• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

lundy

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
posted earlier that with this open game AV plays, lundy would be more vulnreable...

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah,they're certainly not ready to play an open system yet & Hank himself needs to adjust to the team's new playing style, the shorter pads, & the shallower nets. Also a tough schedule until they play the Sabres on Halloween. It's going to be tough for the Rangers out of the gates but it should get easier as the season goes on. Good news is that if you hit rock bottom like the Rangers did last night then there's really nowhere to go but up.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey doobie, u know, i have never felt lundy was elite, to me an elite is atheletic in every sense of the word, lundy's handling of the puck alone leavesa a big questionmark..

also, now that he doesn't have all the guys blockin shots i believe he will be in a lot of trouble....

seems to me he's been in the right place at the right time, and his looks probably are his biggest asset

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nothiing different

Hank has trouble with shots from the high slot and above the points......you can tell because when he misses glove side and sees the shot all the way......obviously biron isnt any better..............TALBOT TIME especially for Biron's slot (come off the bech and give up 5)

AV isnt going tolerate goaltending as an issue especially after Luongo/schneider

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey doobie, u know, i have never felt lundy was elite, to me an elite is atheletic in every sense of the word, lundy's handling of the puck alone leavesa a big questionmark..

also, now that he doesn't have all the guys blockin shots i believe he will be in a lot of trouble....

seems to me he's been in the right place at the right time, and his looks probably are his biggest asset

Yeah pasta, he was always a good technically sound goalie, much like Carey Price, but without his teammates blocking shots, without the oversized pads, & with all that room to move the puck behind the net, he's going to have to adjust his style and get better using his athleticism to cover space. Sometimes it seems as if his image as the King of New York means more to him than anything.

Hank has trouble with shots from the high slot and above the points......you can tell because when he misses glove side and sees the shot all the way......obviously biron isnt any better..............TALBOT TIME especially for Biron's slot (come off the bech and give up 5)

AV isnt going tolerate goaltending as an issue especially after Luongo/schneider

Yeah stealth, you were right about Biron, his numbers might have been solid in the past but he looked absolutely hopeless last night as a goalie. Biron didn't even look like he belonged in the NHL last night, didn't look like he belonged in any professional hockey league in fact.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also gotta add that I hope AV can turn things around. Would really be a blow to my ego to have to admit that Torts was right all along. But as of now, it certainly looks as if the Rangers were better off trying to block shots than trying to score, and it also appears as if the most important thing for a Rangers' coach is to make Hank look good above all else. Hopefully this isn't the case, but as of now Torts certainly looks validated.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People forget that he was a good goalie before Torts and his shot blocking came along. He was good under Renney. Though Renney did play a defensive style so that help but he was up for Veznia his rookie year.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People forget that he was a good goalie before Torts and his shot blocking came along. He was good under Renney. Though Renney did play a defensive style so that help but he was up for Veznia his rookie year.

lundy turned me off early as a rangers goalie, never liked the way he made his teammates look bad when he would shake his head if he felt one of them shielded him on a goal., he had no business doin that! he still has that attitude, and i just don't think he's as good as the new york fan base and media proclaim him to be... he hasn't won a dam thing for the team but for himself, and he should kiss the ground torts walks on for it!

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lundy turned me off early as a rangers goalie, never liked the way he made his teammates look bad when he would shake his head if he felt one of them shielded him on a goal., he had no business doin that! he still has that attitude, and i just don't think he's as good as the new york fan base and media proclaim him to be... he hasn't won a dam thing for the team but for himself, and he should kiss the ground torts walks on for it!

Maybe that is why the defense is leaving high and dry right now since they arent required to block any shots.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be the first one to admit I was wrong about replacing Torts with AV. Thought it was a good move by the Rangers at first but so far it's been a complete disaster.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be the first one to admit I was wrong about replacing Torts with AV. Thought it was a good move by the Rangers at first but so far it's been a complete disaster.

I agree cause he doesnt have the Sedins running his offense he has a bunch of blue collar guys so not only are they not scoring because this team has zero scorers they arent playing defense because of the system.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree cause he doesnt have the Sedins running his offense he has a bunch of blue collar guys so not only are they not scoring because this team has zero scorers they arent playing defense because of the system.

I guess AV isn't squirting fans with water bottles or blowing up at reporters for asking questions, but that's the only improvement over Torts as far as I could see. The team has gotten worse in every regard.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess AV isn't squirting fans with water bottles or blowing up at reporters for asking questions, but that's the only improvement over Torts as far as I could see. The team has gotten worse in every regard.

I agree and its going to be a long damn season. God I hate Sather and Dolan.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree and its going to be a long damn season. God I hate Sather and Dolan.

Sather really does need to step down. Wasn't he diagnosed with cancer last season? Not saying I hope he dies of cancer, but you would think he would care more about his own health than he cares about ruining the Rangers.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sather really does need to step down. Wasn't he diagnosed with cancer last season? Not saying I hope he dies of cancer, but you would think he would care more about his own health than he cares about ruining the Rangers.

I dont think it was anything serious I think he has beat it. Why would he step down he is never going to be fired the Owner is the same guy who still wants to hire back Isiah Thomas. The same Isiah Thomas who totally destroyed his team traded away every draft pick so the Knicks couldnt even build for the future and cost him a ton of money in a sexual harassment lawsuit. Dolan is loyal to his friends so he just doesnt get rid of them no matter how bad they suck. Dolan also is the guy who sent Walsh in a wheel chair to meet with Lebron to try and persuade him to the Knicks. Not saying anything could have made Lebron come to the Knicks but you just made the team look old and out of date and guess what the team is old and out of date. Fuck why do I have to support the crappiest owner in every sport.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think it was anything serious I think he has beat it. Why would he step down he is never going to be fired the Owner is the same guy who still wants to hire back Isiah Thomas. The same Isiah Thomas who totally destroyed his team traded away every draft pick so the Knicks couldnt even build for the future and cost him a ton of money in a sexual harassment lawsuit. Dolan is loyal to his friends so he just doesnt get rid of them no matter how bad they suck. Dolan also is the guy who sent Walsh in a wheel chair to meet with Lebron to try and persuade him to the Knicks. Not saying anything could have made Lebron come to the Knicks but you just made the team look old and out of date and guess what the team is old and out of date. Fuck why do I have to support the crappiest owner in every sport.

True, at the end of the day it really comes down to Dolan. The way he runs the Knicks and Rangers clearly shows he has no clue what he's doing.

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well

i guess the Hank and Biron tandem isnt going to work out for Weekes

but my Reimer and Bernier tandem is working out just fine, I think I will adopt the Leafs in place of a Ranger meltdown:whistle:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They also had Brodeur/Schneider & Miller/Enroth on their top tandems LOL

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how do hockey fans even consider Weekes a hockey media source.....a former player doesnt even know

It wasn't just Weekes tho, it was also Jamie McLennan. KT comes off as the smartest one on the show because she doesn't give stupid opinions like everyone else.