• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Maiocco on the best player to play his whole career for 49ers

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
RT @Kevnkate who do u think is best player to ever play whole career in a 49er uniform? I think it was Bryant Young. > I have others ...

Bob St. Clair, Leo Nomellini, Dave Wilcox & Jimmy Johnson get nod as the best to play only for 49ers. Randy Cross is up there, too.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the post Pozz! That is a fun, but really difficult question to answer for anyone who hasn't been a fan since.... what.... the early 60s? I originally responded "F*** Yeah" at BY, but I'd think Nomellini & B.S.C. could be more deserving (based on unscientific work such as looking at all the Niner HoF stats from the old Madden games)

Trying to come up with other great Niners I've known of, I thought of Ronnie Lott, but had no idea he wound up leaving as an FA and was still active until 94-95! F***. Now I'm conflicted; Merton Hanks was one of my favorite players as a kid, but if the Niners had resigned Lott he could've ended his career as a Niner... but that would mean no Merton Hanks. (I mean Hanks as a starter)

It's difficult to remember players who played until you were 8.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully we can add Gore and Willis to this discussion in the future.

As long as we're wishing, it'd be great if Alex became that. (Not hoping that he plays forever and we're stuck, hoping that he plays great for the rest of the career.) Yes, I know, Gore and Willis is more likely. (Willis could get traded if Sickness takes over as GM). Though I guess that still leaves Gore.

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry Rice. Some fool tried to argue with me that he played for other teams once.

I know, they said the same thing about Joe Montana. And I'm like, how could they forget the best qb? Then someone asked me why I was talking like a valley girl (like, like) and so I knocked him out.

(Arete Tzu posted in the wrong thread before)

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hopefully we can add Gore and Willis to this discussion in the future.

I believe wholeheartedly Gore will make the llist...And while this guy may not be at the top of the list, John Taylor certainly belongs on the list...

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, they said the same thing about Joe Montana. And I'm like, how could they forget the best qb? Then someone asked me why I was talking like a valley girl (like, like) and so I knocked him out.

(Arete Tzu posted in the wrong thread before)

LMAO! really? how did that happen? no way? weird. It doesn't make sense.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryant Young is the most recent I can think of. The guy played on our Dline from 1994-2007. He also came back from a devastating broken leg to play nearly another 10 seasons. I will always remember him for that and for sticking with our franchise during the rough years late in his career.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO! really? how did that happen? no way? weird. It doesn't make sense.

I think it was the same fool that was telling you the Rice once was a Rai... can't do it!

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as we're both wishing how 'bout Andrew Luck? :)

My 'wish' of great Alex play would be the same statistically and winning-wise as my wish would be for Luck (anything realistic for either wouldn't be a wish). Luck is younger, I guess. But if we knew we had elite play (wish), would we keep the picks and players it would take to trade for Luck? It'd be great to get Justin, Patrick, and Gore rings. I guess if either way we end up with the same result (in the wish) of winning every year, we'd opt with the younger player. Question - who is the youngest elible QB? Sign someone 19 off the street for no picks? (Remember, we're talking about a wish, not reality)