• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Luis Robert is the MVP of the Southern League AS Game

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's having a great season in the minors so far, which was capped off with the MVP honors at their all star game. Can't wait to see what this kid can do in the bigs. Late 2020/early 2021 seems like the logical timeline.

Luis Robert wins MVP at Southern League All-Star Game

I think Robert could be our Soto, Gary Sanchez... etc... type of prospect who comes up and immediately breaks onto the scene. No adjustment period needed. He's damn talented and seemingly more polished than Eloy/Moncada were.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Robert could be our Soto, Gary Sanchez... etc... type of prospect who comes up and immediately breaks onto the scene. No adjustment period needed. He's damn talented and seemingly more polished than Eloy/Moncada were.
I kinda like that the Sox aren't rushing him, but I agree that he seems to be more MLB-ready at this stage then Moncada & Eloy were at their respective time periods.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda like that the Sox aren't rushing him, but I agree that he seems to be more MLB-ready at this stage then Moncada & Eloy were at their respective time periods.

Yeah, no need to rush

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t get the whole don’t rush guys up. If they can’t handle struggling early on in their careers they were never going to be good. Mental toughness is something all stars in the gm have.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t get the whole don’t rush guys up. If they can’t handle struggling early on in their careers they were never going to be good. Mental toughness is something all stars in the gm have.
I think it's not so much a question of rushing as opposed to getting these guys used to professional pitching and getting them as many bats as needed before bringing them up. Personally, I'm for the old September call up when the rosters can be expanded, but with the goofy union contract that determines time on the roster and subsequently affecting the number of seasons a team can hold onto its players, you don't see this as often anymore, at least not with the guys they intend to keep on the team long term.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was anyone aware that Robert is heading to Charlotte? I just found out. Who knows, assuming he does well there, maybe we'll see him in the bigs before the season's end.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If only it were that simple. These guys are only human beings. Plenty of great talents have been ruined because their psyche was shattered by being rushed through the process. It's also not even just the mental aspect of it... When you're going through a period where you can't hit or pitch. You often begin to compromise with rash/ill-advised mechanical adjustments. You can really screw a guy up. You can also throw him in there before his mechanics are prepared to pitch or hit in the big leagues. You have to give a guy a chance to figure out who he is as a hitter/pitcher at the professional level.

The Lucas Giolito's of the world are rare.

The whole blue collar, Joe six pack "Well, if they ain't tough enough for a slump - they ain't gon be good anyway" rhetoric is far too simplistic. The human mind is far more complex than that. The learning process for human beings is far more complex than that. The mental and psychological aspect of sports (especially baseball) is very important. Pretending that it's not is ignorant.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was anyone aware that Robert is heading to Charlotte? I just found out. Who knows, assuming he does well there, maybe we'll see him in the bigs before the season's end.

Robert and Madrigal

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If only it were that simple. These guys are only human beings. Plenty of great talents have been ruined because their psyche was shattered by being rushed through the process. It's also not even just the mental aspect of it... When you're going through a period where you can't hit or pitch. You often begin to compromise with rash/ill-advised mechanical adjustments. You can really screw a guy up. You can also throw him in there before his mechanics are prepared to pitch or hit in the big leagues. You have to give a guy a chance to figure out who he is as a hitter/pitcher at the professional level.

The whole blue collar, Joe six pack "Well, if they ain't tough enough for a slump - they ain't gon be good anyway" rhetoric is far too simplistic. The human mind is far more complex than that. The learning process for human beings is far more complex than that. The mental and psychological aspect of sports (especially baseball) is very important. Pretending that it's not is ignorant.
you can HAVE anything. you also can have a pretty good player on the team instead of languishing in the minors. as i pointed out there are tons of examples of players making that jump without shattering their little egos or destroying their mechanics..

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can HAVE anything. you also can have a pretty good player on the team instead of languishing in the minors. as i pointed out there are tons of examples of players making that jump without shattering their little egos or destroying their mechanics..

Sure. Just as there are many examples of guys who jumped too soon and failed. A lot of guys who get brought up straight from AA are also older prospects and played college ball. Robert is only 22. It's all so pointless... for what? Why risk messing with his planned development? To win 80 games instead of 77?

Let the process complete itself. The White Sox aren't going anywhere and neither is Robert. The two parties will meet very soon.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm in no particular hurry to bring robert up. my point was teams do it all the time and i'd bet there's little to no difference compared to giving them 50 ab's in aaa. i think your case is much ado about nothing.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree But there is zero proof to prove it either way. Great players are almost always mentally stronger than those that are not. How many average mlb pitchers don’t even trust their own stuff? They would rather nibble on the corners or hope a batter chases on a full count. Struggling is a major part of the gm. Every player will go
Through it at some point.