• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Manifest

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why? Lol

I gave up after the awful s2 finale.
Because there are still answers left to be given and god forbid the writers of a popular TV show wants his story to be completed and its one of those rare occasions that it's actually being finished. No cliffhangers for the fans.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because there are still answers left to be given and god forbid the writers of a popular TV show wants his story to be completed and its one of those rare occasions that it's actually being finished. No cliffhangers for the fans.

does it get better or was s3 as much trash as s2 (besides the undercover thing, which was awesome and literally no one appreciated cause the rest of the characters are unlikeable, ungrateful jerks lol)?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The show is pretty much trash. The concept was only semi-interesting to start with. I honestly have no idea why I never walked away from the show.

Saying that, I will watch the final season. :L

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The show is pretty much trash. The concept was only semi-interesting to start with. I honestly have no idea why I never walked away from the show.

Saying that, I will watch the final season. :L

I watched it because it was hyped up before it launched as the next big thing.

but when most of the main characters are horribly unlikeable, especially the ungrateful bitch Michaela, it’s tough.

Jared and Ben are the only remotely decent characters.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched it because it was hyped up before it launched as the next big thing.

but when most of the main characters are horribly unlikeable, especially the ungrateful bitch Michaela, it’s tough.

Jared and Ben are the only remotely decent characters.
Who is Jared? The ex-boyfriend?

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does it get better or was s3 as much trash as s2 (besides the undercover thing, which was awesome and literally no one appreciated cause the rest of the characters are unlikeable, ungrateful jerks lol)?
S3 is a bit better, but they go into this very very religion focused narrative which for me as not really being religious, it took me out of the storyline. I am, however, glad there will be final, complete story because there are some good stories here. Seems the writing just went to shit as it does with most, if not all, of these apocalyptic, the-dead-come-back-to-life-after-being-dead-for-a-long-time tv shows that get cancelled before the story can be finished.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
S3 is a bit better, but they go into this very very religion focused narrative which for me as not really being religious, it took me out of the storyline. I am, however, glad there will be final, complete story because there are some good stories here. Seems the writing just went to shit as it does with most, if not all, of these apocalyptic, the-dead-come-back-to-life-after-being-dead-for-a-long-time tv shows that get cancelled before the story can be finished.
When shows go religious, I just consider it a form of SciFi. Evil, for example, is a VERY religious show, but if you look at it as fantasy instead of biblical, you can get through it and enjoy it.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When shows go religious, I just consider it a form of SciFi. Evil, for example, is a VERY religious show, but if you look at it as fantasy instead of biblical, you can get through it and enjoy it.
Religious can be fine.

satanic stuff is basically religious, as is every devil/angel type battle

or it can be more cultish. Which also can work

I just got annoyed by this show because they were unnecessarily stupid and ridiculous everyone treats the one decent person on the show (Jared) like shit

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Religious can be fine.

satanic stuff is basically religious, as is every devil/angel type battle

or it can be more cultish. Which also can work

I just got annoyed by this show because they were unnecessarily stupid and ridiculous everyone treats the one decent person on the show (Jared) like shit
Supernatural and Lucifer are two other shows that are very religious, yet fall solidly in the sci-fi/fantasy realms. God is an actual character on both shows. LOL

Manifest used religion to try to put the plane into a larger context. I don’t really like how they did it, but that is more a bad writing critique than a genre critique, imho.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supernatural and Lucifer are two other shows that are very religious, yet fall solidly in the sci-fi/fantasy realms. God is an actual character on both shows. LOL

Manifest used religion to try to put the plane into a larger context. I don’t really like how they did it, but that is more a bad writing critique than a genre critique, imho.
Those were the exact 2 shows I was gonna mention lol

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's actually a really good comparison. I never thought of it that way.

PackJason.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the first 2 seasons but I'm not sure if I'm gonna watch the 3rd. The 2nd half of the 2nd seson got way too religious-y for my taste.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the first 2 seasons but I'm not sure if I'm gonna watch the 3rd. The 2nd half of the 2nd seson got way too religious-y for my taste.
Again, wasn’t Supernatural, Preacher, Lucifer…. even Legends of Tomorrow with Constantine, very “religious”? Don’t watch it as religious. Watch it as fantasy.

IMHO, there is no difference between these shows/movies than with comic book shows/movies or shows involving Greek gods, Roman gods, Norse gods, etc. there is a mythos in the universe being portrayed. Enjoy the story within that mythos.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, wasn’t Supernatural, Preacher, Lucifer…. even Legends of Tomorrow with Constantine, very “religious”? Don’t watch it as religious. Watch it as fantasy.

I really like that mental model. And it made sense to me. Devils, vampires etc all fall under that same model.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like that mental model. And it made sense to me. Devils, vampires etc all fall under that same model.
Vampires are very “religious”. Dracula’s origin story involved him being cursed by God in a church, if I am not mistaken.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vampires are very “religious”. Dracula’s origin story involved him being cursed by God in a church, if I am not mistaken.

In some versions he’s actually satan himself iirc

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so I caved and started watching it…cause I suck.

I like this season more than s2 so far, but that’s mostly because less Zeke and more of a comprehensive long term story.