• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Make Michigan Football Great Again!

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gold- Harbaugh(narcissist)
Silver- Meyer(acute anxiety disorder)
Bronze-Miles(just plain quirky)
@Bamabino You left this one out.
SabanBabyFans.gif

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot the rest of them @TrustMeIamRight @GoBlueNavyNuke and so many other nut slobbers!

Didn't realize being a Michigan fan who said he was shocked UM should have beat MSU, because I thought MSU was the much more talented team and I told everyone who would listen to bet on OSU in the UM/OSU game, as OSU was vastly more talented even before all the injuries UM had in their front 7, made me a "nut slobber"?!?!

Interesting assessment.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question, do you think any major head coach is right in the head?

I mean:
LES-MILES-EATS-GRASS.gif

nick-saban.jpg

msu-coach.gif

These are all not normal people, we love them because they are good at coaching football.
Maybe I am missing something, but what exactly is Dantonio doing there that is "not normal"?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang, the Hoop is more important than I thought it was. We actually have the ability to keep teams relevant.

:yes:
Michigan has been relevant for the past 8 years, for comic reasons.

They haven't been relevant in the rankings for about a decade now.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't realize being a Michigan fan who said he was shocked UM should have beat MSU, because I thought MSU was the much more talented team and I told everyone who would listen to bet on OSU in the UM/OSU game, as OSU was vastly more talented even before all the injuries UM had in their front 7, made me a "nut slobber"?!?!

Interesting assessment.
If you actually believe that Michigan State was the "much more talented team" then you really haven't been following recruiting. Michigan had nearly triple the 4 and 5 star players that Michigan State has. Michigan State was a much better coached team and had Harbaugh not made some fatal errors at the end of the game, Michigan could have won.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you actually believe that Michigan State was the "much more talented team" then you really haven't been following recruiting. Michigan had nearly triple the 4 and 5 star players that Michigan State has. Michigan State was a much better coached team and had Harbaugh not made some fatal errors at the end of the game, Michigan could have won.
Forgot to link
Championships: for elite recruiters only

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree that Michigan could have and probably should have won that game, but I too didn't expect a whole lot out of Harbaugh in his first year. MSU had some key upperclassmen at important positions where Michigan did not. I wouldn't say Michigan State was the "much more talented team", but I also wouldn't necessarily say that MSU was a "much better coached team" either. I think Harbaugh got everything out of those guys last year, and took over a train wreck from the 2014 season and had people talking about them as a potential playoff team the entire 2015 season (until OSU shut everyone up).

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Michigan could have and probably should have won that game, but I too didn't expect a whole lot out of Harbaugh in his first year. MSU had some key upperclassmen at important positions where Michigan did not. I wouldn't say Michigan State was the "much more talented team", but I also wouldn't necessarily say that MSU was a "much better coached team" either. I think Harbaugh got everything out of those guys last year, and took over a train wreck from the 2014 season and had people talking about them as a potential playoff team the entire 2015 season (until OSU shut everyone up).
I think only Michigan fans were calling them a potential playoff team. Michigan had one top ten class and one top five recruiting class as their upper classmen vs a couple of 30 something classes for Mihigan State. The talent leans more to Michigan in that stand point. Dantonio was able to take a walk on who's only offer was to Wayne State and convert him into a first round draft pick. Had Harbaugh told O'neill to eat the ball if something happened or at least had max protect considering MSU nearly blocked two punts earlier in the game and it was obvious they were going to go for the block instead of going to tackle the returner, who wasn't there, Michcigan would have won.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are taking HS rankings from 2, 3, 4 and sometimes 5 years ago. I'm talking actual talent last year on the field. As I've said repeatedly -- UM's struggle can be linked to the major busts in recruiting. Gardner -- #1 dual threat QB in the country out of HS. Struggled as a college QB. Shane Morris -- one of the top QB's in the country, 5 star recruit -- absolutely horrendous once teams are rushing him -- unbelievable though in summer camps when you are wearing shorts. Derrick Green -- #1 RB in the country, 5 star recruit -- came in as a freshman 30 lbs overweight and immediately injured his ankle. Was worthless and transferred out after two years.

Based on the talent on the field --I didn't think it would be close. UM lacked depth on the DL and I thought MSU's OL (which was one of the best in the country) would wear UM down. I was wrong. I thought Connor Cook (who was one of the best QB's in the country) would pick apart UM's man coverage. I was wrong. He put up the yards, but completed like 40% of his passes.

I thought MSU's defense would do exactly what it did, which was limit big plays and try to limit the running game.

With the talent on MSU last year -- UM should not have won that game. Granted, they didn't, but they should have and that shocked me.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are taking HS rankings from 2, 3, 4 and sometimes 5 years ago. I'm talking actual talent last year on the field. As I've said repeatedly -- UM's struggle can be linked to the major busts in recruiting. Gardner -- #1 dual threat QB in the country out of HS. Struggled as a college QB. Shane Morris -- one of the top QB's in the country, 5 star recruit -- absolutely horrendous once teams are rushing him -- unbelievable though in summer camps when you are wearing shorts. Derrick Green -- #1 RB in the country, 5 star recruit -- came in as a freshman 30 lbs overweight and immediately injured his ankle. Was worthless and transferred out after two years.

Based on the talent on the field --I didn't think it would be close. UM lacked depth on the DL and I thought MSU's OL (which was one of the best in the country) would wear UM down. I was wrong. I thought Connor Cook (who was one of the best QB's in the country) would pick apart UM's man coverage. I was wrong. He put up the yards, but completed like 40% of his passes.

I thought MSU's defense would do exactly what it did, which was limit big plays and try to limit the running game.

With the talent on MSU last year -- UM should not have won that game. Granted, they didn't, but they should have and that shocked me.
Michigan State was missing two offensive lineman and a third just came off injury for that game. If you can stomach rewatching that game, you will see there were quite a few drops and a few receivers who's arms were being held that were called but the officiating was horrendous for both teams and seemed to equal out at the end. The receivers hurt Cook more than Cook did.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think only Michigan fans were calling them a potential playoff team. Michigan had one top ten class and one top five recruiting class as their upper classmen vs a couple of 30 something classes for Mihigan State. The talent leans more to Michigan in that stand point. Dantonio was able to take a walk on who's only offer was to Wayne State and convert him into a first round draft pick. Had Harbaugh told O'neill to eat the ball if something happened or at least had max protect considering MSU nearly blocked two punts earlier in the game and it was obvious they were going to go for the block instead of going to tackle the returner, who wasn't there, Michcigan would have won.

If he catches the snap, the game is over. It was a fluke play and UM lost because of it. I'm not going to put blame on a coach because a punter dropped a snap. It wasn't like it was a bad snap, O'Neil let the nerves get to him and he dropped it.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he catches the snap, the game is over. It was a fluke play and UM lost because of it. I'm not going to put blame on a coach because a punter dropped a snap. It wasn't like it was a bad snap, O'Neil let the nerves get to him and he dropped it.
Again the coach needs to tell him what's going on had have the protection around him to help. Oniell was hung out to dry by Harbaugh.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No one talked about them as a potential playoff team after the Utah loss. Learn some football son.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan State was missing two offensive lineman and a third just came off injury for that game. If you can stomach rewatching that game, you will see there were quite a few drops and a few receivers who's arms were being held that were called but the officiating was horrendous for both teams and seemed to equal out at the end.

The last thing I will be doing is re-watching that game. Seeing it happen in real time was hard enough to watch.

With the players MSU had on the field, I did not think UM had a chance. The Allen brothers, Jack Conklin, Connor Cook, Aaron Burbridge, Price on offense. Calhoun, McDowell, Heath, Bullough, etc. on defense.

UM wants to run the ball -- I didn't see it happening again the strength of MSU's defense.

MSU like to run the ball -- I thought MSU would wear down a thin UM DL.

UM was better running the ball than I thought they'd be. MSU didn't wear down the DL. I thought UM would be able to connect downfield against MSU's secondary -- that didn't happen. I thought Cook would pick apart UM's secondary and that didn't happen.

So basically, everything I thought that would happen in the game, didn't.:pound: Guess that is why I'm not a CFB analyst for ESPN.