• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Marc Staal wants his contract situation decided this summer

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marc Staal said on Sunday that he doesn’t want to go through the same situation that Ryan Callahan and Dan Girardi just went through and that if management is willing he would like to have his contract situation decided during the offseason. (NY Post)
  • Staal is in the final-year of a five-year deal with a cap hit of $3.975
  • His actual salary this season is $5.45 million
Larry Brooks writes that Glen Sather must find out as soon as possible if Staal wants to stay in New York, and potentially be the next captain, or if he wants to join his brothers in Carolina. (NY Post)
If Staal wants to stay a new deal will likely be in the range of $5.5 million to $6 million per season bu if he doesn’t want to stay it will be on Sather to get the best possible deal from Carolina. (NY Post)
  • Jordan Staal was sent to Carolina after turning down a ten-year extension worth a reported $60 million. Staal ended up signing that same deal with the Hurricanes.
  • He was sent to Carolina for a package that included Brandon Sutter, the 8th overall pick and defenseman Brian Dumolin.
Staal said that his focus right now is on the rest of the season and the playoffs and that he would prefer not to have to deal with any of this next season. (NY Post)

SNY Rangers Blog | A New York Rangers Blog That Goes Into The Corners

As do I. Don't want my favorite Ranger not apart of this team. Lock him up!!

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like him to stay on the team but you know the hurricanes will pay a ransom to get all the staals together so it might be a good way to restock. That being said Marc has always been a little different then his brothers. A few years ago at the ASG he talked about not wanting to be drafted by his brother because he liked playing on his own. So he might not want to go to Carolina.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like him to stay on the team but you know the hurricanes will pay a ransom to get all the staals together so it might be a good way to restock. That being said Marc has always been a little different then his brothers. A few years ago at the ASG he talked about not wanting to be drafted by his brother because he liked playing on his own. So he might not want to go to Carolina.

He actually gets along better with Jared than he does Jordan and Eric and don't forget, Eric was the one who concussed him a few years back. I think he ultimately will end up staying here.