• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Luke Walton

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many teams are scoring 140 points right now since the season started. Great defense

I know. With the playoffs right around the corner and there's still this scoring??? You'd think that all the teams would have gelled at this point to keep the opponents under 130.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Lazy"? Turn on a game and actually watch it. Look at the rotation offenses and look at how the defenders have to run their asses off to guard the perimeter. Back in the day it was straight man with no doubling off the ball. That's as straight forward as it comes and there wasn't any "where you at" looks? Only thing you could do is hard double. Now with the complex zones they have to run these guys are making decisions every moment their out there.

You can talk up the glory days but this game has evolved. Not saying the old player sucked but the skill sets are ridiculous. And it's all based on 3 being greater than 2. Back in the 90's they thought the thing to do was move the 3 point closer so more people would shoot them with Stern's ridiculous experiment. Now they're saying it's just too damn close.

Lol.
You think these guys aren’t lazy on D?Cmon man what are you watching?

Tight D today isn’t played until April.

Look at all the 130 and 140 point games already this year. Every dam team averages over 100 today. Back in the 90s? 4-5 teams averaged over 100 points. Different game but don’t tell me those studs on the dream team couldn’t adjust. That’s horse shit

The average athlete has more overall skills but that doesn’t mean the OG dream team couldn’t hang. That’s just stupid

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know. With the playoffs right around the corner and there's still this scoring??? You'd think that all the teams would have gelled at this point to keep the opponents under 130.

Back to the “they don’t play D until April”.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol.
You think these guys aren’t lazy on D?Cmon man what are you watching?

Tight D today isn’t played until April.

Look at all the 130 and 140 point games already this year. Every dam team averages over 100 today. Back in the 90s? 4-5 teams averaged over 100 points. Different game but don’t tell me those studs on the dream team couldn’t adjust. That’s horse shit

The average athlete has more overall skills but that doesn’t mean the OG dream team couldn’t hang. That’s just stupid

If Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Clyde Drexler, ... played in today's game then they'd be just what they were in their era. I'm not arguing where to place them all time. All you can do is compete against in what's in front of you. But if you gave those guys (besides Jordan, he's just better than everybody in any era as he was) the kind of coaching, training, nutrition, ... that the modern player has then they would have been better than they were in their time. That's just a fact.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to the “they don’t play D until April”.

Can we get 10 games under our belts before you start pointing out trends? Jesus, the season just started.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Clyde Drexler, ... played in today's game then they'd be just what they were in their era. I'm not arguing where to place them all time. All you can do is compete against in what's in front of you. But if you gave those guys (besides Jordan, he's just better than everybody in any era as he was) the kind of coaching, training, nutrition, ... that the modern player has then they would have been better than they were in their time. That's just a fact.

Completely agree. The difference between a lot of those guys and today’s player however is b-ball IQ. Magic and Bird are off the chart. Jordan too. And look at their college coaches. Compare that to these one and dones and guys like LeBron who came from high school. Different era but ball is ball man. Players back then seemed to have more red ass especially Jordan.

Jordan factor is actually huge. The 1 guy on the floor that knows how to control tempo which is huge. Magic too

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we get 10 games under our belts before you start pointing out trends? Jesus, the season just started.

I’ve been saying it for years. Hell
It’s getting worse. Which is why I bitch about it about once a year. Lol.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely agree. The difference between a lot of those guys and today’s player however is b-ball IQ. Magic and Bird are off the chart. Jordan too. And look at their college coaches. Compare that to these one and dones and guys like LeBron who came from high school. Different era but ball is ball man. Players back then seemed to have more red ass especially Jordan.

Jordan factor is actually huge. The 1 guy on the floor that knows how to control tempo which is huge. Magic too

It's a different issue as far as LeBron goes. They basically made him GM of the Cavs his 2nd year in the league and that didn't do him any favors. He didn't bother to learn how to post up or play on the interior until his 2nd year with the heat after he got embarrassed by the Mavs. Then he turned into the player that he is now. I'm not saying he's not flawed but he should have had a post game like year 3. Then there's the case of Anthony. He's had a solid career but he could have been way better than he was. But it's hard for coaches to call out the filthy rich stars with attitude problems.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bad example, LeBron has the highest basketball IQ in the league. Next probably Draymond.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a different issue as far as LeBron goes. They basically made him GM of the Cavs his 2nd year in the league and that didn't do him any favors. He didn't bother to learn how to post up or play on the interior until his 2nd year with the heat after he got embarrassed by the Mavs. Then he turned into the player that he is now. I'm not saying he's not flawed but he should have had a post game like year 3. Then there's the case of Anthony. He's had a solid career but he could have been way better than he was. But it's hard for coaches to call out the filthy rich stars with attitude problems.

Hard as hell to recruit these kids and they leave after 1 year. They’ve got $$$ in their eyes halfway thru high school. That’s the big problem and why we have so many young kids in the league that change/get lazy after a contract.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad example, LeBron has the highest basketball IQ in the league. Next probably Draymond.

You just can’t stay away..

And again you missed the point. LeBrons IQ is pretty dam high, but how much higher would it be if had some coaching worth a shit.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just can’t stay away..

And again you missed the point. LeBrons IQ is pretty dam high, but how much higher would it be if had some coaching worth a shit.

That's fair.

Bruh we aren't even disagreeing. You say the OGs can hang with the kids, I agree. I say the kids can hang with the OGs, you agree. We both say it's not a blowout either direction. Can't we all just get along?