization that gets to work from home during this epidemic. I'm a front line staffer that goes into patient rooms. I've been in a Covid room and will be in many more before this is over.

I don't worry about getting it in terms of what it will do to myself, or my family. We are all reasonably healthy. I worry about what it will do to my organization. We are for sure at an all hands on deck moment. Not that we are over capacity yet... but it's coming and we all know it.

We are hearing that the projected arc for this is to peak about 2 months from now with a slow ramp down heading into summer, before again picking back up going into next fall. That doesn't bode well for MLB having anything that resembles a season, if they have one at all. I would plan on the Olympics and other major sporting events to also be cancelled.

Possibility of a football season, but that too may be something up in the air. By next fall enough may have had it that the rate of infection goes down from the herd immunity build up, but again no one really knows.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just make them play with no fans. This postponing stuff is dumb. I’d really prefer MLB not to over react like the NCAA and the NBA but I guess time will tell.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just make them play with no fans. This postponing stuff is dumb. I’d really prefer MLB not to over react like the NCAA and the NBA but I guess time will tell.
Would be a good idea but opening at stadium, field prep, and all kinds of other expenses with no fan ticket sale income will prohibit it from happening. The almighty dollar runs the show in sports and everything else :gaah:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be a good idea but opening at stadium, field prep, and all kinds of other expenses with no fan ticket sale income will prohibit it from happening. The almighty dollar runs the show in sports and everything else :gaah:

But same thing will happen in Arizona except they will have a few fans there. I guess making a fraction of money is good but the point of the Mariners having a publicly owned stadium is to invest back into the Seattle/King County with the taxes. Not Peoria where 99% of the people who show up for spring training games have headed back home.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d be pretty stunned if we saw an MLB game before June 1st at this point

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d be pretty stunned if we saw an MLB game before June 1st at this point
Yeah not looking good. I keep getting indications that this thing isn't going to slow down for awhile. And Wizard had to drop that dark as shit post a few days ago which really makes me think the mlb season is doomed.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt be surprised if they canceled the season and I know the Astros are happy as hell. Like someone already said this isn't going to slow down anytime soon and its getting worse before it gets better. I think the NBA already said its a two month minimum before they consider opening the games again.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is everyone doing?

The last couple days I watched an old college basketball game and someone stream the Mariners/Rangers Opening day game on youtube with the Show so yeahh...

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like this is how "opening day" turned out this season.... :pound:OUCH!!

ouch1.jpg

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This post was made almost a week ago. Do you still think it's an overreaction based on what's going on? 5 NBA teams has people that are now infected and an NFL coach.

If you now don't think it's an overreaction, then it really shows how things are rapidly declining within number of days, and I'm not talking about just in the sports world. I think the league (NBA) made the right choice here.

Also, I don't think playing without fans is an ideal way either, there are still stadium workers that could potentially be infected outside of the players.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This post was made almost a week ago. Do you still think it's an overreaction based on what's going on? 5 NBA teams has people that are now infected and an NFL coach.

If you now don't think it's an overreaction, then it really shows how things are rapidly declining within number of days, and I'm not talking about just in the sports world. I think the league (NBA) made the right choice here.

Also, I don't think playing without fans is an ideal way either, there are still stadium workers that could potentially be infected outside of the players.

No, I still think it is an over reaction of cancelling sporting events instead of playing with no fans.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I still think it is an over reaction of cancelling sporting events instead of playing with no fans.
I respect your stance on this but I still don't see how playing in front of no fans is any better though? Athletes are not immune to this virus and they will still spread it outside of sporting events if a person is infected.

I think the bigger picture is owners and commissioners across all sports don't want to be under the microscope and get criticized for continuing to play when there's a global pandemic. It does eventually become too political and they rather avoid it.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respect your stance on this but I still don't see how playing in front of no fans is any better though? Athletes are not immune to this virus and they will still spread it outside of sporting events if a person is infected.

I think the bigger picture is owners and commissioners across all sports don't want to be under the microscope and get criticized for continuing to play when there's a global pandemic. It does eventually become too political and they rather avoid it.

I totally get the bad PR and not wanting to be criticized. But some baseball/football/basketball teams players are going to get the virus with or without playing games, the cat is out of the bag. Selfishly I want them to play just so everyone can not think about it every second much like right after 9/11.