• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Man this is gonna be a tough decision for Chip

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way four4four....... Something funny about your post. It says you edited it your post for "grammer", which is ironic because that isn't how you spell grammar. Just thought that was funny.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way four4four....... Something funny about your post. It says you edited it your post for "grammer", which is ironic because that isn't how you spell grammar. Just thought that was funny.

Aw Damn...lol!!:doh:

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't done with me until he does something or is gone. He needs to carry this team (not the other way around) to the playoffs and win at least 1 playoff game before I let up on him and this decision even a little bit, and if he does that this year, I expect him to keep it up next year (assuming he was resigned again) as well for me to let up on him and this decision. If this team fails to make the playoffs with Vick at the helm, I will be the first one calling for Chip Kelly's head.

Dude, that means ur hoping he fails or gets hurt. Like I said in my post, I wanted Foles as well. When Alex Smith took the Niners to the NFC title game in the 2011 season, u think the fans wanted Smith at the beginning of that year. And Smith's career up to that point wasn't good. Vick didn't win this going away...so if he starts turning the ball over and/or they start out 0-4, then Kelly will make the switch.

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, that means ur hoping he fails or gets hurt. Like I said in my post, I wanted Foles as well. When Alex Smith took the Niners to the NFC title game in the 2011 season, u think the fans wanted Smith at the beginning of that year. And Smith's career up to that point wasn't good. Vick didn't win this going away...so if he starts turning the ball over and/or they start out 0-4, then Kelly will make the switch.

I am not hoping he fails or gets hurt. I am expecting him to fail or get hurt.

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they always say a new coach comes in promising the world to fans and goes on his own decisions, its gonna get ugly for "Chipper" if Vick fails...

Not necessarily. Anyone paying attention already knows that Vick shouldn't be starting -- so the quicker that Chip realizes it, the better off he'll be.

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will give Chip a pass if the Eagles happen to make the playoffs with Vick starting. If not though, I honestly think Chip should be gone.

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will give Chip a pass if the Eagles happen to make the playoffs with Vick starting. If not though, I honestly think Chip should be gone.

I think that's a bit too hasty. Barring a total debacle, I'd have him on a 3-year plan for the playoffs.

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's a bit too hasty. Barring a total debacle, I'd have him on a 3-year plan for the playoffs.

But I see it as a complete failure and horrible judgement to pick Vick if he didn't KNOW FOR SURE that they were gonna make the playoffs. I see no other reason for him winning the job.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sickfelon...Really!!!! Really!!!!! You would fire Kelly if Vick fails this year. Man, ur a tough fan

Last edited by a moderator:

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sickfelon...Really!!!! Really!!!!! You would fire Kelly if Vick fails this year. Man, ur a tough fan

Yes, if Chip Kelly is that stupid to allow 2 preseason games persuade him that Vick is some good QB over the rest of his career (10 YEARS!!), then I don't think he deserves to stick around because I ultimately see him failing in 3-4 years, and being fired anyway, so I rather get it over with.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do know Andy Reid started Doug Peterson over McNabb right. And Andy is consider the best coach in eagles history

Last edited by a moderator:

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do know Andy Reid started Doug Peterson over McNabb right. And Andy is consider the best coach in eagles history

Yup. Very good point. Geez I feel so bad how McNabb was treated playing in Philly. The guy never got any love from majority of the fanbase. I just hope he gets the proper respect of cheers and not the boos when he has his number retired for the KC game. Gotta admit, that may be a pretty emotional ceremony seeing McNabb and Reid reunite.:suds:

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Valid point but, Reid drafted McNabb, so Reid was gonna make the move as quick as possible. "Chipper" has no ties to Foles he came with the keys to the eagles...

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Andy Reid started Doug Pederson knowing full well we weren't going anywhere and the reason he did it was because McNabb was a rookie, and Reid's thought process was you need to be cautious with rookie QBs. Reid didn't have this false sense that he could make the playoffs with Pederson.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Sick it still was the wrong decision and Andy survived that. My point is, Even if this decision by Chip falls flat on his azz, he and they will be ok in the long run. They may start out 1-5 with Vick. With Foles they might be 0-5. With Vick there's some hope....8 or 9 wins or even playoffs maybe. with Foles ur hoping on potential.....which isnt bad either....but it may be awhile before he reaches it. Also remember Belichick was going with Bledsoe before he had gotta hurt. That decision didn't kill him either

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Sick it still was the wrong decision and Andy survived that. My point is, Even if this decision by Chip falls flat on his azz, he and they will be ok in the long run. They may start out 1-5 with Vick. With Foles they might be 0-5. With Vick there's some hope....8 or 9 wins or even playoffs maybe. with Foles ur hoping on potential.....which isnt bad either....but it may be awhile before he reaches it. Also remember Belichick was going with Bledsoe before he had gotta hurt. That decision didn't kill him either

Bledsoe was a good QB. Not great, but definitely better than Vick. He also wasn't as old as Vick at the time........

As for the decision Reid made..... There were many more Eagles fans that could accept that decision because of the reasoning behind it than this one that Chip is making. Pederson wasn't part of the Rhodes system that failed. Pederson wasn't known as a overrated, overpaid QB that has been a failure for 10 years. Everyone knew Pederson was temporary and knew we weren't going anywhere with him, but everyone was much more accepting because it was a change from the old regime. Comparing Vick to either of these situations is bad, because neither fit right. Vick has been on this team for 3 years and after the last 2 years has worn out his welcome as much as Reid. Vick has been a starter and bad for 10 years. Vick doesn't compare.

Also, I am not saying this decision will kill Kelly. I know it won't. I am just stating my point of view that by him starting Vick, he gets no leeway with me. HE BETTER WIN. Otherwise, I consider Kelly a failure for not recognizing what even "armchair GMs/coaches" like myself have realized...... That Vick sucks. Plus, Kelly's reasoning for starting him was because HE WANTS TO WIN NOW. To not achieve that goal is a failure, and a very bad mistake on his part which I am sure he would admit himself if that happens at years end.