• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Manster Pig skin pickem ?

tylerTX88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Manster I hope things get better asap. Will keep you and your family in mind.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manster Family FIRST

Prayers for your wife our little football BS chat is nothing in the big picture. I hope she is better and everything gets back to normal. Stay strong My friend

Obviously no worries on the pickum game

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manster Family FIRST

Prayers for your wife our little football BS chat is nothing in the big picture. I hope she is better and everything gets back to normal. Stay strong My friend

Obviously no worries on the pickum game
Wife seems normal today, although with her normal isn't always great for me.
Spent the day trying to get her doctors office to return calls, her cardiologist finally called nothing from her neurologists office. I'm sure when the Dr finds out about the delay on a call back she will not be happy with her nurse.

By the way pickems is up.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talked to the Cardiologist today, the diagnosis on my wife is a Transient Ischemic Attack. I never heard of this until now, I guess the easiest discription is a very mild stroke, in fact it's labeled as a "Warning Stroke". In a way I will take this as good news, but newa we will have to pay close attention to. Again thanks to all for the warm wishes they meant a lot to me.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any stroke is scary, but when they put the word mild in front of something I guess it is for a reason. Hope she continues to improve and you guys can put this behind you...but of course remember it and do all you can to make sure this is the only one she ever has.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talked to the Cardiologist today, the diagnosis on my wife is a Transient Ischemic Attack. I never heard of this until now, I guess the easiest discription is a very mild stroke, in fact it's labeled as a "Warning Stroke". In a way I will take this as good news, but newa we will have to pay close attention to. Again thanks to all for the warm wishes they meant a lot to me.

Glad to see the word "mild" in there but sad to hear stroke. Hopefully this mild one gets her access to the medical help to prevent a big one from happening.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Manster7588 ..how is your better half doing???
Thanks for asling. She's doing well. The ER doc her cardiologist and neurologist all think it was a TIA, for the non N5's here its mild stroke, sometimes called a "awarding Stroke". Today she's as good as before, but of course it can reoccur. The belief is her blood thinner or lack thereof was the cause. She has an artificial valve which requires her INR to be between 2.5 and 3.5 hers was 1.7 that day. The lower the number the thicker the blood. Too thick can cause a stroke too thin cause bleeding.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for asling. She's doing well. The ER doc her cardiologist and neurologist all think it was a TIA, for the non N5's here its mild stroke, sometimes called a "awarding Stroke". Today she's as good as before, but of course it can reoccur. The belief is her blood thinner or lack thereof was the cause. She has an artificial valve which requires her INR to be between 2.5 and 3.5 hers was 1.7 that day. The lower the number the thicker the blood. Too thick can cause a stroke too thin cause bleeding.
So she is at MMI already?

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Take care of her man, sorry you and family are living this.... :suds:

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The day if the TIA, we were shopping, she tried to ask if we needed eggs, but couldn't get the words out. She had all other motor skills including the ability to get mad. As I stood there not able to understand her she grabbed the cart headed to the cashier, we paid and left. I asked if she could write down what she was trying to say, she verbally said yes, we got a pen and paper, but she couldn't write. We went to the ER, but by then she was able to fully talk. They code whited her, the doc came in about 5 minutes later and said it looked like a mild stroke, that she already recovered from. I honestly never knew this was possible. All the docs are saying it could happen again and keep an eye on her. By all accounts the key is her INR has to be in range. She's been high and low before but never had an issue. She usually gets checked once every 2 to 3 weeks if it's in range and weekly when it's not. We just got back from 13 days in London so she could have been low too many days. She getting blood work today, hopefully if it's low it's at least close to 2.5.
Odd thing is about 1.5 months ago she was in the high 4s. Not good either.
Vitamin K has a huge effect on the INR. Pretty much every green vegetable has Vitamin K. Of course Alcohol has the reverse effect.
Not a fun way to live, but it beats the alternative.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't heard of this term yet. I'll have to look it up.
Sorry, used to the acronym from dealing with workers comp cases: Maximum Medical Improvement. In other words she is as good now as she will get.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, used to the acronym from dealing with workers comp cases: Maximum Medical Improvement. In other words she is as good now as she will get.
I think so. I looked MMI with stroke and it's there. A little confusing for my understanding. The way I read it an MRI is required and due to her artificial valve she can't have one done. I think as long as we're careful she'll be OK.
She's already a walking pharmacy, don't need any more meds.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey was the name of our group and the group password

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read this...

When it comes to the game of football I will fight with you all day long Manster

When it comes to the game of life I will have my family pray for you and your wife tonight. Wishing a speedy recovery.