• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Major Changes Needed

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's just a tib bit that always pissed me off just a bit.....

In the Super Bowl against the Cardinals, all you heard was Tomlin all year long telling the Steeler D that his team in Tampa this and his team in Tampa that.... I think its been on the air where in the Super Bowl he was actually bragging to Harrison and the guys how his teams D scored so many points in a Super Bowl.... and thats great!!!!! But the Steelers D year and and year out is always the dominate force in all of the NFL not some frigin flash in the pan team like Tampa Bay was.... I mean this is the typical comparison of apples and oranges!!! And who gives a shit, Your a Pittsburgh Steeler, not a Tampa Suckeneer!!!

And if he is so great on helping with the D and getting the job done as he rubbed it into Our Steelers that year.... WTF happened????

Honestly I have seen shittier Steelers teams play better than we are this year.... and its not because of the talent. The talent is there, its always there. They are not utilizing guys the way the need to and IMHO this team is playing with ABSOLUTELY NO HEART!!!!!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's just a tib bit that always pissed me off just a bit.....

In the Super Bowl against the Cardinals, all you heard was Tomlin all year long telling the Steeler D that his team in Tampa this and his team in Tampa that.... I think its been on the air where in the Super Bowl he was actually bragging to Harrison and the guys how his teams D scored so many points in a Super Bowl.... and thats great!!!!! But the Steelers D year and and year out is always the dominate force in all of the NFL not some frigin flash in the pan team like Tampa Bay was.... I mean this is the typical comparison of apples and oranges!!! And who gives a shit, Your a Pittsburgh Steeler, not a Tampa Suckeneer!!!

And if he is so great on helping with the D and getting the job done as he rubbed it into Our Steelers that year.... WTF happened????

Honestly I have seen shittier Steelers teams play better than we are this year.... and its not because of the talent. The talent is there, its always there. They are not utilizing guys the way the need to and IMHO this team is playing with ABSOLUTELY NO HEART!!!!!

Talent...if you really believe the talent is there, you're in very short line because most all of the NFL talking heads are saying the opposite.

Utilizing...I think being a strong system oriented team, especially on DEF...there are players in roles that might not be best for the player.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talent...if you really believe the talent is there, you're in very short line because most all of the NFL talking heads are saying the opposite.

Utilizing...I think being a strong system oriented team, especially on DEF...there are players in roles that might not be best for the player.

Come on Dude... the talent is there. I mean piss on the NFL and its talking heads. These guys were good enough to make it to this level, they have the talent!!!

Bell... is an exceptional back, if the O-line could make the blocks a little better, I see big things with this kid!!!
AB and Sanders could be a dangerous duo if they would just settle down a bit
DeCastro... He could very well be the next Fanica, we havent seen much of him and he is only going to get better over time.
Heath and Ben... well they are proven commodities. I think the whole thing with the talks of Ben being shopped around is causing a lot of pressure on him, But he still has the talent!!!!

The D is loaded with talent, old and new, I just think they are playing real flat... They need to challenge themselves, they really need to get some heart in their play.... I have never seen our D play as shitty of these guys have played this year!!! And the core of this D has not changed much over the years!!! They need a good shake up!!!!

But you can't say the talent isn't there!!!!
Just my opinion

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respect your opinion. My thoughts.

Bell..."if the O-line...".

Bell looks like a keeper...agree with you here.

AB & Sanders..."could be a dangerous duo if..."

Brown is a legit starter, Sanders is really a slot...really need more size at this position imo.

DeCastro..."
He could very well be the next..."

He might be, but when your best OL is a G, and you're not a great running team, I'm not impressed.

Heath and Ben..."proven"

Agreed, but Heath is not the same guy pre injury and at this point probably will never be again...still very good player.

If you noticed by your own wording, some of these players with the exception of Ben, Heath, and AB still have some questions.

Back your point...I'm not saying the team has no talent, but coming from where they have been the last 7 or 8 years the talent is lacking in comparison. Including Pouncey, you probably have 2 guys that would start on most any other NFL team.

On DEF, we cam into the year still counting on Kesiel, Foote, Clark, and Troy. Thomas looks alike a player, Worilds has looks solid, J. Jones imo is not a OLB in this scheme, but I think he will be okay...at this point I don't see a another young S on the roster ready to play. McLendon is not a NT and Fangupo can't even get active.

Can these guys be coached better? Yes...Are they a legit playoff roster right now...not imo.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if they get their shit together they could get in the playoffs.... will they go anywhere.... probably not, but they could still get there with a lot of work and if they start to play with some heart!!!!

I have seen worse Steeler teams make the playoffs... yes worse than this one. Their are just to many guys not playing up to their potential and yes a lot of the problem is coaching!!!
Who doesn't love good ole Dick Lebeau... but he either needs to shake up this D in a big way or there needs to be a change....
Todd Haley... wow, this could be an all night thing. but it is clear he cant get the offense to drink his kool ade so sorry move on dude.... thats all I will say there.
But its time to start cutting ties with some of the vets and force these young guys to step up and get the job done or wonder if they are going to be looking for work tomorrow!!!!

IDK.... there is so much wrong with this team, but IMO they have no heart and the leadership, starting with the coaches is lacking badly!!!!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playoffs...they're in the mix now, but the margin is very thin...1 loss is all they can afford, a lot of the teams in their way are still on the schedule, so their fate is in their hands. Gotta get better quick in the RZ.

OC...agree...a lot of my issues with Haley have to do with personnel in the RZ...imo Paulson and Moye should have 15 targets each in the RZ by this point in the season. This either or thing active with Wheaton and Moye...Palmer? why? Will Johnson should have 20 targets at this point...the talent they do have can be better utilized.

DC...love LeBeau...still think he can coach, but need to move on past Keisel, Troy, Clark, etc. I do think Troy finishes his deal at a discount

Tomlin...some tough losses last year and this year have me concerned, but imo he's earned the opportunity to build it back up...the team seems to be responding to the bad start.