• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Luongo

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will get very interesting if Crampy gets shelled tonight...

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
That's right keep them both. Clearly the team doesnt need to improve in other areas. What does he actually think he's gonna get. Not that many teams that will take that contract hit, Fewer still in towns where he will go

it only takes two interested teams for a bidding war.
and Gillis is going to pop up in cities with shitty goaltending until that happens.

in the meantime, have two first-class goalies in this compressed schedule isn't a bad Plan B.
off to a 6-2-2 start, without a second line.

so far, we have the luxury of waiting for Gillis' price to be hit.
fortunately, the two goalies are handling the 'controversy' incredibly well.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's right keep them both. Clearly the team doesnt need to improve in other areas. What does he actually think he's gonna get. Not that many teams that will take that contract hit, Fewer still in towns where he will go

Gillis wants Bjugstad from Florida. They already said no.

Luongo has trade value to any team in need of a goalie. The team acquiring better have the cap space to make the move though. I don't think Gillis is going to lower his price.

One thing teams are probably keeping in mind is Tim Thomas, Victor Fasth will both be UFA's at the end of the year. Plenty of teams will be interested. If they want a less expensive goalie than talk to the Kings about Bernier. They'll have to give up something similar to what Gillis wants for Luongo though.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it only takes two interested teams for a bidding war.
and Gillis is going to pop up in cities with shitty goaltending until that happens.

in the meantime, have two first-class goalies in this compressed schedule isn't a bad Plan B.
off to a 6-2-2 start, without a second line.

so far, we have the luxury of waiting for Gillis' price to be hit.
fortunately, the two goalies are handling the 'controversy' incredibly well.

There's one thing you're forgeting & that is Luongo holds all the cards. Gillis can trade him anywhere he wants, but Luongo can veto any trade if he doesn't want to play their.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
There's one thing you're forgeting & that is Luongo holds all the cards. Gillis can trade him anywhere he wants, but Luongo can veto any trade if he doesn't want to play their.

I'm not forgetting that at all. It will be a factor when there's a deal presented. until then, it's not.
bidder #2 doesn't need to be on any approved list (if there is one) - they just need to be present.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not forgetting that at all. It will be a factor when there's a deal presented. until then, it's not.
bidder #2 doesn't need to be on any approved list (if there is one) - they just need to be present.

If bidder one doesn't believe Luongo will say yes to bidder two it won't matter. Teams have a good idea as to who the bidders are. They aren't stupid.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
If bidder one doesn't believe Luongo will say yes to bidder two it won't matter. Teams have a good idea as to who the bidders are. They aren't stupid.

???

just takes one to be hungry and one more to be stupid.
it'll happen at some point.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
How many teams in the league need a goalie right now?

there are 12 teams right now with a team save% lower than .900 (and toronto is at .905).
- for reference, Lou is at .940 right now

I still see Toronto as the main suitor, and all it takes is interest from Fla (.886) or Wsh (.875) or someone else to make a market.
but I'm not going to drive myself nuts over it, b/c as I've mentioned a zillion times, Plan B of keeping them both for a while (even the season) isn't so bad.
Our record (6-2-2) as a team treading water removes any sense of desperation we might otherwise have.

Last edited by a moderator:

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there are 12 teams right now with a team save% lower than .900 (and toronto is at .905).
- for reference, Lou is at .940 right now

I still see Toronto as the main suitor, and all it takes is interest from Fla (.886) or Wsh (.875) or someone else to make a market.
but I'm not going to drive myself nuts over it, b/c as I've mentioned a zillion times, Plan B of keeping them both for a while (even the season) isn't so bad.
Our record (6-2-2) as a team treading water removes any sense of desperation we might otherwise have.

But how many of those 12 teams figure a goalie is all they need to put them over the top either this year or the next year or 2? Without looking at the stats, I assume maybe a few, but most of those teams probably need a lot more than a goalie. Is Vancouver even sure they want to trade Luongo now?

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
But how many of those 12 teams figure a goalie is all they need to put them over the top either this year or the next year or 2? Without looking at the stats, I assume maybe a few, but most of those teams probably need a lot more than a goalie. Is Vancouver even sure they want to trade Luongo now?

another reason I'm not obsessing about it.

the way I figure T.O. makes sense is that Lou would very likely get them into the playoffs.
for that team, that's a huge win.

TB was a thought earlier, but Lindback is holding up pretty well so far.
Florida is still interesting even if bjugstad is still off the table.
Washington does not have a #1.

there are options. there is time.
no worries.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another reason I'm not obsessing about it.

the way I figure T.O. makes sense is that Lou would very likely get them into the playoffs.
for that team, that's a huge win.

TB was a thought earlier, but Lindback is holding up pretty well so far.
Florida is still interesting even if bjugstad is still off the table.
Washington does not have a #1.

there are options. there is time.
no worries.

Toronto is the most realistic if they continue to be in the playoff hunt. I don't see Florida as a serious option. They have Markstrom waiting in the wings. I don't think Tallon will pay the price Gillis wants.

Washington has more than just goalie problems. They have problems scoring goals too. If things don't change quickly they're going to be out of the playoff hunt. Which means Luongo probably isn't going to be traded their.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bobbylou on after hours tonight

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66