• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LT

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got to watch the LT in question tonight. He was OK, but not impressive. Like someone said, good in pass protection but nothing in the run blocking department. He is a rookie so time will tell.

You also watched his worst game by far of the preseason haha. But yeah he is not going to help open things up for Lacy but by giving Rodgers time to throw, that may help Lacy in itself

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got to watch the LT in question tonight. He was OK, but not impressive. Like someone said, good in pass protection but nothing in the run blocking department. He is a rookie so time will tell.

The unfortunate part about the Seahawks game was that as soon as Rodgers was pulled they knew Harrell couldn't do anything so they didn't waste time attacking us with full force. With no threat of a pass they stacked the box and gave Lacy and our linemen no chance. Much different story with A Rod in. Lacy had one good run but was called back on a really lame holding call on Bakhtiari.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The unfortunate part about the Seahawks game was that as soon as Rodgers was pulled they knew Harrell couldn't do anything so they didn't waste time attacking us with full force. With no threat of a pass they stacked the box and gave Lacy and our linemen no chance. Much different story with A Rod in. Lacy had one good run but was called back on a really lame holding call on Bakhtiari.

Defiantly true.

MajorPackersFan

Boycott CBS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lacy had +6 yards rushing with the starting O-line, and -11 yards with the second string. One play was a lateral where Lacy caught the ball six yards behind the line of scrimmage and was smothered by three Seahawks players. No one will brag about the +6 yards, but as already mentioned, things will be much improved with Rodgers under center. You also have to give props the the 'hawks defense. While I don't have much love for them, you do have to respect them; they are one of the top five defenses in the league.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lacy had +6 yards rushing with the starting O-line, and -11 yards with the second string.

This is not exactly true... only Rodgers came out after the first series. The starting OL stayed in much longer and were getting pushed around by Seattle front 7 and the 8th in the box.

Lacy did not have much of a chance, but that will be different with Rodgers under center.

cyorgan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am in the camp that he will not play another down of meaningful football again.

I as well unfortunately. Just our luck with that...

I'd like to hope that our play-calling would be diverse enough that once the regular season starts, it might not matter how well the O-line is doing as long as we can keep the defense on its heels. I'm confident the first team will quickly develop(especially Bakh) and we'll be better than last year.

Stevein2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or I remember Bulaga playing nothing but LG during his rookie season only to get moved to RT once the season started. IIRC, Lang was inserted as the starting LG over Bulaga that year. This is preseason and while I, like many Packer fans, hope Bakh is the starter, I'm not holding my breath. We've seen stranger things occur you know...

That's a nice story but how exactly does that = "it's pretty clear that Newhouse is still the starter" Stranger things may have happened but if anything is pretty clear at this point from the information we have it's that Newhouse is not a starter at all.

MajorPackersFan

Boycott CBS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not exactly true... only Rodgers came out after the first series. The starting OL stayed in much longer and were getting pushed around by Seattle front 7 and the 8th in the box.

Lacy did not have much of a chance, but that will be different with Rodgers under center.

Actually, it's exactly true, as I said starting O-line, not starting offense. Lacy never actually took a single handoff from Rodgers; they were all from Harrell. In the first half, with Harrell and the starting O-line, Lacy had five carries for six yards. In the second half, with Harrell and the second string O-line, Lacy had three carries for -11 yards.