• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Make Michigan Football Great Again!

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last thing I will be doing is re-watching that game. Seeing it happen in real time was hard enough to watch.

With the players MSU had on the field, I did not think UM had a chance. The Allen brothers, Jack Conklin, Connor Cook, Aaron Burbridge, Price on offense. Calhoun, McDowell, Heath, Bullough, etc. on defense.

UM wants to run the ball -- I didn't see it happening again the strength of MSU's defense.

MSU like to run the ball -- I thought MSU would wear down a thin UM DL.

UM was better running the ball than I thought they'd be. MSU didn't wear down the DL. I thought UM would be able to connect downfield against MSU's secondary -- that didn't happen. I thought Cook would pick apart UM's secondary and that didn't happen.

So basically, everything I thought that would happen in the game, didn't.:pound: Guess that is why I'm not a CFB analyst for ESPN.
Jack Allen was out for the Michigan game and I can't remember if it was Conklin's first game or if he was the one injured, Keiler was the other one.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again the coach needs to tell him what's going on had have the protection around him to help. Oniell was hung out to dry by Harbaugh.

You act like MSU was going to block the punt regardless. Go watch a replay. All he had to do was catch the snap, MSU is 10+ yards away from him with no one in site. He let the nerves get to him and he botched it. It is that simple. Putting it on Harbaugh is grasping at straws.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jack Allen was out for the Michigan game and I can't remember if it was Conklin's first game or if he was the one injured, Keiler was the other one.

Explains why MSU didn't wear UM down like I thought they would.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You act like MSU was going to block the punt regardless. Go watch a replay. All he had to do was catch the snap, MSU is 10+ yards away from him with no one in site. He let the nerves get to him and he botched it. It is that simple. Putting it on Harbaugh is grasping at straws.
Yes but as a coach you have to put things in the best situation possible. Michigan State nearly blocked two punts earlier in the game, including the huge 80yard punt. Why have four guys rushing down field to tackle nobody? He needs to have the conversation with the kicker saying "if you can't get a clear kick, eat the ball." Same as if you are talking to a QB trying to come back "if you don't see anything, throw it away." He very obviously didn't do either of those things.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Explains why MSU didn't wear UM down like I thought they would.
What part of two or three starting offensive lineman were missing aren't you understanding? Michigan was missing one defensive lineman for targeting in the first half and another one (for bullshit) in the second half. I know Michigan fans want to pretend all of the 4 and 5 star players completely forgot how to play football under Hoke but they were just poorly coached. They got better coaching and became better players. There was talent there and Michigan had much more depth.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Michigan fans want to pretend all of the 4 and 5 star players completely forgot how to play football under Hoke but they were just poorly coached.

Talent in ann arbor has never been an issue. JH took Hoke's recruits & double the win total in 1 year. And you're correct in saying they were poorly coached under Hoke.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most normal people smile on a daily basis.
090414-CFB-mark-dantonio-trophy-LN-PI.vresize.1200.675.high.82.jpg

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What part of two or three starting offensive lineman were missing aren't you understanding? Michigan was missing one defensive lineman for targeting in the first half and another one (for bullshit) in the second half. I know Michigan fans want to pretend all of the 4 and 5 star players completely forgot how to play football under Hoke but they were just poorly coached. They got better coaching and became better players. There was talent there and Michigan had much more depth.

Huh? All I said is -- that explains why MSU wasn't able to wear down UM's DL? I wasn't being sarcastic. I wasn't being a smartass.

And UM's DL wasn't poorly coached. The DL coach was the guy who was the DC of the great Baltimore Ravens defenses. They just had no depth.

I know you want to keep talking about 5 star recruits all over for UM, but do you know in the last 10 recruiting classes -- UM has a grand total of 4 5 star recruits and MSU has 2 5 star recruits. So out of the 20 recruiting classes -- we have 6 between us or the same amount Bama signed in ONE YEAR.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh? All I said is -- that explains why MSU wasn't able to wear down UM's DL? I wasn't being sarcastic. I wasn't being a smartass.

And UM's DL wasn't poorly coached. The DL coach was the guy who was the DC of the great Baltimore Ravens defenses. They just had no depth.

I know you want to keep talking about 5 star recruits all over for UM, but do you know in the last 10 recruiting classes -- UM has a grand total of 4 5 star recruits and MSU has 2 5 star recruits. So out of the 20 recruiting classes -- we have 6 between us or the same amount Bama signed in ONE YEAR.
Sorry, I'm all hopped up on caffeine. I thought you asked me to explain it. My bad.
Michigan had 59% of their scholarships as 4 or 5 stars while Michigan State had 21% last year.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
148 posts about a mediocre team and a coach that never won anything .... Why are you people so concerned.

Thank You for keeping us relevant, I thought 3 losses but us into an alright bowl. Apparently you have greater faith than I do.

Don't confuse amused and concerned.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I'm all hopped up on caffeine. I thought you asked me to explain it. My bad.
Michigan had 59% of their scholarships as 4 or 5 stars while Michigan State had 21% last year.
I have no doubt UM had better recruiting classes, but if those recruits struggle to grasp the speed of the college game, they are injured or their coaches aren't developing the talent it means nothing. The only B1G team with more talent than MSU last year was OSU, IMO.

Think of it along the lines of the NFL draft. A player can't be great in college, but in the NFL, they are terrible. Tim Tebow is one of the best players in CFB history and can't make it in football. It is no different in college. This is why coaches open up roster spots so they can bring in full recruiting classes every year. It adds depth and for every recruit who is a bust, you get a guy like Jourdan Lewis or a Jack Conklin.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but as a coach you have to put things in the best situation possible. Michigan State nearly blocked two punts earlier in the game, including the huge 80yard punt. Why have four guys rushing down field to tackle nobody? He needs to have the conversation with the kicker saying "if you can't get a clear kick, eat the ball." Same as if you are talking to a QB trying to come back "if you don't see anything, throw it away." He very obviously didn't do either of those things.

Let me put you mind at ease. Michigan State outplayed Michigan last year and Michigan had the lead until the last play. Michigan should have won, but they didn't. They didn't because the last play counted as much as every other play did. I can't blame the loss on the punter, because he was the same punter that got us out of trouble with an 80 yard punt. So relax, MSU people. You are superior to Michigan. I don't believe in wouldof, couldof, shouldof bullshit. We will win again and when we do, I will handle it with class.

As far as ohio state goes, I hate ohio state, but that doesn't mean I don't respect you. When we do win and we will again (I don't know win), I will handle it with class (but on the inside I'll be hating you still).

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me put you mind at ease. Michigan State outplayed Michigan last year and Michigan had the lead until the last play. Michigan should have won, but they didn't. They didn't because the last play counted as much as every other play did. I can't blame the loss on the punter, because he was the same punter that got us out of trouble with an 80 yard punt. So relax, MSU people. You are superior to Michigan. I don't believe in wouldof, couldof, shouldof bullshit. We will win again and when we do, I will handle it with class.

As far as ohio state goes, I hate ohio state, but that doesn't mean I don't respect you. When we do win and we will again (I don't know win), I will handle it with class (but on the inside I'll be hating you still).
That mother fucker O'neill was killing us all day long and was the reason why you were winning that game. I would have loved to have O'neill on MSU last year considering all of our punting issues all year long. One play shouldn't define his career and would love to have him on the Lions.