• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Manning really did not have a bad game. The entire rest of the team, especially Fox..

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucked the pooch on this one. I guess I can include Wes Welker with having decent game.

Obviously, that does not matter. The entire team did not show up and I blame Fox and the rest of the coaching staff. When the teams intensity is that outmatched, and when the staff does not make any real adjustments, it is on the staff.

Just how in the hell does the first play of the game result in a safety is beyond me, especially when Manning was doing what he has been all year, and basically his entire career.

The interesting thing too is Denver "could have" (hate coulda woulda shoulda) made the game interesting when it was 15-0. They finally started to drive the ball. Of course Manning will get the blame for the int but it really was not his fault.

One, they drive down and they get called for a holding. That was key. You are not going to be able (more often than not) convert a first down when you are pushed back 10 yards on that defense. Then Manning gets hit as he was throwing it. The loss of Clady finally reared its head, not to mention Von Miller not being there.

Anyway, what ever.

Plus, the "brilliant strategy" of deliberately kicking to Harvin coming out of halftime. I said Harvin was going to be a factor and he clearly was.

The strategy by John Fox and his special teams coordinator ....

"Speaking in a quiet tone from the losing locker room, Denver special-teams standout David Bruton explained the strategy on the kickoff. Matt Prater kicked it into the air like a Todd Helton pop fly to the right, and the plan was to give Denver's coverage unit an extra second to sprint toward the kick returner, in the red zone, and make a tackle. This was the option instead of an automatic touchback or, worse, giving Harvin enough space and time to break free for a big return." Yeah, that backfired too.

The ball landed on the 12-yard line — "We got the kick we wanted," Bruton said — but the Seahawks had their own strategy.

Harvin said Seattle's coaches had "saved" the return formation they used until he returned from injuries that sidelined him most of the season.

"We hadn't put it on film all year, so we knew there would be a great chance that we'd catch them off guard," Harvin said. "Those guys pretty much cleared out the whole right side of the field. I think there were only two defenders over there. I just took that gap and hit it as hard as I could."

----------------------------------------------------------------

The entire team seemed to be totally unprepared, however, I will say Peyton Manning had a better game than people thought.

-------------------------------------------------

There also seems to be players with a real lack of football IQ out there. From Holiday to Ayers. You think someone told Ayers about the CONTAIN factor with Harvin and Russel this week? I wonder. I really wonder. He was doing shit that you see in pop warner from a DE that has no clue what his job is.

This was embarrassing as hell, and here are the SBs when Broncos have been in orange.

27-10 Loss to Cowboys
42-10 Loss to Redskins
55-10 Loss to 49ers
43-8 Loss to Seahawks

Fucking crazy that the best offensive game was by Norris Weese in XII.
---------------------------------------------------------

Honestly, as long as Fox is coach of this team, I do not think they will be able to get it done. If I were Manning I would just retire too. I mean it is not going to get better offensively.

BTW, next year is one hell of a schedule. One the AFC West is getting a whole lot better. No way do they beat the Seahawks next year. The 49ers are light years ahead of the Broncos too. They will be playing the Colts, the Pats (fully healthy) as well.

If they finished 11-5, that would shock me.

-------------------------------------------

Fucking embarrassing shit.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Manning didn't play bad...the O-Line was dominated the entire game, that's what killed Denver, if the O-line could have stepped it up, it would have been a different story, but they were outmatched, o-line getting dominated will make even one of the all time bests look like he doesn't belong

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely everything that could go wrong, did. From the very first offensive snap of the game. We played like shit, and we didn't even deserve to be on the same field as the Seahawks.

I give the massive props though. They came right out onto that field and punched Denver square in the month, and we crumbled like a little girl.

We did nothing right. Nothing. We waited until the Super Bowl to play the worst game I've seen since Manning has been a Bronco.

DT showed up tonight, but he also fumbled the ball. Along with half the other starters.

Dismal way to end the season. Just pitiful....

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, props to Seattle for showing up and just putting a beating on us.

They were clearly the more prepared, deserving team.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather not have the broncos in the SB then watch that abortion of a game.

One of the issues with this team that seems to have been going for a while now, when the other team gets physical, punches us in the mouth; the team folds. There is no toughness to the team we are all finesse.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously, that does not matter. The entire team did not show up and I blame Fox and the rest of the coaching staff. When the teams intensity is that outmatched, and when the staff does not make any real adjustments, it is on the staff.

Just how in the hell does the first play of the game result in a safety is beyond me, especially when Manning was doing what he has been all year, and basically his entire career.

The interesting thing too is Denver "could have"

Fucking embarrassing shit.

Don't blame you...that was embarrassing...I picked DEN on the premise that the OL would holdup and PM had too many weapons to stop and SEA's only hope was to create some turnovers.

Not only did they create turnovers...the OL got their asses whipped from the opening snap....from all angles...SEA got inside push, and push from the edges...WITH the FRONT 4...any one else that rushed was mostly a free rusher.

IMO the DEN DEF front 7 played okay in the 1st half, but Champ's age really showed...sad to see such a great player be that diminished in his only SB appearance, but Baldwin clearly was a big part of the SEA game plan and they looked to him.

Fox...the one challenge he made on the forward pass was grasping for straws...it was clear the ball went forward...I thought he was actually trying to buy time for the DEF to collect themselves and right the ship.

The one move I thought was bad at the time was not taking the 30+ yd FG at the end of the half...just mentally, 22-3 is better than 22-0...that much I do know...also realizing you weren't getting the ball to start
the 3rd...any points made sense there.

After the run back for TD it was a wrap...that zapped all the remaining competitive spirit out of whatever Fox had to say at the half.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather not have the broncos in the SB then watch that abortion of a game.

One of the issues with this team that seems to have been going for a while now, when the other team gets physical, punches us in the mouth; the team folds. There is no toughness to the team we are all finesse.

And the one thing I thought we'd be able to do well was keep Wilson in the pocket. Not so much, and even when he did stay in the pocket he was throwing dimes. Even the few we were able to break up, the balls were in the absolute perfect place. The kid was fucking money last night, and had control of their offense from jump.

Add in the fact that we were tackling like a fucking pee wee team last night, and we never had a shot.

All the shock is starting wear off and I'm really starting to get more and more pissed with each passing hour.

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the typical end to the tootie fruity pass offenses, that almost always end in a loss, and not getting the Lombardi.

Dates back to Fouts.

Marino in 1984, generates 16 points in the SB against the 49ers.

Greatest show on turf scores 17 points in the SB in 2001.

Peyton Manning passes for 49 TDs in 2004, loses in play offs, score 3 points in New England. (ironically, the last year the Pats win SB, and was with a 1600 yard rusher)

2005 Colts, score 18 points at home and lose to the Steelers.

2007 Pats Brady passes for 50 TDs, and offense scores most points 589. They lose in SB and only scored 14 points.

2009 Colts. 32nd ranked rushing offense. Lose SB. Saints technically had 6th ranked rushing attack.

2011 Pats. Only generate 17 points. Brady had third most pass attempts in the NFL that year.

Now this year. Manning put up numbers that crushed every passing record, and generate fucking 8 points.

It is defense, it is balance. Broncos are indeed considered to be a finesse offense. The rushing attack are 95% out of shot gun. Draw plays really. No real stretch run action. Manning does not do that, and he never will.

The QBs that do typically "get it done" are the ones that have multi-dimensional skills. Where they can make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

elway-helicopter.jpg

One way that fantasy football that has pretty much destroyed the typical fans perspective are these types of facts.

Oh well.

It is hard to even look at this year right now as any type of success with that type of shit. Having said that, I am not sure a close game would be less painful.

The Jags loss in 96 was by 3 points and so was last year against the Ravens.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OP nailed it on the head. The level of intensity needed for this game was missing on the Broncos side. The Seahawks were fired up from the get go. I feel terrible for Manning. I really wanted to see him pull this out. Hats off to the Seahawk defense...that group is incredibly quick, hard hitting and gets to the ball in the blink of an eye. Very impressive indeed. The AFC West should be interesting next year. I think the Chargers will be much improved, the Raiders...well, they will still be the Raiders, the Chiefs and the Broncos I don't see them being any less impressive than this year. Now, we just have to wait another 217 days.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the one thing I thought we'd be able to do well was keep Wilson in the pocket. Not so much, and even when he did stay in the pocket he was throwing dimes. Even the few we were able to break up, the balls were in the absolute perfect place. The kid was fucking money last night, and had control of their offense from jump.

Add in the fact that we were tackling like a fucking pee wee team last night, and we never had a shot.

All the shock is starting wear off and I'm really starting to get more and more pissed with each passing hour.
Well if you can garnish any good thing Denver did was we stopped the Beast! Yippee!!:whistle:

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to disagree with any of the posters on this thread. I'm having a hard time talking about yesterday's game. This loss is mega painful. We've got a lot of work to do but for now, I'm going to take a little needed hiatus from football. At least that will make my family happy!

MH64