• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lynch and Hyde

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
props to this rookie. He is a beast and playing great ball for a rookie. Between him and hyde this guys were steals in the draft. Lynch and J. smith are the only ones getting pressure on the QB. Brooks is so out of shape and screwing up almost every game. When A. Smith comes back I want to see Smith and Lynch as our OLB's.

Great job by these rookies.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch always seems to be making plays and Hyde is just a beast, great pick ups, Ward seems to be having a rough go at it hopefully he improves as the season goes on.

yes he is. getting beat a lot. Also remember he is some what playing out of position. I really think he loses his spot when Brock comes back. Our 3 best CBs are Brock, Cox and cully. Ward is the odd man out. I wasn't thrilled about this draft pick but has plenty of time to get better.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hyde should learn to avoid some of the contact sometimes. I'd like to see him have a long career. I think Gore does a good job of picking his spots and protecting his body.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hyde should learn to avoid some of the contact sometimes. I'd like to see him have a long career. I think Gore does a good job of picking his spots and protecting his body.

Yeah I agree but he is a rookie and wants to prove himself. Im ok with it for now. Lynch doesn't avoid contact and he has been in the league for a good amount of time. Hyde reminds me of him with a little more speed.

PaythePiper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
am i the only one who thinks Culliver sucks ass? (i'm still butt hurt from his performance in the SB)

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cully's not that good. But he's the best we got over there.

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cully plays his assignment and is not a cover corner. As long as he doesn't get beat like a drum on long throws Im fine with him. I think Cox has been playing extraordinarily well of late. Always around the ball and the only guy making interceptions these days. Ward is doing what rookies do ...getting schooled and he's been getting beat due to mismatches in size. He was supposed to be going against small quick slot receivers ,but has been actually getting beat by the bigger guys lining up in the slot. We really haven't missed Brock all that much thanks to Cox stepping up his game.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cully plays his assignment and is not a cover corner. As long as he doesn't get beat like a drum on long throws Im fine with him. I think Cox has been playing extraordinarily well of late. Always around the ball and the only guy making interceptions these days. Ward is doing what rookies do ...getting schooled and he's been getting beat due to mismatches in size. He was supposed to be going against small quick slot receivers ,but has been actually getting beat by the bigger guys lining up in the slot. We really haven't missed Brock all that much thanks to Cox stepping up his game.

Cox has been playing well but today he got beat 2-3 times. Lucky Smith was throwing the ball. I like Cox and think he is a solid #2 or #3 CB

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never seen Cox play as well as he is playing now. I hope he keeps it up.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Culliver has excellent speed and he usually does a good job of not getting beat deep. Cox has been playing his ass off, but I am looking forward to Brock coming back. Brock is much better at taking away the short pass than either Culliver or Cox, IMO.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
with enforcement of the no contact rule, it is almost impossible to blanket a receiver. a well timed and accurate pass can't be defended. any NFL CB will lose coverage one time or another, that's just the way it is nowadays. hopefully, there aren't many passes that are well timed and accurate.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Culliver has excellent speed and he usually does a good job of not getting beat deep. Cox has been playing his ass off, but I am looking forward to Brock coming back. Brock is much better at taking away the short pass than either Culliver or Cox, IMO.

I disagree with the bolded. He doesn't get beat because he plays most WR 10 yards off the LOS and keeps things in front of him. It has nothing to do with his speed. His overall ball skills are some of the worst I've seen since Mike Rumph.

Genus49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ward will be fine. His best position will be at FS but we're ok there for now with Bethea and Reid.

He hasn't been playing that poorly but the game vs the Bears is a big red mark on him and what most people remember but that was more on the coaches. I mean wtf is the guy supposed to do?

This class has the makings of being very special. Very excited about it. We have real talent stashed away for next season as well with Brandon Thomas, Trey Millard and potentially with the two hurt corners with Reaser and Acker.

Can rebuild the OL & secondary and add pass rush and RB starter out of this. Plus I'm still very high on Bruce Ellington. Would like to see him get more snaps on offense.